Rumors: Dolphins loss could cost Mike McDaniel his job

T0mShane

If Miami wants to be stupid that would be great 
Hire McDaniel as OC and make Mikey Boy Passing game coordinator........
Might Save Saleh's job 
Let me get this straight .. you want the guy that ruined the no. 2 pick to be in charge of the passing game ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Ross tampered with Sean Payton and Tom Brady, which led to their historic punishment. 

Payton already knows Ross was willing to pay him $100 million. Have to wonder if that has something to do with it

Also Brady is going to be a free agent. Could Ross be finally getting what he wants?

50 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Let me get this straight .. you want the guy that ruined the no. 2 pick to be in charge of the passing game ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I don't.....I would have fired him yesterday

But realistically speaking, Saleh isn't gonna fire the brother of his best friend. He made that clear earlier in the week

McDaniel runs circles around Lafleur as a playcaller.....if Miami wants to be dumb...or get aggressive in pursuing Payton...bringing him in and reassigning mikey boy could be a decent trade off 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That’s pretty ridiculous. He’s a strong coach.

The only way this would be feasible is if the dolphins go forward with the Payton Brady marriage that got put on hold last season because of Flores.

This is the team just fired Flores who was considered to be one of the best young coaches in the game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

Now I want to win just for the offseason content.

Thank you. We need more people here thinking about the greater good. So many people are caught up in wins and losses.

BRING BACK REX!  And Mangini! And Tanny!

:)

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Ross tampered with Sean Payton and Tom Brady, which led to their historic punishment. 

Payton already knows Ross was willing to pay him $100 million. Have to wonder if that has something to do with it

Yes, Brady is also a FA. This is Ross’ dream. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Saleh would never have the balls to fire his close friend, just to hire another close fiend. 

If Jets beat Fins Sunday, McDaniels moves up the friend chart and becomes Saleh's best friend BECAUSE his azz is on the line as well.  It was not nice knowing you MLF.  Now go play with your electric football game.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Thank you. We need more people here thinking about the greater good. So many people are caught up in wins and losses.

BRING BACK REX!  And Mangini! And Tanny!

:)

lol The Dream Team. Tanny as GM, Rex as DC, Gase as OC, Mangini managing this ship of fools as HC. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Dolphins fans have wanted Grier fired for many years. My family lives down there. 6 seasons with 1 wild card loss as their only playoff appearance and terrible drafts  including drafting Tua ahead of Justin Herbert. They had an outstanding 2021 draft with Waddle/Phillips/Holland after the Tunsil trade, which was a fleecing, but they traded the farm for Tyreek Hill and to not make the playoffs after their start, might be the final straw.

Hiring Adam Gase and Brian Flores were pretty bad, so McDaniel's hiring was gonna be his last opportunity, considering how nuts Stephen Ross is. (and we complain about Woody Johnson...at least we don't lose 1st round draft picks for tampering)

But I think McDaniel's biggest issue is the way Tua was handled this year, with the concussions. If the Dolphins just simply had an 8-9 record, with growth from Tua, then his job would be secure for at least another season. But considering the circumstances, I think Ross might fire him just for that, and losing 5 or 6 games, to end the season out of the playoffs, would be pretty bad as well.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

Plus, tua has missed how many games with injuries?

Then, Teddy B missed games, so he's playing with his #3 QB.

Problem is, many are blaming McDaniel for Tua's current concussion issues. The guy's career might be ruined and McDaniel might be the fall guy for it.

• Upvote 2

Miami’s future is even more murky than the Jets. 

They don’t have many draft picks the next couple of years (tampering penalty and the Bradley Chubb trade). Already traded a bunch of picks for Hill. 

They also don’t have any cap space and have to make a decision on Tua soon. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Big follower of the Fins Sports Talk Network, are ya?

9 hours ago, dbatesman said:

It’s the Fins Talk Sports Network, dumbass.

It’s Salguero, who is the most plugged in source for Dolphins news. Also, it is high time you two submit to a three-man cage match with me to settle all family business.

• Haha 4

This report has to be a load of sh*t.   McDaniel has been great with Tua, a sub standard QB this year.  I love him as an OC ... if he somehow leaks free ... the Jets have to nab him to work with/replace LaFleur.

Edited by Dunnie

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

McDaniel did a press availability yesterday where he was blazed out of his mind to the point of incoherence. I’d imagine Ross wouldn’t be loving this in the middle of a collapse, and with your QB likely out for the year. 

Do you think his herbalist demeanor is at least partially trolling the media ....