Pass Interference on Jets

The one on DJ seemed legit but the ones on Sauce & I believe it was Carter II appeared to be horrible calls to my naked eyes in Section 133.

I HATE when the refs get overly involved and could have cost the better team the game.  Jets overcame which makes this a quieter point but still.

Did you guys see something on instant replay that showed differently than at the game?

This seemed like one of those things the zebras went into the game looking to call and they saw something that wasn’t f-in there!

Thoughts?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Warfish said:

PI is the least consistent, most subjective penalty in the NFL.  Horribly inconsistent calls today.

Roughing the passer is pretty inconsistent and subjective too. See that awful penalty against the Falcons today.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The one on DJ seemed legit but the ones on Sauce & I believe it was Carter II appeared to be horrible calls to my naked eyes in Section 133.

I HATE when the refs get overly involved and could have cost the better team the game.  Jets overcame which makes this a quieter point but still.

Did you guys see something on instant replay that showed differently than at the game?

This seemed like one of those things the zebras went into the game looking to call and they saw something that wasn’t f-in there!

Thoughts?

Did any fish fans in your section have inflatable dolphins with them?

I saw at least 3 where I was.

can’t say I have seen that before.

told 1 girl with one and about 5 minutes left that flipper was dead.

she wasn’t amused

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

The last one which I think was carter was a bad call. Now I was across the field from you but from my perspective and replay- I thought it was bad.

The one on Michael Carter wasn’t a bad call, he was holding the receivers jersey and his arm was practically wrapped around the guys waist lol 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Did any fish fans in your section have inflatable dolphins with them?

I saw at least 3 where I was.

can’t say I have seen that before.

told 1 girl with one and about 5 minutes left that flipper was dead.

she wasn’t amused

No inflatable dolphins.

Inflatable egos, yes … Happy to see their smug looks turn to disappointment, including their smug little sh*te kids 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

None of them were good calls, it was just normal "chicken fighting" between the CB and WR.

It was the totality of MIA passing strategy, flip it down field and hope they got a flag.  Because

Thompson stunk

• Upvote 3

Just a really awful job by the officials regarding PI today. If those three all were PI how was the 4th down play to Corey alDavis not? That was by far the most legit PI play and they didn’t call it. I’m not saying they wanted to get Miami to cover the numbe but man, when it’s so blatantly one sided, the peanut gallery gonna throw peanuts.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, docdhc said:

How about that intentional grounding call on the first play of the game? Sauce hit Bridgewater’s arm so I don’t know how they called it. It was a big break for us and those 2 points helped until the 4th quarter. That’s why I’m not that upset over the PI calls. 

Agreed.  That was a horrible call.  He didn't ground it, he got his arm hit as he was throwing.  

I thought all three PI calls were extremely weak especially when Davis was getting mugged without the flag.  

The better team always gets the call.  It's a factor on why the bad teams are always bad and the good stay that way.  

Hopefully when we break out of the basement we'll get a decade of make up calls. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Thoughts?

The 2 against Hill were really bad calls. The one on Waddle was legit.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

MCII had great coverage and made a great play on the ball.  The weakest "jersey-grab" I've ever seen.

Eh, you cant grab jersey like that though. Rule is a rule. 

I thought the calls were legit.

Refs missed the PI call on Corey Davis on that 4th down throw though. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Thoughts?

One by Reed on Hill was not a catchable ball as it was thrown ten yards out of bounds, or doesn’t that matter any more?. I think it does.

• Upvote 1

I keep saying......the solution is to go to the college rules.

15 yards and a 1st down is far better for pi calls that at times are dubious rather than the 50 yard penalties on dubious calls.

You give up 15 yards and you may be upset at a call but it is not potentially game changing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

The 1st one on Sauce at least was BS. IF anything, that one was offensive PI on Hill. That was a clear superstar call. 

Gotta be honest, when I first read your post I thought you were talking about Sauce as the Superstar and you were confused about the call. That’s how Green my glasses are.