### The Official Day Three Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Man Robinson would've been a much more exciting pick.

Both guys in round four seem like career backups or spot starters to me. Pretty clear that Saleh prefers long arms and size and current technique over agility in the Edge. Not a big fan personally of the pick. Mitchell makes more sense. I think if that’s where they want to go our edge roster was deep enough that I’d develop a guy like Robinson who at least has a higher athletic ceiling. Oh well. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Irish Jet said:

I'm pretty shocked we went with a guy who had injuries and off-field problems. Very much against what we've been bringing in this off-season. 

Definitely sounds like a positional coach who really wants him.  This is clearly a depth pick, someone who physically is ready to contribute right away and doesn’t have a long term outlook b/c of his age.  The Mitchell pick sounds much more like the prevailing team philosophy.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think the plan is for JFM to move inside, which mostly negates the need to draft a DT and drives the need for one more outside rusher.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I know they absolutely love the potential of Jonathan Marshall, who is, also, an off the charts athlete.  Possibly explains the lack of DT.

True, makes sense.  I personally like Clemons for a 4th round pick.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AdrianMurrel said:

A lot of these PFF nerds are tough to take. Guy is even admitting the Jets got a lot of good players but didn’t do it in the perfect process for PFF.

They also flip out if you draft a RB before the 5th round 

These guys don’t get fired if the team can’t score points.

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, I'm good with him too, and Mitchell. I've taken both of them in atleast a few of the 150 mocks I've done on the simulator these past couple months ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Same.  Antonio Cromartie is on that Aggies staff nowadays too.  I’m sure they got a good report on his character as well.  I’m not worried too much about a suspended license and weed.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Are you referring to undrafted free agent, Kenny Yeboah?  Yes.   Yes he did. 

I can't remember if you reacted to the Wan'Dale pick.  Were you surprised where he went?  Did he go higher than you expected?  I was rooting for him to fall to us later in the draft but, as a NYer, at least I'll get to watch him every week.

4 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

A lot of these PFF nerds are tough to take. Guy is even admitting the Jets got a lot of good players but didn’t do it in the perfect process for PFF.

They also flip out if you draft a RB before the 5th round 

This guy is everything wrong with the world....oh I'm sorry better not assume gender.