Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Super team thing is just Riddick speculating.

He don't know jack.

If Rodgers is on board the Jets really just need Lazard and a veteran edge rusher with something left in the tank that can close games.  Not sure if that type of guy is available but it seems every year one gets moved to a team that thinks it’s window is wide open.

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

In retrospect, this whole slow roll probably was more of an FU to to Schefter and Rappaport than it was to the Packers and Jets.

I doubt it. I think the likeliest reason is he hasn’t made up his mind and he’s not in a rush.

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Yes. I am a Jets fan, but has this organization ever given us a reason to have any kind of faith that they would get something right?

OK, good ... a real discussion.  

For the most part, no.  But that was before Joe Douglas (who like every GM has made his share of mistakes).

However, if this deal does go through and we weren't robbed (which I don't think we will be), I think we should all give credit to where credit is due.

JD -- The guy who shrewdly traded several overrated assets (Darnold, Adams ..) in the lead-up to the last 2 drafts and boldly bet on Rodger's market (& ego).  Brought us the following elite players after a cupboard that was empty for years.

----------------------------------------

QB Aaron Rodgers* (MVP in 2020, 2021)

WR Garrett Wilson (Offensive Rookie of the Year)

RB Breece Hall (if not injured, Offensive Rookie of the Year)

G AVT (Jets offensive line version of Joe Klecko)

CB1 Sauce Gardner (1st team All Pro; Defensive Rookie of the Year)

CB2 DJ Reed (name a better #2 CB in the NFL?)

-----------------------------------------

Whether you like Saleh or not, the guy was the hottest head coaching candidate in that cycle and JD successfully lured him here.

So hopefully we can all start enjoying the ride!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

LOL at Adam Schefter right now. 

Anyone watching ESPN - it's comical.

dude is broken...

all these reporters that are left in dark are basically well its looks plausible, gonna be doing damage control