14 seconds on Zach Wilson; where do you stand?

Maxman

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Great???  I'd take average.  He is a hot mess right now. 

At this point I would be happy with one good sustained drive from him. 
Just can’t get over how brutally abysmal Zach was this past week and the lack of accountability is truly mind boggling. I am hoping that Berrios takes him aside and puts a foot in his ass. Maybe coming from his friend it will turn the light on 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Nick Blitz said:

After 20 games I see no improvement from Zach’s game. Even if he had elevated his game to average that would be acceptable but he hasn’t and is playing at such a poor level he is costing the team wins. His lack of accountability is just icing on the cake for me. 

This 100%. Especially the last sentence. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

180 -220 yards and 2 TD's average and this team can beat anyone.  NOT THIS!

315899606_6116116201772459_5737352060398864124_n.jpg

I am not as upset at Zachs poor play rather the fact that he doesn’t think he didn’t deserve any criticism about his abysmal play which is a reflection on his personality which appears to be a me First narcissistic one That’s not how a you get respect in the locker room which is why he is a goner. 

I said ld give him the year ... So I am giving him the year ... That said if the coaches keep the handcuffs on ... I hope the Jets release him so he can sign with Pats or Packers and develop into the Stud he should be given average coaching. I agree with another poster that he just doesn't seem ready to play yet. He needs coaching and time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I said ld give him the year ... So I am giving him the year ... That said if the coaches keep the handcuffs on ... I hope the Jets release him so he can sign with Pats or Packers and develop into the Stud he should be given average coaching. I agree with another poster that he just doesn't seem ready to play yet. He needs coaching and time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

JD is not doing that with Becton or Wilson.  Too big of a cap but to trade or cut.  We just hold them for potential unlikely upside. 

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

As long as he's playing I support the laundry and hope he improves and the team wins.  

If he's benched and not playing couldn't care less.

Exactly.  It's okay to believe he will be sh!t, but if he's in a game,  you have to hope he's not for the sake of the team. 

I do realize he's just proven himself to be pompous punk @ss with little regard for anyone outside of himself, but the team is still more important than any one individual.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Oh, it’s all the OCo’s fault.

And you want him to go to the Pats eh?

And be a star there?

Combine this take with your take yesterday that no Zach means you won’t even watch the Jets, and one has to wonder if you’re just here for Zach and Zach alone…

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He’s got the skillset to be more than just a good QB, but with each passing day it appears more and more that he either doesn’t have the head for it or, possibly, is too concerned about his personal safety that he is unable to see the field unless the pocket is 100% clean.

I keep wondering what this skill set you all see is. He has a very strong arm, and descent elusiveness at times in the pocket.

What other skills are you seeing on display that I’m not?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He’s got the skillset to be more than just a good QB, but with each passing day it appears more and more that he either doesn’t have the head for it or, possibly, is too concerned about his personal safety that he is unable to see the field unless the pocket is 100% clean.

This is what I’m seeing as well. 

Most talented QB we have have had on the roster since Farve but he now is playing mentally timid and no one can know if he can break out of it or not..

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I keep wondering what this skill set you all see is. He has a very strong arm, and descent elusiveness at times in the pocket.

That is it a very strong arm and he can make off platform throws well.
But as you query implies that obviously is not all there is to being a QB on an NFL team. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When his feet are right, he’s accurate, and he’s release might be the quickest in the nfl

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I still think Zach will be ok. Remove the Pats games cause for whatever reason those are always an abomination… he can manage an offense. He’s 5-2 on the season. I look forward to him having a big game against Chicago to get his confidence back

He managed the Bills game to success…but Bellechik is in his head… he’s needs to mature and take responsibility, hopefully he became self aware after this experience…

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LSJF said:

He managed the Bills game to success…but Bellechik is in his head… he’s needs to mature and take responsibility, hopefully he became self aware after this experience…

Exactly I hope we can look back at this week as the turning point for him in his career. Otherwise if he doesn’t figure it out he’s probably done after this season 

• Upvote 1

The biggest issue is it appears that the majority of the players do not like Zach Wilson.  It is one thing when it was only Elijah Moore and you can bench him.  We have now seen issues from Garret Wilson, Mims, JFM and Sauce.  I’m sure there are more.  You cannot bench the entire team for one player and you cannot let one player destroy the team.  

The OL hasn’t done Zach any favors but as a QB he needs to take the blame when he stinks up the joint.  I’ve been a fan for over 30 years and that might be the worst QB play I have ever seen.  

• Upvote 1

He is worse than the first game in his rookie year.  I’d call it moving backwards as teams play more and more to his weaknesses.

I was a big fan of Zach when he came out based on the information at hand.  But things have changed and I do worry he doesn’t have the mental makeup to be the guy.

Yips?  It’s quite possible.  I’ve never seen anywhere close to a more inaccurate QB.  This was not evident in his BYU tape.  It’s a new thing ..

Yips 2.0?  It’s not just inaccuracy, it’s that he is mentally frozen at the time he should be releasing the ball to players breaking open.  A level of indecisiveness that makes you wonder if he trusts what he sees.

Leadership?  The lack of accountability is outright concerning.

Soooo, my opinion has changed.  The problem with opinions is that many don’t or won’t admit when they are wrong, despite the mounting evidence.  I see that here a LOT ;).

JD is NOT that guy.  His job is to make the right decision at the right time, which involves admitting when something isn’t working out and evaluating how to fix it.  You’ve seen him do it before.

The time is now to move on for 2022.  Playing Zach more or hiding him isn’t going to solve anything or help determine if he is the guy.

In my opinion, Zach might need to see a sports psychologist to help him out.  Maybe Ted Lasso..  

I’ve been using the term Yips since last year.  Regardless of his mechanics, there are some throws I could make at the age of 48.  And to be looking in the direction of Mims streaking open on a post and freezing up is something to be looked at as well.

If it is mechanics, continuing to trot him out there is not going to help him.

My hope is that these are fixable and Zach comes back next year ready to compete.

But to sit back and say we should continue to throw him out there given the likely root causes of his issues or because he was your guy is not what smart football people do.

Mike White has to be announced the starter for the Bears.  JD and Saleh know this.

• Upvote 3

This doesn't get better, it always gets worse. We are not quite at critical mass, and miracles can occur, but if they don't bench him this week, he's done. Oh, I know, the Jets might still win a few more games this season if he continues to be the starter. But every week, another video of more of his fundamental flaws becomes a feature presentation for all of our future opponents.

• Upvote 2