Rumors: Dolphins loss could cost Mike McDaniel his job

T0mShane

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Sure - 5 playoff appearances in the same 20 year span :) 

lol

Depends on the arbitrary start date, like many/most shocking stats. Change the time window and suddenly the stat doesn’t seem as bad…or seems worse. e.g. Now do the last dozen years, since the 8 years that preceded that weren’t just long ago but it’s not like they led to any SB appearances/wins anyway.

Or even playoffs aside, since sometimes teams get lucky (easy divisions) and sometimes they get screwed, missing it with a record that pretty much always gets a team in (e.g. ‘15 Jets).

Whatever. We’ve got a handful of real players now, but this franchise still ****ing sucks. The last two “better” years in the past 7 seasons were still under .500 ffs, with a playoff drought a dozen years long and counting. We get to make fun of no one but ourselves.

• Upvote 1

I actually respect how he relates to the players and his offense is slick. It’s unfortunate with Tua’s concussions, because his future there must be in doubt too. Would not surprise me if they are both replaced but please not Payton and Brady lol

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

McDaniel did a press availability yesterday where he was blazed out of his mind to the point of incoherence. I’d imagine Ross wouldn’t be loving this in the middle of a collapse, and with your QB likely out for the year. 

Have you listened to Saleh’s incoherent banter these last few days?

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Good for Ross. His standards seem higher than ours. We have similar the 5-6 game losing streaks, ours is being celebrated as progress, while there’s  won’t be tolerated.

I don't think Ross has ever seen his team win a single playoff game, so his impatience and frustration with the failed rebuild is understandable.  And Grier's decision to take Tua (in light of his durability concerns) is not aging well.

4 hours ago, KevinSwayne82 said:

Miami’s future is even more murky than the Jets. 

They don’t have many draft picks the next couple of years (tampering penalty and the Bradley Chubb trade). Already traded a bunch of picks for Hill. 

They also don’t have any cap space and have to make a decision on Tua soon. 

Finally, some good news.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Depends on the arbitrary start date, like many/most shocking stats. Change the time window and suddenly the stat doesn’t seem as bad…or seems worse. e.g. Now do the last dozen years, since the 8 years that preceded that weren’t just long ago but it’s not like they led to any SB appearances/wins anyway.

Or even playoffs aside, since sometimes teams get lucky (easy divisions) and sometimes they get screwed, missing it with a record that pretty much always gets a team in (e.g. ‘15 Jets).

Whatever. We’ve got a handful of real players now, but this franchise still ****ing sucks. The last two “better” years in the past 7 seasons were still under .500 ffs, with a playoff drought a dozen years long and counting. We get to make fun of no one but ourselves.

I agree :( 

(Except that I like to make fun of everyone)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

McDaniel did a press availability yesterday where he was blazed out of his mind to the point of incoherence. I’d imagine Ross wouldn’t be loving this in the middle of a collapse, and with your QB likely out for the year. 

There's a 0% chance he didn't take a bong rip before entering the press room.....Geez ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I would love to see this guy interact with the NY media on a weekly basis

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, rillo said:

I seriously doubt it. But I would love it if the Jets came down here and shut the door on their playoffs hopes. 

At this point, I could care less.  But I'd rather the Fins get in than the Pats.  Hate the Fins, DESPISE the Pats. I'm already looking to the draft. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

At this point, I could care less.  But I'd rather the Fins get in than the Pats.  Hate the Fins, DESPISE the Pats. I'm already looking to the draft. 

I won't argue either way. I just live down here, and the phins fans were really excited about their team. A lot of big talk. 

22 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He’s a football geek with a quirky personality 

Played WR at Yale

Greg Cosell is constantly singing his praises, calls him a football savant 

Intelligence is something that could certainly benefit this offense 

On 1/4/2023 at 8:41 PM, football guy said:

Ross tampered with Sean Payton and Tom Brady, which led to their historic punishment. 

Payton already knows Ross was willing to pay him $100 million. Have to wonder if that has something to do with it

Payton still has a year left on his contract. They denied him permission in Feb to talk to the Dolphins I doubt they let them now.

20 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If McDaniel is fired, I would offer him a blank check to run our offense

They can even save face with LaFleur by giving McDaniel some title like “senior offensive assistant” or “assistant HC” so it doesn’t officially register as a demotion for baby LaFleur

Who cares about MLF's demotion, I'd hire McDaniel in a heartbeat to be OC, and let MLF decide if he wants to be on board or not. Then go out and get the best QB coach that is available. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2023 at 8:35 PM, Integrity28 said:

Good for Ross. His standards seem higher than ours. We have similar the 5-6 game losing streaks, ours is being celebrated as progress, while there’s  won’t be tolerated.

Probably because the fish were picked to be a playoff team and the Jets a 5 win team.

• Upvote 2

On 1/5/2023 at 1:24 PM, slimjasi said:

Good news is that shortly, McDaniels would be able to walk into a dispensary and pick up some gummies to get him through the day. NY is on the come up

• Haha 2