Zach starting Sunday (merged)

41 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

Why though? I can’t imagine Saleh is that tied up in Wilson that he’d rather take the chance and risk missing the playoffs if Wilson implodes. 

I also tend to think Saleh is the type of guy who would play the best player at the position, especially when when that guy just went out there and risked his well-being for a chance at a win. Maybe I’m being naive, but I think there is a legit change that White is at risk for permanent damage if he plays on Sunday, which is why they are holding him back

Your first mistake is thinkiig it was up to Saleh.

• Upvote 1

I’m not gonna speak for anyone else, but as someone who isn’t thrilled with ZW’s return my reasoning is very simple: he didn’t earn it. 
I didn’t want him to regain starter status unless he legitimately earned it. He was just handed the job again. Same as before. It just feels like a silver spoon situation and rubs people the wrong way.
Thats where my dismay in this situation is emanating from. 

With all due respect, who else is starting the game? Flacco sucks and had no interested in playing and strevelers not an option, unless Saleh wants to get fired. He was promoted to QB2, once QB1 goes down, next man up is QB2, very simple. On top of it all, who cares why he’s starting, we’re Jets Fans, it’s our best interest that he plays well and we win, that’s all that matters- Wins and Losses.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

With all due respect, who else is starting the game? Flacco sucks and had no interested in playing and strevelers not an option, unless Saleh wants to get fired. He was promoted to QB2, once QB1 goes down, next man up is QB2, very simple. On top of it all, who cares why he’s starting, we’re Jets Fans, it’s our best interest that he plays well and we win, that’s all that matters- Wins and Losses.

I get the circumstances. I just don’t think it’s right. The guy was a bad teammate and awful football player. Just my opinion. I think it stinks. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The scales have always been tilted against Mike White. He was always working uphill. This is why Berrios’ drop against Minnesota was cataclysmic, because it left enough oxygen in the room for Wilson to weasel his way back in. And, behold, he has weaseled. 

shame especially after all that work you put into his own thread...

40 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So the Jets doctors cleared him on Sunday to go back in the game but not Monday. Okay.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Question: Why was White cleared to return to BUF game, but not cleared this wk? Routine X-ray (in-game) doesn't always reveal fractures. The post-game CT scan, and/or subsequent testing, revealed injury, per source. Likely an occult (hidden) fracture, per independent doc

Spoke to a doctor (not affiliated with Jets) who says placement of fracture will determine how long he's out. If there's concern that another hit could cause internal damage, it's a 3-5 week injury, per doctor.

This is what happened, per White, who apparently has multiple fractures. Asked if he has a fracture, he told reporters, "Yeah, just a couple in a row that makes that area really vulnerable."
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Mike White played great and we went 1-2. He’s not a starter that you can win it all with.  He’s a GREAT number 2 that can save the season long enough for the real guy to get back from injury.

Is Wilson that guy?  I’m 95% sure the answer is no, but we have nothing to lose by finding out now instead of waiting until next year. 

I'm sorry, what is the record of those two team that he took to the last minute? Yeah, it was all on him.  

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

White couldn’t win on the road.  Guess where all the playoff games will be played?  Who says we even make them with White?  He has a losing record.
I can wait one more year for the real guy to show up. 

Lol, yeah. Because it was White's fault the Jets lost both games on the road.

**** next year. The Jets can make the playoffs THIS year. 

• Upvote 2

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
Question: Why was White cleared to return to BUF game, but not cleared this wk? Routine X-ray (in-game) doesn't always reveal fractures. The post-game CT scan, and/or subsequent testing, revealed injury, per source. Likely an occult (hidden) fracture, per independent doc
Spoke to a doctor (not affiliated with Jets) who says placement of fracture will determine how long he's out. If there's concern that another hit could cause internal damage, it's a 3-5 week injury, per doctor.

Makes sense.

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

what's the point of an x-ray that doesn't reveal fractures? TF?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Its funny how many want zach to fail and or are writing this gMe off…

its in our best interest that zach does well

We all get that, but which Zach is gonna show up? Zach who played the Bills or Zach who played the Pats? Even if the "good" Zach shows up, the stats he put up against the Bills won't be enough to beat the Lions. 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Why not IR him today then and elevate Strev, ahead of Flunko?. Not sure if he is IR'ed, can he come back if JETs made the ....not going to say it (those games after the regular season)! 

I get the circumstances. I just don’t think it’s right. The guy was a bad teammate and awful football player. Just my opinion. I think it stinks. 

The narrative that he’s a bad teammate is merit less, his play was below par and regressed the past few games. Look at it from Salehs perspective, are you starting Flacco or Streveler? That’s a big NO, maybe we catch lightning in a bottle and can piece together a few wins and make the playoffs. We will see on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Coquito said:

We all get that, but which Zach is gonna show up? Zach who played the Bills or Zach who played the Pats? Even if the "good" Zach shows up, the stats he put up against the Bills won't be enough to beat the Lions. 

Which White would have showed up the one against the Bills last year or this year .

13 minutes ago, DireJet said:

I’m not gonna speak for anyone else, but as someone who isn’t thrilled with ZW’s return my reasoning is very simple: he didn’t earn it. 

I didn’t want him to regain starter status unless he legitimately earned it. He was just handed the job again. Same as before. It just feels like a silver spoon situation and rubs people the wrong way.

Thats where my dismay in this situation is emanating from. 

While I agree, getting benched solely from your play/performance is definitely humbling.

A resilient person usually comes back truly focused. We will see what ZW is made of by the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

what's the point of an x-ray that doesn't reveal fractures? TF?

Broke my ribs in a fall 1 year and 4 days ago. X-Ray on the day was negative. After 4 months of excruciating pain and not being able to sleep in a bed, doctor agreed to new X-rays just to show that there were no breaks and just feeling the bruising. New X-rays came back with 3 "COMPLETE FRACTURES WITHOUT DISLOCATION" X-ray guy actually wrote "WOW" right on the X-ray. Even completely splitting my ribs in half was not captured by the first x-rays. So yeah can definitely happen. Still not healed by the way

Like I said, we have seen the last of Mike White in a Jets uniform. He will either be traded or lost in a free agency bidding war in March if the Jets choose to really screw this up. We're gonna be stuck watching this punk ass PoFS for the next few years and talking about who we're gonna be drafting by Halloween again every year-really sad state of affairs.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

Like I said, we have seen the last of Mike White in a Jets uniform. He will either be traded or lost in a free agency bidding war in March if the Jets choose to really screw this up. We're gonna be stuck watching this punk ass PoFS for the next few years and talking about who we're gonna be drafting by Halloween again every year-really sad state of affairs.

How can they trade him when he's an UFA?  Franchise him and then trade him?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ECURB said:

What more could Zach ask for?

Come back win 4 games, make the playoffs… go on a run and win it all…

Not likely but damn did the kid get a great opportunity in his lap here

good point and its not like they were winning while he was gone so if he does that it would be all him....

tall order tho no doubt and odds of success....oh man not good....but I will be rooting for him and my Jets..

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

HIPAA, lol

I understand HIPPA are you joking with me here because I'm not sure that applies to NFL injuries since the plaster them all over injury reports.

Bottom line they said during the game which they let MW re - enter he was ok to play , then he went to hospital and they said he was ok , then that changed to limited in practice making you think maybe he was dealing with some soreness to sorry now the Doc's wont clear him for contact in a game ? Then they allowed him to go and try to get second opinions in a situation where no Doctor will clear a player . None of this sh*t makes any sense based on the info we got early in the week .

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Look real close at that picture.

First thing, his cross is spun all the way backwards to the clasp of his necklace and the cross is over the left side of his chest instead of in the middle, similar to when you place your hand on your heart as if you were swearing over something.

Then....look at the letters on his shirt.  D.R.L.

What does that all mean?

Well, clearly Mike White is trying to send us a message.

While he's saying that he wasn't cleared by doctors, what these symbols actually tell us is:

He swears that this story is all backwards and that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are Lying.

Also - look even closer - who is the blonde in the background.  Two words:

Would

Bang

Lmfaooo, ok this made my day better.

• Upvote 1