Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Psyched and relieved JJ is not injured badly. But he doesn't seem to be the monster we were looking for.  Maybe be a solid to very good edge setter that gets pressure once in a while.

The only problem with the JJ pick is that Karlaftis is supposedly killing it in KC camp.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The only problem with the JJ pick is that Karlaftis is supposedly killing it in KC camp.

Only? JJ has the agility of a pre-oil-can Tin Man. The one attribute nearly all elite pass rushers have? You guessed it — elite 3 cone.

57 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Danny dimes cooking the Jets is not great 

Every non-Jets starting QB the Jets have faced this summer (Hurts, Mariota, and Jones) has cooked them.  It's early, but not a great sign.

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sounds like it’s the first time they’ve done it in camp and only because they’re opponent was running them. But thanks for clarifying.

This is really cringe.  If Saleh is going to run a soft camp, then he should own it, and run a soft camp.  It's actually kind of sad that it takes peer pressure for Saleh to make the team do something that's not "player friendly" for the first time.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Lith said:

You'll never convince me that the additional preparation conditioning these teams get from joint practices + preseason games doing conditioning drills, are so valuable that they outweigh the injuries. 

So sick of august injuries

45 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No Idea just googled dragging by hair LOL they said it was a mannequin . 

Gotcha.  Looked real enough as low-res as it was. 

Amazing to think people actually do that to living, breathing people, often people they say they love....

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I mean what else is he going to say?  That Wilson drops 2 or 3 balls per practice?

3 catches for 15 yards against a mix of Falcons starters and scrubs in preseason game #2 wasn't exactly jaw-dropping.

Louis Riddick comp'ed him to a HOF'er during the game.  Basically called him the next Lynn Swann.

The Jets have this habit of publicly anointing guys they invested highly in before they ever do a thing.

As much as I hate the Patriots, I like how they take the opposite approach.  Everything is team-oriented, and they tell rookies and new guys to basically shut up and work.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

47 minutes ago, Lith said:

I sometimes forget the Giants took Wan'Dale.  Him and Toney together could be fun for Giants fans.  2 of the twitchiest WR's in the league on the same team could be dynamic if Barkley and Galloday return to form.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There is no way you can predict the future of a player by reading tweets from a few practices or by watching a handful of preseason snaps.

Also, if your track record was so good, you wouldn't be posting on an internet team forum site, but working for an NFL team. You're a legend in your own mind.  Congratulations.  

I have held this opinion since before the draft. You know, before this tweet even existed.

Regarding you schoolyard comeback, what’s next? “I’m rubber, you’re glue? I don’t like opinions I disagree with in the Internet so FU?”

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I mean what else is he going to say?  That Wilson drops 2 or 3 balls per practice?

3 catches for 15 yards against a mix of Falcons starters and scrubs in preseason game #2.

Louis Riddick comp'ed him to a HOF'er during the game.  Basically called him the next Lynn Swann.

The Jets have this habit of publicly anointing guys they invested highly in before they ever do a thing.

As much as I hate the Patriots, I like how they take the opposite approach.  Everything is team-oriented, and they tell rookies and new guys to basically shut up and work.

..but they haven't named Sauce the starter and won't even call him "Sauce" until he "earns" it..

7 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Every non-Jets starting QB the Jets have faced this summer (Hurts, Mariota, and Jones) has cooked them.  It's early, but not a great sign.

This is really cringe.  If Saleh is going to run a soft camp, then he should own it, and run a soft camp.  It's actually kind of sad that it takes peer pressure for Saleh to make the team do something that's not "player friendly" for the first time.

I mean it’s a bad look. Plus he’s coming off of his navy seal tshirt press conference. Like come on..people see through this stuff.