Chris Simms Merged Threads

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No it's not.  For most fan bases this would be a sad day.

A day after a massive loss...and the team has began to give up last year's #2 overall pick.

This shouldn't be celebrated by a fan base but a sad day.  But our fans hated Zach Wilson from day 1 - so there is joy. 

Happier to be proven right than to have a good team.

This is just wrong. Fans want the team to win and the Jets are not going to win with Zach Wilson. Most fans realize this. Yesterday's performance was brutal. It was almost impossible to be that bad. We want accountability. The reason most fans are happy is because maybe, just maybe, they won't wait another year or 2 to realize that Wilson sucks like they did before cutting bait with Darnold. We haven't had a good QB in forever and this team has the longest playoff drought in the NFL and the fans are still here. We want to win and we want competent players, coaches, and management. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Look if you think Wilson sucks it's not going to wish it into reality. I didn't think he was going to be good and nothing I have seen this far has made me think otherwise. So people are happy if we can move on from the guy instead of somehow limping him along and have him be the anchor of an otherwise excellent roster in the future. Again people act like @Paradis has a voodoo doll at home that he is using to make Wilson play like garbage. 

If only... no j/k, i don't want to go back to playing musical chairs at QB, but it appears inevitable at this point. 

The fact is, we wouldn't be here if ZW had provided enough sizzle over 20 games to repel this conversation. Say what you want about the politics of a #2 overall QB pick, but the team is hungry and ready to ball. 

ZW didn't do enough to sell the team on "stay the course". Plain and simple. Rob's gotta manage the roster evolution, not just Zach's.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Look if you think Wilson sucks it's not going to wish it into reality. I didn't think he was going to be good and nothing I have seen this far has made me think otherwise. So people are happy if we can move on from the guy instead of somehow limping him along and have him be the anchor of an otherwise excellent roster in the future. Again people act like @Paradis has a voodoo doll at home that he is using to make Wilson play like garbage. 

I don't know. I saw fan at MetLife do this once. Was it @Paradis ? Was it the final touches of some magic spell? Could he have a voodoo doll at home?

Maybe. I can't say with 100% certainty that he doesn't.

Blinking Major League Baseball GIF by San Francisco Giants

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No it's not.  For most fan bases this would be a sad day.

A day after a massive loss...and the team has began to give up last year's #2 overall pick.

This shouldn't be celebrated by a fan base but a sad day.  But our fans hated Zach Wilson from day 1 - so there is joy. 

Happier to be proven right than to have a good team.

Way off man. We saw over a decade ago the frustration of having a world class D, great pieces on O, and by FAR the biggest weakness was the young qb who was drafted way too high. We are right back there, exactly. Becton was a very high pick and likely done, but you are not crying about that ? There are many more. But thankfully Douglas has hit on a lot, and some extra pics we’ve received.

Next yr we need a vet, who can come right in who doesn’t need his hand held to cross the street.. I think Wilson could be a number two next yr. But if he doesn’t show improvement he is the number 3. Maybe in yr 4 he gets another chance to start after learning for yr and half without killing the jets on Sundays. But that’s a pipe dream with what we all see now. But I like comeback stories

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Coquito said:

I'm pretty sure that Bozo compared Zach to Dan Marino. 

When he plants, steps and throws it actually does look like Marino threw the pass.  His release is lightning quick just like Marino also…..this is a big reason WHY he was the 2nd pick in the Nation.

Problem is is that he only plants, steps, and throws around 5% of the time.

Why no Jet coach has not physically shook him and said “the next time you throw off that f**kin back foot or your footwork is all f**ked up (which it is 95% of the time) I’m walking out on the field and we’re both walking back to the bench together”…….I don’t know.

• Upvote 2

You have booger McFarland saying Wilson can’t take accountability because he grew up rich and orlovsky saying wilson he doesn’t know the playbook because of one play (which Kurt Warner disagreed with)… Then you have half this forum personally attacking Wilson, and Simms for daring to defend him,  instead of just criticizing his play. I think simms has a point. 

• Upvote 1

Brutal analysis from Football Outsiders:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2022/eagles-avoid-crisis-cowboys-issue-statement 

Zach Wilson is a blindfolded preschooler throwing lawn darts. The Jets would be better off lining Michael Carter up in the shotgun and running the Wildcat on every play than keeping Wilson in the huddle. The Jets defense played an outstanding game, but Mike LaFleur is running out of "Hide the Doofus" tactics.

The Jets should be working hard for a wild-card berth. They'll never get one with Wilson at the helm. They probably finally figured that out on Sunday.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Folks, the frustration that all feel is focused on Zach, for good or bad. He is the QB, the leader and Captain.
He has not been much of a leader lately and seems to be fading quick.

Being a diehard Jet Fan for 50 some odd years, I kinda want some results, don't ya think? I did not want this guy to be our 2nd pick, and was skeptical, but gave him a shot. However, I am not sold obviously. He is developing, albeit slowly, the CS are bringing him along, but the overall team pedigree is now way outpacing Zach and he is now a hindrance.

Yes, I have been a "negative" contributor because of being conditioned for the weekly beat downs of SOJ, and I apologize...but this team is different with the amazing spit and glue pasting job of an injury riddled OLine, and the whirlsing dervish bowling balls with knives on the DL, that they are exciting nevertheless.

The only glaring weak spot is our QB play, missing open receivers 5 yards away, not seeing or pulling the trigger on open receivers, and an overall "failure to launch". The CS will and is losing the lockerroom, at least the WR room, with Zach's poor play. MiLF is definitely a contributor here not calling quick slants etc.

At least we are still in the thick of things at Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving to all. We do have a lot to be thankful for.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

You have booger McFarland saying Wilson can’t take accountability because he grew up rich and orlovsky saying wilson he doesn’t know the playbook because of one play (which Kurt Warner disagreed with)… Then you have half this forum personally attacking Wilson, and Simms for daring to defend him,  instead of just criticizing his play. I think simms has a point. 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

tvwb52ak4e1a1.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Grandma Bb What GIF by Originals

• Haha 3