Chris Simms Merged Threads

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There’s some room to gain middle ground here. Wilson was lost yesterday. Not competitive. Looked soft and confused. The running game also sucked yesterday. The line sucked. Carter isn’t very good as a lead back. Robinson looks like he’s hurt. The Pats are well coached and one of the most disciplined defenses in the league. Lafleurs misdirection stuff doesn’t work against them. 

I honestly think Saleh was expecting Zach to wake up from his coma in the 4th qtr, given it's probably been where he's shown his best work.  Otherwise it made no sense to not switch to White at some point in the 2nd half.  We're not talking about benching someone who's got a proven track record.  Saleh just bet on Zach and lost.  Now it's receipts time I guess...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

I honestly think Saleh was expecting Zach to wake up from his coma in the 4th qtr, given it's probably been where he's shown his best work.  Otherwise it made no sense to not switch to White at some point in the 2nd half.  We're not talking about benching someone who's got a proven track record.  Saleh just bet on Zach and lost.  Now it's receipts time I guess...

I was holding out hope but admittedly I turned on the Giants Lions game. Jared Goff was impressive.

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

They’re still 6-4 with a defense playing very well (tackling is still an issue). But the pass rush is suddenly a thing for the Jets now. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Chris Simms is going to die on this hill.  He doesn’t want to admit the guy he called the best QB in the draft class is a bust.  

Just throwing out some facts here.

Chris Simms was actually on what I would say was just an incredible run of accurately calling Booms and Busts amongst QBs drafted in I think around a 5 year time frame.  It actually defies all laws of Probability.

Figures that the One Call that he appears to have missed, by a Country Mile, is of course Wilson.  He nailed Darnold as a bust.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I love that Simms says that if you show him evidence of plays where a receiver was open that ZW missed, he'll listen.  Someone needs to send him that tweet of embarrassing passes ZW made yesterday.

It’s weird because there are analysts tweeting these exact plays for him to see?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I disagree.  There are plenty of really good fans here for sure. 

And surely this fan base has been traumatized but it's the most reactionary, self-hating, negative fan bases in all of sports.

Why are you mad at people who correctly analyzed the play of the QB?  Are we supposed to still pretend Wilson is playing well to protect your feelings?  There's like some Zach WIlson derangement syndrome going on here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

There are plenty of other toxic fan bases who actually WIN.

Outside of Jets fans, the two biggest fan bases I encounter in daily life are Giants fans and Cowboys fans, two teams with a plethora of SB trophies and appearances, yet they sound EXACTLY like we do most of the time.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Two separate things.

Moving on from Zach - shouldn't be bringing joy to the fan base.  A fan base that likes their players would be sad that the kid has fallen apart and getting benched.  Even if it's the right choice.

But this fan base is so invested in Zach failing that it's like the culmination of their 2 year dream come true.

Simply look at the mess this kid has made every step of the way. 

Not "invested in Zach failing", simply we see it very clearly. And many of us saw on Draft Day Wilson was a reach. Douglas has done mostly a good job spare this and Becton, and Saleh has done great work this year.

This kid is terrible and he's holding the franchise back. 2 seasons in, there's not a single thing you can point to that says Wilson is ever gonna be an NFL QB. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Simply look at the mess this kid has made every step of the way. 

Not "invested in Zach failing", simply we see it very clearly. And many of us saw on Draft Day Wilson was a reach. Douglas has done mostly a good job spare this and Becton, and Saleh has done great work this year.

This kid is terrible and he's holding the franchise back. 2 seasons in, there's not a single thing you can point to that says Wilson is ever gonna be an NFL QB. 

The real question is do they get sucked into the sunk cost fallacy or do they make a change? Because this whole thing is set up to give Zach 40 starts 

And frankly Zach's attitude reflects that. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

People are happy because we are 6-4 and might still have a shot if we can get better QB play. Zach Wilson has given you nothing tangible or substantial with his play so you continuously resort to attacking the fan base. 

200.gif

I'd have been very happy to be wrong about Zach as would ever other doomer. It's all about the results 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, extmenace said:

There are very few games where you can honestly say one player lost the game. The game yesterday was one of those instances.

... and most players have a couple of those games. Yet we want to line the road to ONE JETS DRIVE with their bodies on crosses.