Will Becton be overweight again come training camp?

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Great thread man! 

528CB600-3936-4B03-B424-5380FAE5C205.png

2 years in a row of bad knees though.  And 2 years of not playing.  He is in his contract year but we're still better off expecting nothing from him.

"Coulda Been Records" describes his career perfectly, btw.  He's definitely a "Coulda Been".

image.png.4f403362587739d36354302c2343cc82.png

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

2 years in a row of bad knees though.  And 2 years of not playing.  He is in his contract year but we're still better off expecting nothing from him.

The first injury happened when someone rolled up on his leg. We can test this out. We’ll get together I’ll roll into your knees, spring to my feet and repeatedly call you a fat **** and yell EAT ANOTHER DONUT as you writhe on the floor in agony. 

The second injury occurred to the same knee. 

The premise of the thread is that he came into training camp out of shape which is simply not true.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The first injury happened when someone rolled up on his leg. We can test this out. We’ll get together I’ll roll into your knees, spring to my feet and repeatedly call you a fat **** and yell EAT ANOTHER DONUT as you writhe on the floor in agony. 

The premise of the thread is that he came into training camp out of shape which is simply not true.

It's worth a shot.  Let's try it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He was absolutely out of shape coming into camp. 

• Upvote 1

With our O line issues not sure how you don’t  hope he comes back in shape and ready to play. I just really hope he can figure it out because we can use all the help we can get on the O line. It was blatantly obvious he wasn’t ready to come back the first time, so hopefully this time he is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Be was absolutely out of shape coming into camp. 

The NY Jets officially reported for training camp on Tuesday, and among the more notable names in attendance was Mekhi Becton. Becton has been the recipient of plenty of criticism over the last few months, but he's looking to silence his doubters.

He's off to a good start too.

Becton has seemingly showed up to training camp in phenomenal shape with Brian Costello of the New York Post saying that the Jets "are excited about the shape he's in."

Connor Hughes, formerly of The Athletic, chimed in as well saying that Becton was "in incredible shape" and that he had received the message from the Jets coaching staff.

Despite countless rumors and criticisms over the last few months, Becton has seemingly shown up to camp healthy and motivated. He's ready to pick up where he left off following an encouraging rookie season.

https://thejetpress.com/posts/mekhi-becton-shows-up-to-ny-jets-training-camp-in-excellent-shape-01g8xgqrrkk9/amp

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

he's a fat waste. dudes career is over. if you are hoping on him to be anything then you are hoping for a lost cause. unfortunately cant even cut his fat ass for any cap savings so we are stuck with him 1 more year

I don't completely agree.  As much as I feel like his career is over, we need to hope he somehow turns it around.  History isn't on his side there but that is what we truly need.  If he comes back and is as advertised from the get go - we solved one hole in the line.  At least until he gets hurt again.

JD said in November that becton is on schedule for OTA’ and AVT and Hall should be ready by week 1 I think. 

He’s been back in the building. Since, I want to say, early last month. He’s been back, he’s been rehabbing every day in our training room. I know his focus is coming back next year in the best shape he can be and as healthy as he can be. Again, we feel really optimistic that he’s going to be full strength for OTAs.”

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

He’s not going to get his 5th year option, so he’ll be in his contract year next year. We’ll def be seeing his absolute best next year….if he doesn’t get traded. Does that mean he stays healthy? Who knows…

Big year for Becton's career coming up. I highly doubt team will pick up his 5th yr option. So he will be FA, if he gets hurt or sucks, he will be stuck with back-up money. If he stays healthy and plays well he may get a franchise tag or big money deal (more likely the former due to his injury history).

• Upvote 1

he is a monster bust as is wilson

joe set us back 3-5 years with those picks

we have not even exceeded the gase last year in wins

Yes Joe had a great last draft but overall his team is a losing team while others in similar situations are now in the playoffs 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He was absolutely out of shape coming into camp. 

Based on your assessment from pictures.  
I mean, I’ve never seen 300lb plus OLmen who had bellies etc.  people actually believe OLmen should look like svelte athletes to be in shape?  
If that’s the case the pic of him and AVT says he’s in great shape.  

• Upvote 2