After today, do we scale back a little on the Elijah Moore hate?

No one likes the way elijiah handled this but does he have a point?! 

Yea kinda, Wilson stinks, sorry family. He’s a mark Sanchez, a game manger we can make a run with if he doesn’t turn the ball over. Losing breece hurts and changes things. We may have to reevaluate 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Gastineau Lives @FidelioJet @Hal N of Provo when you’ve lost Joe you’ve lost the war.

That game was indefensible.

He was bad and I am, for first time, really worried about the kid.

It's just really bizarre how so often he struggles to make the most pedestrian throws.

I still think far too many are hard on him fore the wrong reasons.  His decision making is fine, his patience his fine, his movement in the pocket is fine..

His accuracy is just mind benignly awful right now.   

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's just really bizarre how so often he struggles to make the most pedestrian throws.

I still think far too many are hard on him fore the wrong reasons.  His decision making is fine, his patience his fine, his movement in the pocket is fine..

the problem is he takes too long to process and make any decision and his field vision is like a horse with blinders on.....then when he does throw it half the time its off-target. he is pretty terrible

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

the problem is he takes too long to process and make any decision and his field vision is like a horse with blinders on.....then when he does throw it half the time its off-target. he is pretty terrible

Don't agree with the first part.  Second part is correct.

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Don't agree with the first part.  Second part is correct.

you can't disagree with a stat. it was shown on a graphic that zach wilson is DEAD LAST in the category of average time to pass attempt. this means he is taking too long to process reads and actually throw the ball
it was also shown in videos of the film that he is not seeing wide open receivers constantly....which would tell me his field vision is narrow

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

you can't disagree with a stat. it was shown on a graphic that zach wilson is DEAD LAST in the category of average time to pass attempt. this means he is taking too long to process reads and actually throw the ball
it was also shown in videos of the film that he is not seeing wide open receivers constantly....which would tell me his field vision is narrow

It actually doesn't mean that.  But stick with the narrative is fine.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Now I am not justifying what he did and it was unacceptable, but watching our passing game today, did anyone think to themselves, "Ok, I get what Elijah is upset about".  Lets be honest, this is the worst passing offense in the league and looks to be getting worse by the game.

Who the hell even is “we” here?

I think most people knew that Moore would be back. We spent a 2nd round pick on him and have him under contract.

Don’t act like you guys who wanted him drawn and quartered spoke for the fanbase lol. If he’d have waited 5-6 weeks to voice his displeasure I imagine the fanbase would have his back given how his QB is playing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It actually doesn't mean that.  But stick with the narrative is fine.

ok then even worse.....he is processing what he is seeing quickly but completely wrong and doesn't even know what an open receiver looks like.....so he doesn't pull the trigger. either way he is terrible at playing qb

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

With the Defense we have if Mike White runs the offense we have a chance. Watching Wilson throw for 100 yards a game, have no clue WTF is going on in the pocket is excruciating to watch at this point. Its also hard to watch him throw in front of the god damn first down marker by 5 yards over and over while we have players open 5 yards past the marker. 

Undefeated

22 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think most people knew that Moore would be back. We spent a 2nd round pick on him and have him under contract.

Don’t act like you guys who wanted him drawn and quartered spoke for the fanbase lol. If he’d have waited 5-6 weeks to voice his displeasure I imagine the fanbase would have his back given how his QB is playing.

No, there is never a right time to call out your team in public, especially when the team is winning. NEVER. There is no excuse for that sh*t 

• Upvote 4

As part of the next man up philosophy, I think they should use Elijah more out of the backfield given Breece's likely loss.  If he wants the ball and is the playmaker he purports to be, this could be a win-win situation for both sides.  He could be a nice complementary piece to Michael Carter, even in the 2 back sets we were seeing with MC and Breece.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, no, it's not fine.  It's atrocious.  It's by far the worst aspect of his game.  It's honestly some of the worst I've ever seen.  If he gets knocked off his spot, which is often because he bails so much, he's pretty much useless.  It's great that he can evade a free rusher but the turning your back to the LOS, has to stop and it's QB'ing 101.  You're literally told that sh*t in PeeWee Football.  He got away with one after he was pirouetting around in the back field like a ballerina on the "no fumble" but he's going to do that one day and get met with a devastating blow and or, similar results w/ out a favorable outcome.  His footwork still absolutely blows goats and it impacts everything he does from there and mainly, it's why he's so wildly inaccurate.  He's still struggling w/ his drop backs too, takes an extra unnecessary step, weight always falling back.  It's mind-boggling because I think this aspect of his struggles is probably the most astonishing miss in the analysis of Wilson.  He's a miserable off script QB, he's so much better when he's playing from the pocket and getting the ball out quick.  If he holds it, he's just toast and it all goes back to his pocket movement, it's astonishingly bad. 

Anywho, F Melijah Moore.  You think he gives the same effort to spring Hall that Mims did?  Not a chance.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Hater

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok, so you see this improving next week w/ Bellichek coming to town?

does the bellichicken have the no. 3 defense?  the issue is still the oline.  for whatever reason they don't pass block very well at least when they're set up for play action.  and don't forget the ticky tacky fouls that brown and the other guys had.  11 penalties? and denver only manages 2 or 3?  we'll see what happens.  the defense seems to be pretty capable of putting on pressure and then making some good adjustments at halftime.

• Upvote 1

The passing game yesterday was a hot mess.  Elijah Moore attacking the OC, airing his dirty laundry and asking for a trade doesn't change what he did.

Saleh actually handled this the right way.  This is up to Moore.  Is he willing to come in appoligize to the team and the OC and be part of the solution or does he want out? 

The fact that the passing game yesterday was hot trash doesn't change what Moore did.  In a way it makes it worse.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

How did you think the OL played yesterday?  I thought it was hot trash.   I noticed a few unblocked rushers on almost every passsing play.  Zach was awful yesteday and his footwork broke down.  There was also a complete meltdown of the protection in front of him.   He had an opportunity to set his feet on a couple of throws in the second half and he didn't.  I think he was shell shocked by that point. 

Hall going out changed everything.  Carter is a nice complimentary back but he doesn't put the fear in a defense like Denver's.   Lefleur and Zach are going to have to radically change their approach going forward in how we attack.   They also need to figure out why there are so many free rushers or this is going to go south in a hurry.  

It's one thing to get blocking down field when you have a beast like Hall, it's another thing to give lineman a free path to your QB when you actually have to throw the ball. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

ok then even worse.....he is processing what he is seeing quickly but completely wrong and doesn't even know what an open receiver looks like.....so he doesn't pull the trigger. either way he is terrible at playing qb

You can pretty much criticize Zach for  everything today  but his inability to pick out the open receivers is in my opinion  the death knell with this kid. It basically neutralizes any of the play calls and terribly limits the talent of the wide receivers. I understand the Denver defense is top notch and very difficult to pass against. That’s the exact reason why you need a QB who can take what’s there the few times it is. Hard to watch, 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Now I am not justifying what he did and it was unacceptable, but watching our passing game today, did anyone think to themselves, "Ok, I get what Elijah is upset about".  Lets be honest, this is the worst passing offense in the league and looks to be getting worse by the game.

And that is mostly on the QB who can't hit a receiver in stride 10 yards out.

• Upvote 1

Why the Mims mocking? Didn't see the whole game, but he made a great block to spring Breece on the td run. I saw another play where Zach threw behind him and  he got smashed. I say we cut Mims some slack. There's a perception that Moore is much better than Mims. What has Moore done anyway? Some flashes here and there. 

• Upvote 1

When Davis got hurt Mims should have stepped up.  It’s basically Mims position.  We find out now.  

Moore now can step in and get opportunity.  I thought Davis was a long shot for next year anyway.  

Zach does not look good, but I support the pick.   For $8mm/year x 4 he is a QB with an arm who can help the offense develop.   But unless something changes quick we will need to be bidding on JG next year, which will mean a bunch of other players being allowed to walk.  The team will be much different-mainly the defense.  The Jets are 5-2 with a cheap QB and expensive OL/defense.  

The Denver defense will make any offense look bad.  The Jets won the game, which is good. 

Let’s get Zach some more coaching.  

Depth and injury prevention is the key in the NFL.  JD is doing much better with that.  

6 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

Why the Mims mocking? Didn't see the whole game, but he made a great block to spring Breece on the td run. I saw another play where Zach threw behind him and  he got smashed. I say we cut Mims some slack. There's a perception that Moore is much better than Mims. What has Moore done anyway? Some flashes here and there. 

You must have missed the play late where a holding call on Mims nullified a big play. So one good play and one bad play. Not a great showing. And I like Mims; I was hoping to see more of him.

No the reason it looks worse is because we just played the 3rd best defense in the world.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, no, it's not fine.  It's atrocious.  It's by far the worst aspect of his game.  It's honestly some of the worst I've ever seen.  If he gets knocked off his spot, which is often because he bails so much, he's pretty much useless.  It's great that he can evade a free rusher but the turning your back to the LOS, has to stop and it's QB'ing 101.  You're literally told that sh*t in PeeWee Football.  He got away with one after he was pirouetting around in the back field like a ballerina on the "no fumble" but he's going to do that one day and get met with a devastating blow and or, similar results w/ out a favorable outcome.  His footwork still absolutely blows goats and it impacts everything he does from there and mainly, it's why he's so wildly inaccurate.  He's still struggling w/ his drop backs too, takes an extra unnecessary step, weight always falling back.  It's mind-boggling because I think this aspect of his struggles is probably the most astonishing miss in the analysis of Wilson.  He's a miserable off script QB, he's so much better when he's playing from the pocket and getting the ball out quick.  If he holds it, he's just toast and it all goes back to his pocket movement, it's astonishingly bad. 

Anywho, F Melijah Moore.  You think he gives the same effort to spring Hall that Mims did?  Not a chance.

If he’s gonna have any success, he needs to rework his footwork and pocket movement. Idk if that’s possible but it’s a must. Need a pep Hamilton type coach in here. 

Also do we not have a qb coach yelling at him about these things?? Are they just a MLF yes man?? I don’t think it’s a coincidence he started playing better last year when John Beck joined the staff. 

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

No one likes the way elijiah handled this but does he have a point?! 

Yea kinda, Wilson stinks, sorry family. He’s a mark Sanchez, a game manger we can make a run with if he doesn’t turn the ball over. Losing breece hurts and changes things. We may have to reevaluate 

He doesn't have a point.  There's a difference in Zach isn't playing well and I want to be traded because I'm a whiny bitch who comes ahead of the team.  

• Upvote 3

Ok, so you see this improving next week w/ Bellichek coming to town?

Belicheck always schemes to attack the weaknesses and right now that's the Oline.  Lafleur needs to counter and draw up more slants , screens and mis direction to negate their pass rush and blitzes. NE doesn't have the defense Denver does, but they scheme very well. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Help me out here…

I’m amazed how many of the PVO guys here cling so tightly to that 4th quarter against Pittsburgh, yet they insist that Mike White’s game against Cincinnati meant nothing.

Why is that?

Because many times Opposing D's have no film on backup/backup QB's .Its why teams sometimes get a spark when they are inserted and why many fanbases not just Jet fans lament facing an unknown QB. The NFL now has live game film on Mike White he's not an answer.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Are you kidding? Yesterday's game made me hate the guy more. The team was getting battered and struggling on offense while that jerk stayed home because he was sulking over his target count.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True but Mike White was about a full calendar year ago.  There were a lot more people who believed in Zach just a few weeks ago than there are right now.  

Its the Jets fan base it will flip flop game by game , quarter by quarter maybe even.