Bucky Brooks Mock 3.0 has the Jets taking:

Nixhead

26 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Almost every mock has us taking Gardner and/or Hamilton. This JN belief that Saleh doesn’t need or want any talent in the secondary, just pass rushers, and that Douglas already has established tendencies for drafting, I’m not sure I agree. 

Even if you want nothing but secondary talent, taking a safety in the top 10 is basically insane. And I'm the guy who once started a thread wondering if we should take Hamilton. 

But when you look at all of the good safeties in the league - they come from all over the place. Then you think about safety not being close to a premium position and you start to have a big problem with taking a safety at 10 overall. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Even if you want nothing but secondary talent, taking a safety in the top 10 is basically insane. And I'm the guy who once started a thread wondering if we should take Hamilton. 

But when you look at all of the good safeties in the league - they come from all over the place. Then you think about safety not being close to a premium position and you start to have a big problem with taking a safety at 10 overall. 

I really don’t think they’re taking Hamilton now that they signed a safety from TB.  I also don’t think they go cb at 4 - that spot is for OT or edge - but if Gardner is there at 10 he could be too good to pass up.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Sauce Gardner at 4 and Kyle Hamilton at 10. Where do these mock guys come from? Does he know absolutely nothing about what positions Joe D and Robert Saleh value high in the draft. I guess Sauce at 4 is a possibility because his first 3 picks were D-Ends but the Jets get their choice of the best O-lineman there. Hamilton at 10 when the Jets obviously need a receiver and just signed a saftey? The guy should not be an NFL analyst.

Hamilton won’t even make it to Day 2 of the draft because he is so slow.

#droopydawg

jamal even faster

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I really don’t think they’re taking Hamilton now that they signed a safety from TB.  I also don’t think they go cb at 4 - that spot is for OT or edge - but if Gardner is there at 10 he could be too good to pass up.  

Completely agree. 

Although, I'm personally not convinced the Sauce will be a lockdown corner in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ve been saying we take Sauce at 4 and Hamilton at 10 for a couple months now. The only other pick at #4 could be Thibs.

I don't think Douglas would ever take a safety in the top 10..

The Jets are taking an edge rusher with one of the first two picks. I think you can right that down. Saleh basically told us that, lol. But I personally don't see them taking a safety or corner. I tend to think edge and WR makes so much sense, unless the Jets trade for a legit WR before draft day. 

I doubt they take an OL because I suspect they are planning on Becton being the right tackle. 

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't think Douglas would ever take a safety in the top 10..

The Jets are taking an edge rusher with one of the first two picks. I think you can right that down. Saleh basically told us that, lol. But I personally don't see them taking a safety or corner. I tend to think edge and WR makes so much sense, unless the Jets trade for a legit WR before draft day. 

I doubt they take an OL because I suspect they are planning on Becton being the right tackle. 

The thing I keep hearing from JD is we have a lot of needs, and he wants the best players we can get right now regardless of position group.

I don’t think Hutchison and Neal(don’t think we want him anyway) will be there at 4, Thibs probably won’t either. If he is, I could see him over Sauce.

If he’s gone though, I think that means the two best prospects left in this draft are Gardener and Hamilton, and we can’t afford to swing and miss with either of these picks.

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The thing I keep hearing from JD is we have a lot of needs, and he wants the best players we can get right now regardless of position group.

I don’t think Hutchison and Neal(don’t think we want him anyway) will be there at 4, Thibs probably won’t either. If he is, I could see him over Sauce.

If he’s gone though, I think that means the two best prospects left in this draft are Gardener and Hamilton, and we can’t afford to swing and miss with either of these picks.

I could live with Sauce (although I fear he might be overrated).

But Hamilton would just be a silly pick. I just don't see it. And that was before he ran slower than Jamal Adams. 

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

As I've been saying the jets are the dumping ground for all of these mocks.  The guys doing the mocks pick guys and their value and then dump them on the jets when they do not fit in.

No QBs in the first in that mock which i think is reasonable.  No jaemson williams which is nonsense imo.

Williams is not falling into the 2nd. In fact, he might just be a sneaky steal with a trade up for a team who needs a long-term stud with a shortened rookie season.  

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I could live with Sauce (although I fear he might be overrated).

But Hamilton would just be a silly pick. I just don't see it. And that was before he ran slower than Jamal Adams. 

I agree with you on both counts. (Want the CB, not the SS)

I wasn’t saying what I would do though, I just have a feeling this is how JD is thinking. Hopefully someone else takes Hamilton before #10 is on the clock and it’s not even an option. If he is there however, I think there’s a strong possibility he could be the pick.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I agree with you on both counts. (Want the CB, not the SS)

I wasn’t saying what I would do though, I just have a feeling this is how JD is thinking. Hopefully someone else takes Hamilton before #10 is on the clock and it’s not even an option. If he is there however, I think there’s a strong possibility he could be the pick.

If Douglas uses a top ten pick on Hamilton, I'm out on Douglas. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

No he’s not that clever. 

Not sure it’l really takes being clever. It’s closer to that thing we did when we were kids, holding our finger a inch from our sibling going,” I’m not touching you, I’m not touching you,” knowing I full well it would annoy the living shit out of them. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Keep the faith my friend. This team isn’t going to change into a winner overnight, regardless of who we pick. The important thing is to hit on the picks and go from there.

Agreed, but I think Douglas is under a lot of pressure to nail this draft. 

He had a very questionable first draft. His second draft looks promising but depends a lot on Wilson. 

Unless Hamilton is a HOF safety, there are just bigger needs at impact positions. 

Hamilton could be worth it, but in order to be worth it, he has to be an exceptionally rare safety. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CSNY said:

With a mock draft like it’s no wonder he is a “former scout” and not “employed as a scout”

Well respected one at that. Mocks this time of year are more for fun of it creating different scenarios. So they don’t make the same mock over and over.

I guarantee u see a big difference between now and his final mock.

Guys doing mock drafts are not sitting looking all that in depth at 32 different philosophies on team building. This is probably a simple "need defense, give defense" scenario and Sauce / Hamilton were his highest ranked players at those spots.

People take silly season way to seriously around here. ;-) 

• Upvote 2

I think the reality I’ve come to accept is that the jets are not going wr at 4 or 10.  I also do not buy the Hamilton pick either, he was never a consideration for this defense.  Gardner is.  At 4 and 10 the jets are likely going OL/edge/cb. If they take okungwu, they’re going edge at 10.  If they go edge at 4 it offers more flexibility to go Gardner at 10 or trade back.  But even in a trade back I’m not sure if they value the wrs enough to take in the mid teens.  

A wild card for this team is davis, i can see saleh and his defensive coaches loving him and wanting to fix that putrid run d with one player.  While Wilson’s development is key to getting to the playoffs, what really made this team unwatchable this past year was how the d got run on and gave up 9 minute drives in the 2nd halves and we couldn’t watch wilson b/c he couldn’t get on the field.  

On 3/29/2022 at 7:31 PM, Nixhead said:

Sauce Gardner at 4 and Kyle Hamilton at 10. Where do these mock guys come from? Does he know absolutely nothing about what positions Joe D and Robert Saleh value high in the draft. I guess Sauce at 4 is a possibility because his first 3 picks were D-Ends but the Jets get their choice of the best O-lineman there. Hamilton at 10 when the Jets obviously need a receiver and just signed a saftey? The guy should not be an NFL analyst.

Trade #10.

• Upvote 1

IDK - it’s possible that the edges the Jets want at 4 or at 10 are off the board.  That assumes the player we would want at 4 isn’t there, and there is an edge we would take at 10 but not 4, and that players goes also.  It reasonable that the Jets don’t see any of the receivers as worthy of pick 10 - ie a high probability #1 - and work their board for best available - picking up edge and wide receiver in second round.  Not that crazy but it would be horribly unpopular in the moment. (Assumes no great trade back options…which is what I think the Jets would prefer to do in the above scenario)