Frank Reich Fired as Colts HC

Vudu

6 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Greenberg was just on ESPN radio saying Colts are all-in on tanking. 

The moment they started Sam freakin Ehlringer that was pretty evident.

As for Reich, if he was the one that pressed for Phillip Rivers, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan then he deserves to get the axe.

I haven't followed Indy closely, but they just preferred to punt on drafting quarterbacks.

Sounds like a safe approach for the GM, but doesn't give the coach much to work with.

I'd like to see where Reich lands - I thought he had a good reputation as an offensive coordinator.

At some point the Chargers coaching staff needs to go, right? I'd love Sean Payton there, but Frank Reich could be a nice backup plan.

The Reich firing is a bit of a head-scratcher for many of the reasons others here have said, but beyond that I think mid-season firings are completely idiotic in the overwhelming majority of cases.

The only reasons I can ever see for making that move would be either it getting so bad that it's just a completely toxic environment making it an absolute necessity, or if you have a coach on your current staff who you are very seriously considering for the job in the future (an extreme rarity for interim coaches).

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The overhyped GM should be out first. Absolute failure on securing a competent Qb via draft, despite an enormous amount of Jets draft capital. 

Jacob Eason (4th rd. ‘20) & Sam Ehlinger(5th ‘21) since 2018.

Keep the GM. He's doing a great job at sucking. One less team to worry about.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The Reich firing is a bit of a head-scratcher for many of the reasons others here have said, but beyond that I think mid-season firings are completely idiotic in the overwhelming majority of cases.

The only reasons I can ever see for making that move would be either it getting so bad that it's just a completely toxic environment making it an absolute necessity, or if you have a coach on your current staff who you are very seriously considering for the job in the future (an extreme rarity for interim coaches).

Or they don't want a good HC because they're tanking.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They've had a lot of luck getting FQBs in the draft.

I know this is probably just a Luck joke, but I am not sure that people realize just how much the Colts are involved with the few true "generational QBs" of your lifetime.  They drafted Elway and he refused to play for them and claimed he would play for the Yankees instead and would "rather be a garbage collector" than play for the Colts.  The swapped #4, backup QB Mark Hermanns and an '84 1st.

The Colts moved to Indy the next year and sucked for 15 more.  In 1990, they traded up for Illinois QB Jeff George, moving Chris Hinton (the 4th overall they got for Elway) Andre Rison who thinks he was better than Jerry Rice, and a 1991 1st.  Stop laughing, we took Blair Thomas with the next pick, with Cortez Kennedy, Seau, and Richmond Webb on the board.

In 1998, they were able to draft Peyton Manning who they chose over Ryan Leaf (an alleged 1a and all-time bust).  Peyton could have come out earlier and played for the Jets but refused because that **** ******* carpet bagger wouldn't promise that he wouldn't trade the pick for a nice inside LB and 47 late round picks. 

Then in 2012, they Sucked for Luck.  

**** these mother****ers and their drunk ass owner.  I hope they pick the next Tim Couch.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Nothing wrong with tanking and it would certainly explain the switch to ehlinger 

It affects the entire league when 3-5 teams start actively tanking half way through the season. 1 or 2 games left, I can see playing some of the young players to see what you have. Game 8 and you starting Ehlinger? Bad for the fans & the league.

Also they are 3-5-1 and still would have a chance at a WC spot