Chris Simms Merged Threads

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Chris simms is apparently willing to die on a hill defending Zach. Trashes everyone but Zach and takes shots at Jet fans (Queens in general) at 9:30. What a doosh 

All I can say is someone has to defend this position in the media. It will definitely get a lot of clicks but what I don't  understand is reasoning used. Zach was not just fine during the 5 game win streak? Many were saying the Jets were winning in spite of Zach. Simms seems to think throwing for 150 and no TDs for 4 weeks in a row is ok. When you have the kind of receiving talent on the Jets that you do, that is not OK. Could you imagine Miami or Mn. going through that kind of drought with the receivers they have? And this thing that the Jets are listening to the fans on sports radio? Really? Simms says he respects the Jets organization in one breath and then accuses them of doing something  totally absurd  in the next. Like I said at the start, this is all about the clicks. 

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This.... I can see the development of Zach taking another year and a half. But in the end ... Well ... might be ... Jets gonna Jet... We'll have Mike White.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I honestly don't  see all the problems Zach has being corrected in one season. This is mental. Last season he looked like he fixed things at the end of the season and then he came back and it was the same garbage as when he started. 

15 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Why does he have such an issue with the fans? Is he constantly getting flamed for being wrong about ZW and he’s bitter?

The fans didn’t bench him. The NYJ did.

Simms really hitched his wagon to Zach in 2021.  He was at his peak of being considered the Pope of Qb evaluation and he was calling Zach generational

• Upvote 2

This is nothing new.  Chris Simms is a jerk and never admits when he is wrong, which is often.  Instead he doubles down and attacks anything that doesn't agree with him.  Years of this crap, not just about Zach WIlson.  Simms is one of the top 5 NFL morons out there.  Must have got defective gene from his father.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, VJphillyfan said:

Simms really hitched his wagon to Zach in 2021.  He was at his peak of being considered the Pope of Qb evaluation and he was calling Zach generational

and now poor Chris can't deal with the FACT that he was completely wrong.  (again)
But why do so when you can attack Jets fans instead, amirite?  

• Upvote 3

Nobody remembers the ones they are wrong on and when they do, they shrug their shoulders, say everyone was wrong on him then move on. By making bold claims, you get the clicks and then once in a while you get to hang your hat on being right when everyone was wrong. Plus, I am sure he, as many have done in the past several decades, realized it is pretty easy to trigger Jets' fans. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetsRay said:

He's not defending him, he makes a lot of great points.

Here's the thing I really believe. If Mike White isn't the guy we're screwed down the road if we don't develop Zach. This team is built to grow with a young QB that can make all the throws and battle Mahomes. Scouring the veteran QB heap to pair with an elite defense is not a recipe for sustained success. It's tough to succeed in NY as a 22/23 year old. It's in the teams best interest to have Zach develop and be great. If Mike White can be a really good QB then that works too. But if we have to go elsewhere we'll be in trouble. We'll be like the Colts with a good team grabbing one retread QB after another. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Well maybe Zach would have played better against the Bears but maybe not. The idea is to get enough wins to get into the playoffs. Mike White is more consistent and steady against poorer defenses you have a better opportunity for the team to win at Minnesota. We really don't know yet what Mike White is against  good defenses but I do believe he can get the ball out quicker and throw the ball away as needed as well. He needs to play against the better defenses in order to get better as well. If we wind up in the playoffs the defenses will be a lot better. Will he be any worse than Zach? What I really don't understand is Flacco as #2 QB, why not make Zach #2? He got punished for his "no" quote for a week. Make him #2 for this week. I rather see him or even Streveler than Flacco.