### The Official Day Three Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well if we want a mammoth backup RT to back up our mammoth starting RT, I happen to know there's one available.

image.png

saw that.  Might need to put an addition on the locker room to get them both in. 

seriously, there are several good offensive lineman available, wonder if he d be the one?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

saw that.  Might need to put an addition on the locker room to get them both in. 

seriously, there are several good offensive lineman available, wonder if he d be the one?

He's raw, but I think if there was ever a time we could afford to roll the dice a little....this is it.

Could you imagine declaring 6'9" 380 lb. Faalele eligible and lining him up next to 6'8" 375 lb. Becton and AVT...and handing it off to Hall?

Who, exactly is going to stop that madness?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He's raw, but I think if there was ever a time we could afford to roll the dice a little....this is it.

Could you imagine declaring 6'9" 380 lb. Faalele eligible and lining him up next to 6'8" 375 lb. Becton and AVT...and handing it off to Hall?

exactly what I was thinking.  No more punting on 4th and 1 or kicking extra points, just got for two behind that wall!

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, jetsons said:

This is what the Jets have left for later today... Make the BEST of it JD!!!

Round 4: No. 111 (from CAR) 

Round 4: No. 117 (from MIN) 

Round 5: No. 146 

Round 5: No. 163 (from PIT) 

I think we traded both our 5ths in the trade ups for Johnson and Hall.

That leaves us with the two 4ths and then we are done, unless JD acquires more picks today.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I think we traded both our 5ths in the trade ups for Johnson and Hall.

That leaves us with the two 4ths and then we are done, unless JD acquires more picks today.

You're probably right, I got that off the ProFootballTalk site & they had those trades already in there... oh well... I'll still take the 2 :)

Jets draft picks 2022: Full list of New York's draft picks, order for every round - (nbcsports.com)

Jets win first round with trio of strong picks

Posted by PFT Editorial Staff on April 29, 2022, 8:14 PM EDT

The New York Jets are entering year two under head coach Robert Saleh and are positioned to have a draft that will impact the franchise for years to come. New York has nine total picks in this year’s draft, all within the first five rounds. Half of their picks this year come within the first 70 picks, including two in the first round (4th and 10th). 

The Jets drafted quarterback Zach Wilson second overall last year. Wilson started the year slow, and a mid-season injury appeared to be the worst-case scenario. Ultimately, Wilson only missed four games and took that time to reassess his play from the first half of the season. After Wilson returned from injury, the rookie QB cut down on his turnovers and had nine total touchdowns and just two interceptions over the final seven games of the season.  

The Jets have needs at almost every position (and have the draft capital to fill those needs) but building an offense around Wilson and protecting their franchise QB is a must. A star wide receiver is likely high on the list and could be a use for the fourth overall pick. Alabama’s Jameson Williams or Ohio State’s Garrett Wilson might fit the bill. 

Between free agency and the draft, the Jets will have a lot of new faces in 2022. 

Click here for the entire 2022 NFL Draft order and keep reading to see who the Jets take in the 2022 NFL Draft. Coverage of the latest news from around the NFL is available all year round on PFT’s Peacock channel.

New York Jets 2022 NFL Draft Picks:

Round 1: No. 4 – Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

Round 1: No. 10 (from SEA) – Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State 

Round 1: No. 26 (from TEN) – Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State

Round 2: No. 36 (from NYG) – Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State

Round 3: No. 101 (from NO via PHI and TEN) – Jeremy Ruckert, TE, Ohio State

Round 4: No. 111 (from CAR) 

Round 4: No. 117 (from MIN) 

Round 5: No. 146 

Round 5: No. 163 (from PIT) 

28 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

These I like...

Zach Tom or Matt Waletzko for tackle depth

Sterling Weatherford or Marquese Bell for Safety

Damone Clark or Darrian Beavers_for LB

Clark had spinal fusion surgery... I wouldn't take him... Beavers on the other hand I like very nuch.

image.png.e3b560f224a3d0ced0d9dac6456de052.png

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

With Ruckert as the lead blocker! 

Just now, ZachEY said:

Would be amazing - maybe a record - if we could make it through 4 rounds without a pick to which the response is, “Who?”

We’re already in uncharted territory.  This is the twilight zone compared to 5 yrs ago when the jets actually took safeties with their first two picks - and high picks, too.  Instead of mahomes and cook.

• Upvote 1

This has been some draft. Really masterful and on target. One clear methodology point: Douglas is entirely focused on getting the specific guys he wants, not waiting for the pick to react to what is left. Quality over quantity. Last year was a mix of both. Targeting at the high end, crap-shooting at the bottom. With that said, there are some really solid players still on the board and the Jets are in good position to fill a couple of depth holes... I'm guessing LB and OL, but we'll see. I trust what these guys are doing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

We’re already in uncharted territory.  This is the twilight zone compared to 5 yrs ago when the jets actually took safeties with their first two picks - and high picks, too.  Instead of mahomes and cook.

Whatever happened to that first safety we drafted?  Jasper Anderson?  Or something like that?

• Haha 1