Does 9-8 Get it done?

hawk

I'll start by saying it's a long shot.

I do not see Jacksonville losing, therefore it's the Chargers, Miami and New England imploding.

New England may lose out with their schedule. 

If Miami loses to Green Bay,  Beats New England we play them for a shot to get in.

Chargers, I don't see them losing out either, but how many loses do we need to pass them?  2 or 3?

Bottom line, Jets blew it!

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

I do not see Jacksonville losing, therefore it's the Chargers, Miami and New England imploding.

If Miami loses to Green Bay,  Beats New England we play them for a shot to get in.

Chargers, I don't see them losing out either, but how many loses do we need to pass them?  2 or 3?

we lose the tiebreaker with the chargers too. so they would have to lose all 3 games. 

the only chance is a Jax loss, Miami lose to GB. or NE can beat Miami but then they have to lose the other 2. 

yeah its a long shot

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This team looks like a mess now. The offensive line can't block. The defense is dying a slow death. I feel bad for them. It's over though.

The D is on the field too much. Some of that is on them, of course, but they barely get a breather in between possessions. But yeah, at this point it looked like half the D didn’t show up to play today. Quincy’s motor is always running; so is Clemons; Whitehead laid some lumber tonight; Quinnen had that early sack-FF but had a quiet game after that. The rest of the D looked like they were sleeping half the game, and it might’ve been uglier if not for the weather.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, hawk said:

GTFOH with this, please?

In a hypothetical fantasy, where Mike White returns and we win final 2 games:

I dont think we would have to worry about Jacksonville. I think they will win out and win their division, including beating Tennessee in the final week. Either way, one of those teams has to lose that game. The other wins the division. Preferably Jacksonville wins, because Tennessee has to play Dallas. 

New England can and probably will, lose 2 of 3 or all 3 of their final games. I think they are done. Chargers win 2 of 3, at least. They are in., Ravens are likely in. So I think our way in, is with Miami either losing to Green Bay or New England or both, and then obviously losing to us in week 18.

So:

Chargers and Ravens top 2 wild cards

Jets win final 2  -  we are 9-8

Miami loses to 2 of 3 including to us -   They are 9-8 (we win tie-breaker)

New England loses 2 of 3 - They are 8-9

We own tie breakers with other potential 9-8 teams including Cleveland and Pittsburgh, if they happen to win out.

The fact we can still say we have a shot, at this point, is a miracle in itself. MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HANUKAH/ETC to everyone here.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

On 12/23/2022 at 4:30 AM, JETS SB said:

In a hypothetical fantasy, where Mike White returns and we win final 2 games:

I dont think we would have to worry about Jacksonville. I think they will win out and win their division, including beating Tennessee in the final week. Either way, one of those teams has to lose that game. The other wins the division. Preferably Jacksonville wins, because Tennessee has to play Dallas. 

New England can and probably will, lose 2 of 3 or all 3 of their final games. I think they are done. Chargers win 2 of 3, at least. They are in., Ravens are likely in. So I think our way in, is with Miami either losing to Green Bay or New England or both, and then obviously losing to us in week 18.

So:

Chargers and Ravens top 2 wild cards

Jets win final 2  -  we are 9-8

Miami loses to 2 of 3 including to us -   They are 9-8 (we win tie-breaker)

New England loses 2 of 3 - They are 8-9

We own tie breakers with other potential 9-8 teams including Cleveland and Pittsburgh, if they happen to win out.

The fact we can still say we have a shot, at this point, is a miracle in itself. MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HANUKAH/ETC to everyone here.

Thank you.  This was a good breakdown.   I was thinking Tennessee could certainly end up with 9 losses.

On 12/22/2022 at 11:53 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

The D is on the field too much. Some of that is on them, of course, but they barely get a breather in between possessions. But yeah, at this point it looked like half the D didn’t show up to play today. Quincy’s motor is always running; so is Clemons; Whitehead laid some lumber tonight; Quinnen had that early sack-FF but had a quiet game after that. The rest of the D looked like they were sleeping half the game, and it might’ve been uglier if not for the weather.

This is it exactly.  ZW feels like he's been a 3-and-out machine whereas MW at least moves the ball.  People complained about the Minnesota game due to too many FGs, but MW drove them into the red zone at least.

I think the defense was demoralized against the Jags because they knew the offense stunk.  (Especially after that drive where the D got a turnover and then the offense lost yards before they kicked a FG).

• Upvote 2

On 12/22/2022 at 11:40 PM, hawk said:

Titans 

• Upvote 1