Jets Place T Duane Brown On IR Call Up T Grant Hermanns

jetsrule128

Per the interwebs:

The big one comes with the Injured Reserve list. Once, being put on IR meant the player's season was over. Then the league started allowing two players to come back, as long as they sat out eight games. That was shortened to three games when Covid hit (although there was a separate Covid list.)

Now, the rule is that a player must miss at least four games after going on IR before they can return. But teams can now bring back as many as eight players from IR, and in an even bigger changed, teams can bring back a particular player twice (it used to be a player could only return once from IR). If a player comes back twice, it counts as two of the eight slots.

So he can come back for week 5.  Not season ending.

• Upvote 4

I have been thinking about this.  

The big issue here was what JD and the Jets medical staff were thinking about the condition of Becton’s knee and Becton generally.   Neither were obviously ready.  They should have known what they had in April.  Maybe that meant a different draft and free agent approach.   

But this entire situation is a black mark on the organization generally.  We will be drafting another QB this Spring. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Tin foil hat theory inspired by @Augustiniak

We still needed backup tackle depth after Brown was signed. What if the Jets liked how Mitchell was progressing but weren't ready to completely rely on him with a young qb. Wilson injury happens and rather than burn even more cap space on a vet T they decide to take the opportunity to IR Brown with a mystery injury and get Mitchell some game experience. Also gives the old vet a nice break to start the season while he gets back in game shape.

Tin Foil GIF

• Sympathy 2

13 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

So just bad luck ...ok ...very believable 

Yeah, how football works

Unless you can explain how he passed a physical, practiced, played in a preseason game, practice another week and then injures his shoulder and it’s the medical staffs fault.

Not really going to make me feel better if someone is to blame but it’s not

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

Grant Hermanns.  UDFA out of Purdue.  The guy was tough enough to take on Michael Clemons in training camp.  I don't don't know if that means he has guts.  Or he is just plain crazy.

I, for one, have been excited all training camp for Hermanns Muenster.

• Haha 4

Fant is injured and making a late switch to LT, starting a rookie RT and probably activating a practice squad player for the sole OT to back them up 

Tomlinson and AVT need to show up in a big way. LaFleur needs to be smart here.   Use those TEs to help. A LOT

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

So what exactly is wrong with Duane Browns shoulder? Is it possibly season ending or just a 4 week thing? The guy hasn’t missed a game in 40 years - signs with the Jets and instant injury. Can’t play. No one says why. 

Sorry fellas.  I jinxed it.

My post stated a few days ago “Brown will Never play a Down for NYJ, but will make a lot of money”.  Even though the guy never gets hurt during his quite long career, come to the Jets and this is what happens.

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Said we needed two tackles signed when it obvious what Becton was. Extreme negligence.

Moses should have been resigned with assurances that he would start.

I understand that during the offseason, it was a decision between Becton and Moses, and I gave JD the benefit of the doubt, but now it's clear that...

indiana-jones-he-chose-poorly.gif

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Fant is injured and making a late switch to LT, starting a rookie RT and probably activating a practice squad player for the sole OT to back them up 

Tomlinson and AVT need to show up in a big way. LaFleur needs to be smart here.   Use those TEs to help. A LOT

I actually have more faith in Fant playing LT than I did in him playing RT. I just don't have faith he'll finish the entire season, and we're going to be forced to see Connor McDermott starting games.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Brown robbed us. 

He has Tons of company.

In fact I bet there is some kind of book floating around the Underground Economy of the NFL on the steps needed to score that one last big payday without ever having to play anymore and risk a cushy retirement, from the NFL’s “red headed step-child”...the NY Jets....there have been just so many guys who have gotten down on that gravy train.

• Upvote 3