Zach starting Sunday (merged)

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes, I'm sure there are always fringe exceptions.  But as a professional getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars at minimum in a profession with a proven very small career span - do you seriously think a player would jeopardize his career because he doesn't like a teammate. Its just an absurd take even if it may have happened before.   

I think people do petty sh*t all the time even when against their interest, absolutely.

7 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I root for the laundry and firmly believe that White gives us the best chance to get the playoffs.  The coaching staff has to believe that as well, they are not seeing anything different than the rest of us.  The idea that Woody would dictate that Wilson plays over a healthy White (which he is not),  potentially sabotaging a play-off run against the wishes of the coaching staff is bat sh*t crazy.  If something like that was true, I would cancel my 38 year season ticket subscription tomorrow.   

I’m in favor of an autopsy on White to put these conspiracy theories to rest.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

This coaching staff has no clue how to protect a QB when they put a 5'8" 190 LB scatback who is supposed to block a monster like Matt Milano and completely whiffs or puts a guy on the line who almost gets the QB killed and has to yank him the next play where are the quick slants that used to be the staple of the WCO the way the 49ers ran it. This guy's always sending all 3 receivers 15-20 downfield on the same play

I'm sure Lafleur has his share of blame in this but is it even fathomable that maybe the stupendous MW didn't make the proper adjustments to negate the blitz. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bob Saleh says, consistently, the plan is to get Zach Wilson back in the lineup.

Mike White got hit hard in the Bills game

Mike White got X-rayed. Cleared.

Mike White played lights out in the second half after the X-ray. 

Mike White went to the hospital and got further tests. Cleared.

Zach Wilson bumped up to #2

Mike White practices and says he’s ready to go.

Bob Saleh says they want to get Zach back in the lineup. 

Thursday: Oh yeah, Mike White is, uh, hurt. 

It doesn’t have to be a conspiracy to downgrade a player based on injury going into Week 15. We can just take the coach at his word. 

It’s all just so convenient, isn’t it?

11 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

The idea that Woody would dictate that Wilson plays over a healthy White (which he is not),  potentially sabotaging a play-off run against the wishes of the coaching staff is bat sh*t crazy.  If something like that was true, I would cancel my 38 year season ticket subscription tomorrow.   

People think of any and everything to further their agendas ?

• Upvote 3

Why is any one surprised by this?   Did you see the beating MW took on Sunday?  I am surprised he didn't have cracked ribs.   It was clear to me that MW might not play this week.  The only question was who might be the starting QB.  Once they elevated Zach to number 2, I knew this was a possibility.  

• Post of the Week 1

I'm sure Lafleur has his share of blame in this but is it even fathomable that maybe the stupendous MW didn't make the proper adjustments to negate the blitz. 

QB’s call coverages, however, mistakes happen in football and all sports, it’s part of the game. This is why the team which generally makes less mistakes, wins the game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So how loud will the boos be in Metlife after the first Zach bail out the pocket  run around 3 times and throw it barely out of bounds 

It’s gonna get ugly fast esp if we start the game with a 3 and out 

Lil Mikey better scrap whatever he’s thinking on these opening drives and do the complete opposite because to date he’s been clueless and we can’t afford any slow starts 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Your giving up on the season at 7-6, with 4 winnable games? Also, White sunk us further down the not making the playoffs by going 1-2, it’s not like he went 3-0.

You’re the same guy that argued everyone should be accountable, right?

Our team is over-rated. We lost the last 2 weeks. Not because of MW, but because we’re not as good as some here seem to think.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The Jets played a bunch of backup QB’s this season and won, I believe all of them.

1. They didn’t all swap mid-game.

2. Look back beyond the last 2 months at our track record vs. backups that come in mid game.

3. Do better.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s all just so convenient, isn’t it?

It took a three hour meeting to gain clearance to bench Zach Wilson but, nooooo, there’s no collusive effort to get Zach back on the field. They were probably bingeing Dawson’s Creek in that three-hour meetingZ 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Jets OL coach John Benton expects Lions to go to school on their pass-pro issues vs BUF. Benton: "Once you show a weakness, they're going to bleed you out until you fix it." Main issue was handling unscouted pressures on play-action passes.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It took a three hour meeting to gain clearance to bench Zach Wilson but, nooooo, there’s no collusive effort to get Zach back on the field. They were probably bingeing Dawson’s Creek in that three-hour meetingZ 

Kenny Powers Finger Guns GIF by MOODMAN

FTR, Mike White has had the Jets do this to him twice the past 2 seasons. It’s not subtle.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Holy sh*t this thread. The injury is real, the only question was why did he go Back in the game and they answered that. I don’t think Saleh has been honest about Zach, but there are too many witnesses to the rib injury documents for that to be fake. 

every one needs to take a breath. 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Holy sh*t this thread. The injury is real, the only question was why did he go Back in the game and they answered that. I don’t think Saleh has been honest about Zach, but there are too many witnesses to the rib injury documents for that to be fake. 

I mean, if only you’d have taken a breath at any point over the past 3 weeks…

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

You called it a stupid take to insinuate the team might try less than fully. Your position is that professionals paid millions wouldn’t do that. There are dozens upon dozens of examples. Fortunately for me it only takes one to demolish your position into smoking ash. So I chose the one with the funniest gif.

So the rest of the team doesn’t care about playoffs?  

1 minute ago, Larz said:

eXcUsE yOu!

JetBlue has over 20,000 employees at their disposal! They are more than capable of faking a rib injury, I assure you!

This is an INTERNATIONAL corporation. 

oPeN yOuR eYeS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. They didn’t all swap mid-game.
2. Look back beyond the last 2 months at our track record vs. backups that come in mid game.
3. Do better.

How far back? There’s no need to look outside of this season. Last season(s) and this have nothing to do with one another. Your grasping at straws to make a point, I think our defense would welcome a mid game back up QB the next 4 games.

Lions: Nate Sudfeld
Jags: beatard
Seahawks: Drew lock
Fins: bridgewater

Come on now, please do better.

9 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Conspiracy theorists need to conspire, I guess.

This is the “conspiracy theory” being presented here: the Jets have a lot invested in Zach Wilson and they want to see him succeed. Mike White has a rib injury that makes him questionable to play. The Jets are using this opportunity to re-insert Zach Wilson back into the lineup despite *literally no one whose name doesn’t appear on Zach Wilson’s paycheck* wanting him to play. It’s not some wild-eyed conspiracy to assert that the Jets organization is putting their finger on the scale here. It’s absurd to suggest otherwise. Of course you’d want to milk some ROI out of your #2 overall draft pick to whom you paid out $30 million dollars. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1