Eisen on the Jets Draft

Unfortunately the New York listener and reader likes the Cimini and Manish type.  When you listen to other NFL team press coverage, they are glowingly positive.   Their fan bases need to hear positive news.  We New Yorkers thrive on the negative.   A reporter who covered with a positive spin will basically get run out of town.  

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Unfortunately the New York listener and reader likes the Cimini and Manish type.  When you listen to other NFL team press coverage, they are glowingly positive.   Their fan bases need to hear positive news.  We New Yorkers thrive on the negative.   A reporter who covered with a positive spin will basically get run out of town.  

And the Patriots won 6 SB's because the Boston sports media was glowingly positive prior to 2001!

• Thumb Down 1

Omg. I feel like he spoke for a lot of Jets fans. I mean, I’m looking at this team and I’m like **** yeah. We will actually be able to compete. We will actually be able to win some games. We actually have a team that can carry our QB. And if said QB breaks out, watch out.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CT Jets said:

He’s my favorite “media “ jets fan . 

He blasts them as they should’ve been blasted for the last 10 years but he’s not as whiny and bitchy as say Mike Greenberg or Joe Beningo

Or half the people on this board for that matter.

45 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Thank god Woody got back from the UK in time to take control of the draft room!!! woot woot!

A string of words in the English language that nobody would have ever uttered as recently as 5 days ago.  Now it only barely triggers the sarcasm warning.

5 hours ago, Marshmello said:

Thanks for posting this!  I watched the draft live on ESPN and DVR’d the NFL Network and ABC coverage.  I heard people talk about this monologue, but had trouble finding it.  I loved this.  Thanks again!

• Upvote 1