Who's your secret draft crush at 10?

nycdan

I do it almost every year.  I get my heart set on a guy I hope we draft at a certain slot.  Half the time he's gone.   The other half he's there and we take someone else.  I'm bummed either way, if only for a bit.

4 is too high to fret about.  But at 10 there are so many options and I find myself being more and more sucked into the Drake London scenario.  If he lives up to his potential, he could be the transformative big-bodied WR that this offense needs.  I have no idea if he will, but he's become the guy I want at 10.  Which means either ATL will draft him at 8, or we'll skip him and take someone else.  And I will be annoyed for 30 seconds.

There are many draft picks like him, but this one is mine. 

I suspect most of us have a particular guy we are hoping will be there for us.  Who ya got?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Devin Lloyd will be the guy every team in the top 10-or so looks back at and questions ‘why didn’t we pick him?’

This.

I'm the type who crows about "positional value" so I'm a huge fraud for advocating any scenario where we take an off ball LB at 10 but Lloyd fits the bill of someone I love and wouldn't be heartbroken if we took.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This.

I'm the type who crows about "positional value" so I'm a huge fraud for advocating any scenario where we take an off ball LB at 10 but Lloyd fits the bill of someone I love and wouldn't be heartbroken if we took.

100% for me too.

• Upvote 2

Leaving the idea of a blockbuster trade alone for a minute, 

My first choice is taking my favorite WR on the board.

My second choice is taking my favorite edge on the board. 

If we don't trade either pick, I want edge and WR with 4 and 10. Everything else will leave me at least somewhat disappointed. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I do it almost every year.  I get my heart set on a guy I hope we draft at a certain slot.  Half the time he's gone.   The other half he's there and we take someone else.  I'm bummed either way, if only for a bit.

4 is too high to fret about.  But at 10 there are so many options and I find myself being more and more sucked into the Drake London scenario.  If he lives up to his potential, he could be the transformative big-bodied WR that this offense needs.  I have no idea if he will, but he's become the guy I want at 10.  Which means either ATL will draft him at 8, or we'll skip him and take someone else.  And I will be annoyed for 30 seconds.

There are many draft picks like him, but this one is mine. 

I suspect most of us have a particular guy we are hoping will be there for us.  Who ya got?

A trade back for Linderbaum or Dean/Lloyd 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Devin Lloyd will be the guy every team in the top 10-or so looks back at and questions ‘why didn’t we pick him?’

This.  Fred Warner is getting paid 19m a year over a 5 year contract because ranging multi tool LB's are valuable.  To think that the #10 pick wouldn't be worth a guy who ends up being that is crazy.  In fact, I'd give the #10 pick right now for Warner, who wouldn't?

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, peebag said:

Jordan Davis.  He's the next Manster.

This.

If you get Davis at ten, and the best edge at four (if a trade back from four for a mid teens pick and a number one next year doesn't find a partner), you go a long way to fix the defense. He's a Haloti Ngata type player, and he'll do fine getting rotated out in Saleh's system, staying fresh on running downs plus another here and there. Pick the edge and Davis in Rd 1, and a WR and LB in Rd 2, TE or RB in Rd 3.  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

If they could that, great, but I don't see him falling too far, so 10 will most likely be where he goes. ????

It might be worth it at 10 for this guy but also if they can trade back and lose out on him get a very good receiver at 15-20. Might be worth taking that chance but Willams could over his career be elite vs just good to very good. 

5 hours ago, NYSportsKing said:

George Karlaftis is more athletic than people give him credit for and is easily edge 3 for me. If we could find a way to take him, even if it wasn't at 10, I'd be all for it.

He's my third favorite pass rusher in the draft. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Jameson Williams

I'd also be happy with Treylon Burks there though people would freak out.

If Burks falls to the second, that he would make a lot of sense there. 

I'd personally take Williams at 10, but I don't see the Jets doing that 

Just now, slimjasi said:

People either love Drake London or think he's going to be trash

very interested to see what his NFL career looks like

He gets trashed here pretty thoroughly but on the Jets Facebook groups the venom is pretty crazy. He is hated. The meltdown if he gets drafted will be something to see. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If Burks falls to the second, that he would make a lot of sense there. 

I'd personally take Williams at 10, but I don't see the Jets doing that 

I'd take Burks at 10 if williams is gone.  As they say, 'man crush'  ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd take Burks at 10 if williams is gone.  As they say, 'man crush'  ?

This. 

I think its strange that Burks has fallen down the board a bit since the end of the season. 

Burks and Dean are my man crushes this year. 

• Upvote 1