After today, do we scale back a little on the Elijah Moore hate?

10 hours ago, Jetworks said:

Not sure if it's been said yet, but Davis getting hurt should've hammered home the point emphatically for Moore; no better opportunity for him than having the perceived #1 target go down in a game, with you in the wings. Instead, he chose to be a selfish teammate who made himself unavailable in his team's time of need due to pettiness. 

The Jets sent him home. The jets made him inactive 

If it was up to Moore he'd have played all game and gotten 25 targets 

The pettiness was from the coaches 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He wants out.  If it was up to Moore he would be gone.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The crux of this is bad qb play.  Either Elijah thinks the qb stinks and cant get him the ball or the coaching staff thinks the qb stinks and are limiting his throws.

And both sides are right.  The qb needs to get better and it has to happen very soon.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Pettiness?  You and Todd Bowles are on the same wave length as far as how to handle players goes.  Let them do whatever the F*** they want with no unaccountably at all.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The crux of this is bad qb play.  Either Elijah thinks the qb stinks and cant get him the ball or the coaching staff thinks the qb stinks and are limiting his throws.

And both sides are right.  The qb needs to get better and it has to happen very soon.

Maybe players should discuss with the union to lobby for college rules and have the clock stop after first downs. This way the games are longer and receivers get their touches. 

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

No, that was the result of his pettiness. Actions, consequences, that whole thing. Discipline, some call it. Personal responsibility by others. Check it out, it's quite effective at creating people with a sense of purpose and perspective

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

Disagree. 

The coaches were hired to change the culture and win football games, which is exactly what they are doing.

If Moore doesn’t fit the culture, GTFO.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Disagree. 

The coaches were hired to change the culture and win football games, which is exactly what they are doing.

If Moore doesn’t fit the culture, GTFO.

100%.

And Elijah if you’re reading this- please just stfu and get open. It’s not about you. You’ve proved nothing.  Team game bitch! You are one part- stop being a distraction and a cancer to your teammates.

16 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

If Mims starts next week, our QB might not see Elijah but he will definitely see ghosts

The Jets QB might not see anything with the All Black Helmut along with the All Black Uniform. That blends in pretty good with the turf. Makes me wonder what the Jet Front Office is thinking when they scheme up this stuff

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

Moore has 29 targets for the entire season (6 Games)

Interestingly enough Moore got 21 of those 29 targets in the first 3 Games of the year when Flacco was the QB. Yet I don't read from any of the Elijah Moore supporters saying that Flacco should be still calling signals. Quite to the contrary, those of us that called for Flacco to remain the Starting QB for just one more game against Pittsburgh were met with jeers and hisses saying "this is Zach's Team" yet Zach throws only 8 balls Elijah Moore's way. When Elijah Moore makes a stink about it some of the same people that defiled Flacco calling for Zach now side with Moore in this row. That's what I call Fickle Fans.

BTW now that Zach is back in there the team needs to stay with him. And until Moore issues a public apology to his teammates (which I haven't seen yet) he stays benched.

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

Elijah acts like a me-first little d*ck behind the backs of his teammates and you want the entire organization to bend over for him.  Yeah... good take there. #-o

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t hate him but he deserves all the criticism he has been getting 

I still think he can be great for us, but do worry about the psychological aspect if what’s going on. We’ve seen plenty of great players struggle with what’s between their ears.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:26 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Now I am not justifying what he did and it was unacceptable, but watching our passing game today, did anyone think to themselves, "Ok, I get what Elijah is upset about".  Lets be honest, this is the worst passing offense in the league and looks to be getting worse by the game.

Don't hate him, but I don't want him either.

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The crux of this is bad qb play. 

So why is it that the other WRs on the NY Jets can manage the QB problem and Elijah can't?  This incident is not about QB play.  It's about team disruption and me-first vs clubhouse.

On 10/24/2022 at 4:22 AM, FidelioJet said:

That game was indefensible.

He was bad and I am, for first time, really worried about the kid.

It's just really bizarre how so often he struggles to make the most pedestrian throws.

I still think far too many are hard on him fore the wrong reasons.  His decision making is fine, his patience his fine, his movement in the pocket is fine..

His accuracy is just mind benignly awful right now.   

pirouetting in under 3 seconds and having your back to your targets and protection as often as he does is like the worst NFL pocket movement Ive ever seen.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

So why is it that the other WRs on the NY Jets can manage the QB problem and Elijah can't?  This incident is not about QB play.  It's about team disruption and me-first vs clubhouse.

Everyone is different dude.  I dont know why one complains and the other doesnt.  Garrett Wilson is a much better receiver then Chris Olave but Olave stats trump Garrett becasue of qb play.  Zach is struggling to even complete passes right now.  The last 3 quarters of football on Sunday was unwatchable because of our qb.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Everyone is different dude.  I dont know why one complains and the other doesnt.  Garrett Wilson is a much better receiver then Chris Olave but Olave stats trump Garrett becasue of qb play.  Zach is struggling to even complete passes right now.  The last 3 quarters of football on Sunday was unwatchable because of our qb.

SO why can the other WRs deal with the QB problem and Elijah can't?  F him.

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

^^^ So diseased!