The Official "MY CRITICISM WAS WRONG ABOUT JOE D" Thread and other short stories.

Dunnie

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I had been supporting Joe D staunchly until the Sauce pick ... at which time I lost my sh*t.   

Now after waking up to the gift that was JJ, I am back on board the Joe D train. This guy might be the best GM we have ever had.

Anyone else ?

You lost it at the Sauce pick? You realize he is arguably the best player in the draft?

And correct, Joe D is amazing. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I like the Sauce pick, I'm luke warm on Wilson only because of his height (seems similar to Moore). And I really wanted Thib but JJ is a nice consolation prize. 

Somewhere in my heart I secretly wanted thib as well but damn he is 100% Jamal. 
best to stay away

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I like that he works the board to get players he likes. 

2020: had a deal in place to move up with the Jags for an OT

2021: moved up for AVT

2022: Moved up for Jermaine Johnson

If he likes a guy and the value is right, he will go up and get him.

Likewise, if there are multiple guys he is ok with or the value isn't right, he’ll trade back. 

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I was happy last night. Still happy now. Did about as well as could be reasonably hoped for really.

Agreed, but it doesn’t make the past go away and I still need to see wins in the field. I’m happy with last night, but I still have to wait for the results on the field.

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I reserve my judgement until we get through an entire season without Zach Wilson curled up on the turf writhing in pain, while Connor McDermott looks on helplessly and Mekhi Becton is eating his fourteenth Reeces peanut butter cup on the sideline. 

And after drafting Sauce, I am at this moment, officially, going to refer to Becton as Gravy or Gravy Boat.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

I would like to admit that I was completely wrong about Woody

Leading up to the draft I started to doubt that he would actually spoil the draft, and the other day I was almost sure he wouldn't

But then he did his Tik Tok magic and BOOM everybody knew who the #4 pick was going to be

Awful analysis by me

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

He made low risk choices.  Should be 3 starters.

That’s the most important thing, he can’t afford to miss and he made choices that showed that. According to stuff I read Jets had all three of them in their top 8, they stuck to it and it worked. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Whatever was listed he is shorter than it. When you see 5'11" and 3/4, he is probabaly closer to 511 than 6. 

He measured in at the combine at 5’11 3/4 I’d imagine that’s pretty accurate 

Moore is definitely pretty short and measured in at 5’9 1/2

so he’s over 2 inches taller 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets drafted three impact starters last night. Many people would’ve been content with JJ at #4 and JD got him at #26. Sauce is a mild surprise, but you know the coaching staff is down with the pick. That actually makes me feel better about them. Coaches who can’t adjust their systems to fit a star player aren’t worth ****. Has Vegas moved the over/under on the Jets yet? 

You got ur wish too

• Upvote 1

We had the worst coach and roster in football 15 months ago.  What Joe Douglas has done in 15 months is nothing short of extraordinary.  The NYJ are the most talented, young football team (coaches and players) in the nfl.

The 2022 season, the goal of this football team is learn how to win games.  Unfortunately, in order to do that there will be some losing.

But starting in 2023, this team will supplant the bills as the afc east champs and we will go on a 15 year run of dominance w/ multiple super bowls.

Buckle up jet fans.  Its going to be a hell of a ride!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1