Chris Simms Merged Threads

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I would agree with Simms but he is missing one big fact. Wilson has some deep rooted issues with accuracy that cannot be fixed quickly or mid season. I truly believe Wilson needs the space to rework how he plays the game mentally and physically. He needs a year+ of development. I think Wilson should be our backup next year to white/other vet and not play until that starter gets hurt or benched in 2023 or 2024. There is no reason to throw Wilson to the wolves again, he can be our future once he is ready. 

Wilson will never be the future here. The quicker you realize the easier it is. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I agree with everything Chris Simms said. He didn't slam White , quite the opposite.. he just sees in Zach what any person w/ vision would see ... More talent.

Talent is overrated (good book, btw)

Zach oozes talent but he doesn’t know how to play the position at an NFL level. I still think he has a chance to get there, but Mike White does know how to play the position and this is, amazingly, a win now team. Zach’s development isn’t the priority, winning is. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Unfortunately that “talent” hasn’t translated on the field for ZW. Simms references ZW potential, but after year 2 he is clearly not living up to it. ZW has not been improving. He has not been good by any metric.

This is Mike whites team now

How does anyone make the case that Zach Wilson should see the field again this year at all? Unless there’s a plane crash or a series of bizarre injuries, what’s the motivation to even entertain playing Zach? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Talent is overrated (good book, btw)
Zach oozes talent but he doesn’t know how to play the position at an NFL level. I still think he has a chance to get there, but Mike White does know how to play the position and this is, amazingly, a win now team. Zach’s development isn’t the priority, winning is. 
Btw .. I liked your post .. please let me know if it is showing as sympathy

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How does anyone make the case that Zach Wilson should see the field again this year at all? Unless there’s a plane crash or a series of bizarre injuries, what’s the motivation to even entertain playing Zach? 

Because JetBlue wants their boy to shine 

• Upvote 1

I would agree with Simms but he is missing one big fact. Wilson has some deep rooted issues with accuracy that cannot be fixed quickly or mid season. I truly believe Wilson needs the space to rework how he plays the game mentally and physically. He needs a year+ of development. I think Wilson should be our backup next year to white/other vet and not play until that starter gets hurt or benched in 2023 or 2024. There is no reason to throw Wilson to the wolves again, he can be our future once he is ready. 
Great post .. made me rethink

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m with ya. His draft spot is the only reason. But that really shouldn’t factor into the equation

30 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Unfortunately that “talent” hasn’t translated on the field for ZW. Simms references ZW potential, but after year 2 he is clearly not living up to it. ZW has not been improving. He has not been good by any metric.

This is Mike whites team now

Which could end up being good for Wilson. It was obvious early that Wilson wasn’t ready. This timeout I think will work out for him in the long run, whether it’s with the Jets or elsewhere. Having Jamarr Chase here with White would have been nice though.

• Upvote 1

Simms’ opinion of Zach isn’t looking good right now. But, down the road…

Simms doesn’t seem to have any clue of what’s going on internally or behind the scenes in which made Saleh and Co. bench him.

Not sure if anyone was listening to the ESPN  NY radio show yesterday morning around 10am. Tannebaum reiterated quite a few times about Zach’s preparedness or lack there of. Now that he’s running the practice squad, Tanny kept saying that Zach has to take this negative situation as a positive opportunity to impress the CS with his practice squad preparedness. That should be the only way he sees the field ever again as a Jet

Maybe he thinks that he prepares adequately but he obviously hasn’t. We’ll see next year but for now, It’s now MW’s job to lose.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Simms’ opinion of Zach isn’t looking good right now. But, down the road…

Simms doesn’t seem to have any clue of what’s going on internally or behind the scenes in which made Saleh and Co. bench him.

Not sure if anyone was listening to the ESPN  NY radio show yesterday morning around 10am. Tannebaum reiterated quite a few times about Zach’s preparedness or lack there of. Now that he’s running the practice squad, Tanny kept saying that Zach has to take this negative situation as a positive opportunity to impress the CS with his practice squad preparedness. That should be the only way he sees the field ever again as a Jet

Maybe he thinks that he prepares adequately but he obviously hasn’t. We’ll see next year but for now, It’s now MW’s job to lose.

Wilson sucks right now but Tannebaum doesn't know sh*t. How would he know anything about how Wilson prepares for games. 

52 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I think it's pretty clear Wilson should not have started as a rookie. He was handed the job and clearly wasnt ready. A mistake we keep making over and over with young QBs. Wilson should have sat for 2-3 years so he could mature and learn the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I agree with everything Chris Simms said. He didn't slam White , quite the opposite.. he praised his performance. He also said White is better than Wilson right now. He just sees in Zach what any person w/ vision would see ... More talent in Wilson.

I also agree that Zach might say adios and try to get traded. Because last night was the easiest win of the year by far this season ... And it has the White Army looking to erect statues.

Nobody sees talent, they see traits. Traits alone don't win football games. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Chris simms is apparently willing to die on a hill defending Zach. Trashes everyone but Zach and takes shots at Jet fans (Queens in general) at 9:30. What a doosh 

He ripped Garrett Wilson too and this isn't the first time he brung up how long Garrett has been in the league.

DONT BE ENVIOUS BECAUSE GARRETT IS A YEAR 1 STUD AND ZACH WILSON LOOKING LIKE A YEAR 2 BUST ????

• Upvote 1

Chris Simms playing the long game! 7-9 years from now he might be the one laughing. 

This.... I can see the development of Zach taking another year and a half. But in the end ... Well ... might be ... Jets gonna Jet... We'll have Mike White.

• Upvote 2