Divorce is horrible

Sorry to hear about this bro keep your chin up.

Women are vindictive make sure you get a good lawyer.

If you ever need to talk message me. I got two baby mamas. I've been in court for almost 20 years.

I got experience~

Good luck bro and again I'm sorry. It's not easy stuff.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

It’s really how long it takes to know that you did, that really does you in. People always make a big deal about a bride standing a groom up at the altar. If you look at it in the long term, it’s literally likely the kindest thing she could have done. 

Well, kinder would have been breaking up long before the wedding costs started flooding in…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The legal system is very flawed when it comes to divorce is all I can say.  I waited months for a mediation session and got absolutely nowhere it took 15 minutes for 2 mediators to explain the system but resolve or make any recommendations for any of the issues. My former wife is making this personal and very difficult. Its become more of her paying me back for every disagreement we had in 40 years. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The legal system is very flawed when it comes to divorce is all I can say.  I waited months for a mediation session and got absolutely nowhere it took 15 minutes for 2 mediators to explain the system but resolve or make any recommendations for any of the issues. My former wife is making this personal and very difficult. Its become more of her paying me back for every disagreement we had in 40 years. 

Its tough joewilly. Any major change in life is tough. F her though u will be fine it just takes time.

at Some point soon u will b in vegas and sticking it in a sweet 22 year old for $500 your head will explode with delight. Then youll find some normal divorcee and be in the drivers seat again dude be patient

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Mediation is 99.9% a waste of time the court forces you into because they are overbooked and don't want to take your case if there's even a .01% chance they don't have to. 

• Upvote 1

I sit back where I’m living trying to survive live another day. My wife has created a world of hate around me with family friends. I wish there was a way to silence her legally from slandering me and partaking in defamation of character comments. She was denied a permanent restraining order and has been out for more blood since that day. 

18 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I've been a divorce attorney in New Jersey (its not the only area I practice) since 2006, so hopefully this can be helpful:

1. Divorce is an extraordinarily difficult process for people and I always advise new clients to at least explore speaking to a therapist. Personally, I've been going to a therapist for a few years and it helps. If therapy isn't your thing, try working out, meditating, etc. anything you can do to deal with the extraordinary stress you are going to be dealing with. 

2. https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/06/nj-judge-shortage-reaching-crisis-level-with-huge-delays-for-thousands-this-is-catastrophic.html

What is happening in New Jersey with the shortage of judges is an atrocity. In Hudson County, I have people that can't even schedule a date to enter their divorce because of the lack of staffing.

3. I'm a believer in mediation. It isn't always going to work, but I think it is important for the parties to get the perspective of a neutral third party so that your settlement expectations can be more realistic. The trick is to get a good mediator that will move the parties towards a settlement instead of just serving as a messenger back and forth between the parties. 

I was in mediation one time not for divorce on a business matter.   Both parties were represented by attorneys and it wasn't binding.  During the initial phase it started to get personal on their side.  I asked the mediator if I had to actually be in the room.  Could my attorney deal with it for me and walked out.   The other side quickly settled.  I didn't get what I deserved and they didn't get away scott free.  Neither side was made whole by the process.  Over all that seems like a good result.  

This was in Federal court with a very professional mediator.  Not sure the State and local courts that deal with divorce have that kind of pro to deal with.  I'm sure it makes a huge difference.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I waited 3 months for ESP mediation it was a complete disaster 2 mediators offered zero recommendations or suggestions it lasted all of 15 minutes. At least they could have done was offered some guidance. My lawyer has expressed to me getting a court date would be very difficult and probably not happen for awhile. My wife initiated the divorce if she wants it bad enough she will have to improve her offers and attitude or else I’m willing to wait for trial  not giving in I need want what’s fair I worked too damn hard for everything. She wants me to concede and I’m sure is surprised I haven’t by now but her offers are that bad. 

• Upvote 4