I was wrong about Saleh...

THE BARON

The fact the offense and backup QB have thrown 45+ times in 2/3 games with 2 young and talented (potential studs) RBs is really worrisome. They have blocking TEs with Uzomah, Conklin, and Ruckert; run the damn ball. Even if just to give the defense more of a rest. The RBs have decent YPC, no?

• Upvote 4

Just now, k-met57 said:

i have a challenge for my follow jets fans...

Tell me one thing Saleh has done well. Seriously, just give me one tangible thing that he has done well. Players rally around him? that's not a thing, outside of mangini i think players generally speak out for their coach.

what i see:

- undisciplined

- unprepared (lets not lose sight of the fact that he decided not to play anyone in the preseason)

- can't generate pass rush with a top paid D line + 2 very good corners

- safeties are probably the worst in football

- illogical love of Joe Flacco (imagine if we actually had a competent backup like brissett...yeah i know)

- terrible media handling, basically lied to us about Wilson and then chose not to come clean

- chose Lefleur to come with him as OC, chances are he could have had mcdaniel (speculation)

i just want someone to tell me the 1 thing that he's done well enough to warrant a HC job (that wasn't in SF or seattle).

I'm assuming he okayed the fake punt against Cleveland?

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm assuming he okayed the fake punt against Cleveland?

Boyer is a solid Special Teams coordinator (funny enough, held over from the previous regimes), I imagine he wanted to pull the trigger first and foremost. 

Theres no scenario where I see Saleh looking at Boyer, and saying "Let's do a fake punt right here". 

It was Boyer going to Saleh for damn sure. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I had disagreed with several posters that were critical of Saleh.  Even though the Jets did not rack up wins last season, I saw what I thought were signs of a good HC.  Apologies to those I contradicted.  I saw a poorly coached team yesterday.  I'm leaning towards concluding that Saleh is another dead end.

The VERY good news is that JD appears to have overcome his early mistakes to hit a grand slam this off season.

Perhaps, his next pick for HC will be another home run.  

Also... LeFleur is already on the payroll.  Could he be the next Jets HC ???

Well... this guy sympathizes

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I had disagreed with several posters that were critical of Saleh.  Even though the Jets did not rack up wins last season, I saw what I thought were signs of a good HC.  Apologies to those I contradicted.  I saw a poorly coached team yesterday.  I'm leaning towards concluding that Saleh is another dead end.

The VERY good news is that JD appears to have overcome his early mistakes to hit a grand slam this off season.

Three games, with a back up QB, and multiple critical injuries at the OT position, and that's it?

This fan base is the worst!

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 4

24 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Tell me one thing Saleh has done well. Seriously, just give me one tangible thing that he has done well. Players rally around him? that's not a thing, outside of mangini i think players generally speak out for their coach.

what i see:

- undisciplined

- unprepared (lets not lose sight of the fact that he decided not to play anyone in the preseason)

- illogical love of Joe Flacco (imagine if we actually had a competent backup like brissett...yeah i know)

- terrible media handling, basically lied to us about Wilson and then chose not to come clean

- chose Lefleur to come with him as OC, chances are he could have had mcdaniel (speculation)

- hired a terrible DC and letting him sink this team although the ******* guy is a top defensive coordinator

i just want someone to tell me the 1 thing that he's done well enough to warrant a HC job (that wasn't in SF or seattle).

Sounds like the last 4 or 5 coaches we had.

• Post of the Week 1

what i see:
- undisciplined
- hired a terrible DC and letting him sink this team although the ******* guy is a top defensive coordinator

He hired solid contractors to do the renovations on his house when he arrived, oh wait…
  • Haha 3

According to Saleh the miscommunications that are leading to wide open TD’s are simply “bad luck”. And a normal occurrence that happens to every team 5-6 times.  I’m so sick of his BS excuses.  I would have more respect for him if he got up there and said “Look I need to do a much better job getting my team prepared and making the necessary adjustments to ensure that these dumb mistakes don’t happen again”. Instead he seems very defensive and thinks his way is the right despI’ve the evidence that shows it’s not working.  I’m also sick of his slogans.  At this point just shut up and at least try to coach.  If nothing else take over the defensive play calling because it’s obvious our DC can’t do it 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, jackhuntr said:

Sounds like the last 4 or 5 coaches we had.

Rex is a great defensive mind. His issue was that the players did whatever they wanted....but even that being said...Rex could scheme a defense for a team of 12 year olds. I have 0 confidence Saleh can even run a defense.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

The fact the offense and backup QB have thrown 45+ times in 2/3 games with 2 young and talented (potential studs) RBs is really worrisome. They have blocking TEs with Uzomah, Conklin, and Ruckert; run the damn ball. Even if just to give the defense more of a rest. The RBs have decent YPC, no?

It’s hard to commit to the run when you’re playing from behind all the time 

16 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Drafted Becton, Mims, Davis, Perine, Morgan, Bryce Hall, Mann

Signed as FAs Tomlinson, Whitehead,  Jarad Davis, Carl  and Shaq Lawson,

Ryan Kahil, Pierre Desir

I forgot the ancient OT Brown

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Question will be as Saleh's seat gets hotter does he start laying into the players to get the mistakes to stop. In other words, you're the HC and your job is on the line. Well a good example to me is I would go over the film and though it was a tough QB tackle to stop I would get with JFM and say you see how that one play effectively turned the game and ended up causing a loss. I do not want to see that occur from you again or you will be on the bench for the foreseeable future. Or, maybe that has to be indicated in from of the entire front 7 or while D so they know to be somewhat aggressive with the QB hits, but not to a fault to turn a whole game around. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

According to Saleh the miscommunications that are leading to wide open TD’s are simply “bad luck”. And a normal occurrence that happens to every team 5-6 times.  I’m so sick of his BS excuses.  I would have more respect for him if he got up there and said “Look I need to do a much better job getting my team prepared and making the necessary adjustments to ensure that these dumb mistakes don’t happen again”. Instead he seems very defensive and thinks his way is the right despI’ve the evidence that shows it’s not working.  I’m also sick of his slogans.  At this point just shut up and at least try to coach.  If nothing else take over the defensive play calling because it’s obvious our DC can’t do it 

Seriously. 
Comments like that is making me lose faith quickly.....6-7 miscommunications leads to losing football! Period! How many miscommunications do the Rams, Bills, Chiefs, Bucs, and Pats have?

Just own up to your shortcomings and take responsibility and say we have a lot to improve on. All the extra stuff and the positive vibes is just showing how clueless he really is ?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

yesterday they avged 2 YPC in the 1st half. they got most of there YPC in the late 3rd and 4th down by 15. 

its hard to run when were always playing from behind

Like others I thought he would be different,,,HOWEVER, here is the reality:

Robert Saleh has coached 20 games for the New York Jets. He is 5-15. In those five wins, the average margin of victory is 3.8 points. In those 15 losses, the average margin of failure is 16.1 points.  

That is AG bad.  Not enough, the Jeff Ulbrich-led New York Jets defense has allowed a 69% completion rating. They’ve allowed 37 touchdowns and stolen only 8 interceptions. Teams average 7.7 yards per play against Gang Green, and an average of 27 points scored. 

the next guy can talk about the HC's OC ... enough is enough.  another game with 50 passes...LOL.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2