Chris Simms Merged Threads

37 minutes ago, gandolfthewhite said:

Folks, the frustration that all feel is focused on Zach, for good or bad. He is the QB, the leader and Captain.
He has not been much of a leader lately and seems to be fading quick.

Being a diehard Jet Fan for 50 some odd years, I kinda want some results, don't ya think? I did not want this guy to be our 2nd pick, and was skeptical, but gave him a shot. However, I am not sold obviously. He is developing, albeit slowly, the CS are bringing him along, but the overall team pedigree is now way outpacing Zach and he is now a hindrance.

Yes, I have been a "negative" contributor because of being conditioned for the weekly beat downs of SOJ, and I apologize...but this team is different with the amazing spit and glue pasting job of an injury riddled OLine, and the whirlsing dervish bowling balls with knives on the DL, that they are exciting nevertheless.

The only glaring weak spot is our QB play, missing open receivers 5 yards away, not seeing or pulling the trigger on open receivers, and an overall "failure to launch". The CS will and is losing the lockerroom, at least the WR room, with Zach's poor play. MiLF is definitely a contributor here not calling quick slants etc.

At least we are still in the thick of things at Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving to all. We do have a lot to be thankful for.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

As a fan of over 50 years myself, I feel exactly as you do!

Thank you!

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.   There's more joy on this board today than there's been in years.

Seriously, you read this board  and you see joy. How much joy do you see, really. You know I have never been a Zach supporter except for a short time but I am not happy. We have some really good players and we have a team that is most likely pissed off with the QBs lack of accountability.  This BS in this pod cast that the last question was a throw away just fits these two tools agenda. Anyone who thinks these two do not pre-script what they say has no idea how these things work. A friend of mine works on the Michael  Kay show and it is all scripted except for the phone calls but they decide what positions they take in advance. And they were right, the question was a test and there is nothing wrong with doing that. Zach isn't  smart enough to know how to handle the NY media. 

As far as joy, I don't  see joy, I see frustration having a QB who had less complete passes than punts, who didn't  even tally over 100 yards passing, who was close to having negative yardage in the entire second half, who couldn't  beat an O that only scored 1 FG the entire game. Who takes a snap in shotgun and proceeds to drop back 3 or 4 steps before the rush even gets there. Yes, when he takes the snap, he is not looking at the receivers, he is looking at the rush. There is no other explanation.

This isn't  joy, this is we are tired of dog ? at this position. Mike White wins that game. Flacco wins that game. We are playing the wrong QB. He should have been benched in the 3rd Qrt. The whole NFL fan base also thinks he sucks now. My brother who is a Giants fan told me no matter what happens to you, you are having a better day than Zach. The only reason right now that this team isn't  a laughing stock is because we have a lights out defense. Zach on the other hand is a freaking joke and needs to go away. He is a bust. Time to move on. Enough of this crap that everyone happy he is failing. He sucks. End of story. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, GangGreened said:

What Chris Simms and some on this board fail to realize is that our fan base has absolutely zero bearing on Zach Wilson’s ability to play football. 

Outstanding defense of his play, Chris. 

If you mean talent by ability,  I don't  think anyone doubts he has talent. We are just tired of his brain not catching up to his physical  ability. 

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No it's not.  For most fan bases this would be a sad day.

A day after a massive loss...and the team has began to give up last year's #2 overall pick.

This shouldn't be celebrated by a fan base but a sad day.  But our fans hated Zach Wilson from day 1 - so there is joy. 

Happier to be proven right than to have a good team.

Do you realize this take make you look as crazy as the people you are talking about. Oh, look at me all you horrible fans who delight  in failure. I am above all of you because I am sad you were right this whole time and our QB really does suck. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I disagree.  There are plenty of really good fans here for sure. 

And surely this fan base has been traumatized but it's the most reactionary, self-hating, negative fan bases in all of sports.

Pot meet kettle. I mean seriously,  do you really want to die on this hill. If Zach had won that game, even by 6 to 3, there would be people not happy but a lot would be happy. Considering he played one of the worst games ever played  by an NFL QB and that includes backups and then when asked if he feels he let the team down he just said no with no other explanation,  yeah, people are going to be upset. This is not ok. 

Basically any non-Wilson QB would have won that game vs NE.

If Saleh switches to MW even as late as the 4th Q, the Jets win.  All it took was 1 FG “drive” and 3 pts at the end to run out the clock and ice the game.

The worst that could have happened was the Jets lose, which is what happened with Wilson anyway.

Saleh had to try something, but instead he sat on his hands and did absolutely nothing.  he’s got some delusional attachment to the player that I can’t understand.

When was the last time a QB produced 2 yards of total offense in a half?

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

You didn’t think our 1.2 yards per carry were a problem? 

classic whataboutism.  zach wilson couldn't fck his way out of a wet paper bag.  the dude stinks.  after the offense he "led" gain 2 yards in the second half, it's amazing to think that you're still defending him.

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Pot meet kettle. I mean seriously,  do you really want to die on this hill. If Zach had won that game, even by 6 to 3, there would be people not happy but a lot would be happy. Considering he played one of the worst games ever played  by an NFL QB and that includes backups and then when asked if he feels he let the team down he just said no with no other explanation,  yeah, people are going to be upset. This is not ok. 

Look, I hear ya.  I really do.  You're right and I'm wrong - honestly, I know that right now.  

If you want to deny - there weren't people rooting for him to fail that's fine.  I won't argue with you. 

Surely I'm a bit sensitive today - I have to accept that he's done too - I have to accept I was way off....

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I hear ya.  I really do.  You're right and I'm wrong - honestly, I know that right now.  

If you want to deny - there weren't people rooting for him to fail that's fine.  I won't argue with you. 

Surely I'm a bit sensitive today - I have to accept that he's done too - I have to accept I was way off....

I know how you feel,  I was you when it came to Darnold. Thing is, Zach never played better than Darnold so it was hard for me to get on board. I just don't  think admonishing people for being right about him is a way for anyone to feel better about Zach. This was a massive fail with a big draft pick. I genuinely think Darnold would have won that game yesterday,  jist about any QB would have won except Zach. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

The bad news is Zach is officially a bust. He may be able to improve as a backup and the light switch may go on later in his career. It doesn’t help this team now. 

The GREAT news is that we finally have a really good team with a bright future that can be built upon and this was DESPITE the most important position on the team. How the Jets did so well is beyond my comprehension and you should be ecstatic. Root for the laundry and bigger picture. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Fire up the apology thread.  It's time.  Own it.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

[From 4 days ago, prior to the Jets/Bears game]

Chris Simms at 29:10:

"The Jet fans are always rooting for the guy that's not good, to where they can stay in loserville.  They like loserville."

He has too much stake in it to say otherwise. He's going to die on that hill, because the odds say that Mike White will not continue his unprecedented success and as soon as he has a bad game, Simms can point to it. The only way he is proven wrong, is if White leads them to the playoffs, without completely floundering in his first playoff game. Until then, Simms can just ride the Loserville Jets' line. 

Simms is still dying on this hill.  Ripping the Jets for benching Wilson even after the start White had.  

I agree with everything Chris Simms said. He didn't slam White , quite the opposite.. he praised his performance. He also said White is better than Wilson right now. He just sees in Zach what any person w/ vision would see ... More talent in Wilson.

I also agree that Zach might say adios and try to get traded. Because last night was the easiest win of the year by far this season ... And it has the White Army looking to erect statues.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I would agree with Simms but he is missing one big fact. Wilson has some deep rooted issues with accuracy that cannot be fixed quickly or mid season. I truly believe Wilson needs the space to rework how he plays the game mentally and physically. He needs a year+ of development. I think Wilson should be our backup next year to white/other vet and not play until that starter gets hurt or benched in 2023 or 2024. There is no reason to throw Wilson to the wolves again, he can be our future once he is ready. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1