Deebo…..Again

Nah. That ship has sailed. Let’s see what our guys got. If we want to use another 1st on WR, than let’s just grab someone next year. Next year’s class will be as good as this year’s.

I agree with @Barry McCockinner. The niners are going to regret rejecting our offer. It was a similar value to what Tennessee got for AJ Brown.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Niners are going to regret passing on the Jets offer on draft day. They're going to have a problem and end up getting less value for a player refusing to play.

I agree, and to be honest that might work out in our favor if the 49ers decide they want to move him. I don’t think they will though, imo they’re going to either work out a deal, or use him up for the next two seasons.

I regret the two teams couldn’t find a way to get it done. If the rumor is true that we offered a#10 and a 5th, I don’t think the 49ers get that much back now.

I’d have taken Deebo over Wilson in a heartbeat though, and would love to see JD keep working to pull this trade off somehow.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

No. Davis has a ton of talent (he was a top 10 pick, lets not forget). Lets see if he can bounce back now that he's healthy with this group of WRs and Zach in year 2. 

The real hope is with multiple threats at TE and RB, the WRs should not draw as much attention and perhaps ease the tighter coverage on them a bit so they can make plays.

• Upvote 2

I think that trade would still be great and would be a fantastic way to take advantage of Zach’s rookie contract.   When Moore or Wilson want more money, then Deebo moves on.   I would not count on Mims.

The Titans are a good organization.  They decided to try their luck with Burks rather than ABB and his contract.  

WRs like Samuel are not playing for the 4th year of their second round contracts anymore.  Don’t blame them.  

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

No.  Our WR room is good enough.  Our 2023 1 will be better used elsewhere.

Hopefully not, but possibly in acquiring a QB.

That’s the elephant in the room.

Everyone here is excited about the way the draft worked out, and rightfully so. Eventually though everything is going to come down to the QB.

We have no idea whether we have a future FQB, a middling game manager, or a bust in Zach Wilson. We all have an opinion, but based on what we’ve seen, you’re right. It feels like the Jets are looking to be very competitive this year. In order to do that Zach needs to step up.

if he doesn’t, and looks like he did in ‘21? That 1st round pick might be needed.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

The real hope is with multiple threats at TE and RB, the WRs should not draw as much attention and perhaps ease the tighter coverage on them a bit so they can make plays.

I guess my point was that before we drafted G.Wilson, we had a hole at WR and the 10th overall pick to work with. Adding Deebo, despite the huge contract and draft capital we would have to give up, still made sense. Now that we have Wilson, giving up that same value to upgrade from Davis before seeing if Davis can bounce back and have a productive season as a Jet just doesn't seem like a wise or timely move.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-west/san-francisco-49ers/deebo-samuel-is-still-dug-in-nfl-world-reacts

Would you trade a 2023 #1 & Corey Davis for Deebo assuming he was willing to sign a long term deal here?

No.  Why would I offer that much for a player who has “dug in” on leaving the San Francisco 49ers? 

• Upvote 2

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-west/san-francisco-49ers/deebo-samuel-is-still-dug-in-nfl-world-reacts

Would you trade a 2023 #1 & Corey Davis for Deebo assuming he was willing to sign a long term deal here?

Not a chance.  The reason Deebo wants out of SF is that he doesn't want to be used the way they are using him.  He wants to be a pass-catching wide receiver.  His value is in the pass/run game.  I'm not paying 25 million for him to catch 2-3 passes per game.

• WTF? 4

If Zack progresses as well as he should like I think he will, we should be pretty good and having DBo is not going to change anything drastically. It’s really all up to how Zack progresses I feel like we have enough pieces in place everywhere else to make a decent run and then later on if we need to add someone, that’s when you do it.

43 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

No.  Our WR room is good enough.  Our 2023 1 will be better used elsewhere.

Hopefully not, but possibly in acquiring a QB.

I know you’re down on Zach, but they’re not drafting another QB in the first round next year. If they’re still on the fence about him after this season (or worse, think he might be a bust), the most they’ll probably do is bring in a veteran fringe starter type to push him and/or take over when need be. I don’t think they’re even thinking about that right now, though. They’re doing everything they can to help Zach succeed. 

That said, I’d consider a package for Deebo. The dude is a QB’s best friend. 

• Upvote 3

As much as I would love to have Deebo on the roster instead of meh Corey Davis, I most certainly would NOT make that trade. Our 2023 #1 has to stay put.  We may need to start grooming a QB in 2023 and that #1 pick has to stay put until Zach Wilson proves himself. Period.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Esquire said:

Not a chance.  The reason Deebo wants out of SF is that he doesn't want to be used the way they are using him.  He wants to be a pass-catching wide receiver.  His value is in the pass/run game.  I'm not paying 25 million for him to catch 2-3 passes per game.

First 8 games last season:

49 catches for 782 yards

6 "rushing" attempts

So wtf are you even talking about? Do you know?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Esquire said:

Lol, the dude had 1400 receiving yards last year, and averaged over 18 ypc. What the **** are you talking about? 

The Jets are an ideal spot for him and what he wants to do and for what the Jets will ask him to do. The Jets don’t need him to be a RB (although I’m sure he’d get a couple end arounds), because they’re two deep with Hall and MC1. They don’t need him as a gadget guy or returner because they have Berrios for that role. You know where he’d hate to be traded? Baltimore. No WR wants to go there right now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Yes and based on what was proposed you do that in a heartbeat!

Deebo Samuel is not just a WR he is a cultural changer and the Niners will regret treating him poorly cause he will not want to be there. Finally the issue with Deebo isn’t overall dollars but Guaranteed Monies, this is the sticking point and the Niners will not change their position, hence they will have trade him. 

• Upvote 1