Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just to preface, this isn’t sourced.

Everything points to this being held up by everyone involved (not named Aaron) in order to make sure that Schefter, Ian, or those like them, did not break this news.  The Packers probably wanted to do right by Rodgers (he is probably the greatest player in the franchise’s history), and when the Jets got involved, they probably agreed to make sure that they kept things as tight lipped as physically possible in order to make sure that happened.

I could be completely wrong, but I don’t think Aaron would be going on the McAfee show tomorrow to d*ck around.  I think, and I’m hopeful, that he’s ready to tell everyone he’s playing elsewhere (here).

You would have to think AR or his reps release a statement, thank you GB, something prior to AR going on McAfee ?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just to preface, this isn’t sourced.

Everything points to this being held up by everyone involved (not named Aaron) in order to make sure that Schefter, Ian, or those like them, did not break this news.  The Packers probably wanted to do right by Rodgers (he is probably the greatest player in the franchise’s history), and when the Jets got involved, they probably agreed to make sure that they kept things as tight lipped as physically possible in order to make sure that happened.

I could be completely wrong, but I don’t think Aaron would be going on the McAfee show tomorrow to d*ck around.  I think, and I’m hopeful, that he’s ready to tell everyone he’s playing elsewhere (here).

Yeah, I would imagine Rodgers is seeing the cracks in the dam and wants to make sure he’s the one to drop the news. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just watched that NFLN total access panel where they take turns ripping on Rodgers to the Jets and what a sh*tshow of word salad. Mike Robinson: “You look at Tom Brady—he had the rings! I know Aaron has a ring but, uh, you know. And you look at Matt Stafford going to the Rams! He had a chip on his shoulder! Aaron Rodgers, uh, his stats was down!”

Saw that. How about the ex-Giants GM going off. Jesus. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just watched that NFLN total access panel where they take turns ripping on Rodgers to the Jets and what a sh*tshow of word salad. Mike Robinson: “You look at Tom Brady—he had the rings! I know Aaron has a ring but, uh, you know. And you look at Matt Stafford going to the Rams! He had a chip on his shoulder! Aaron Rodgers, uh, his stats was down!”

GOOD you know Rodgers is hearing it. Going to shove it right up their asses this season

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Aaron Rodgers at this stage of his career couldnt beat old man brady, couldnt beat jimmy g and couldnt beat jared goff when it mattered over the past few years.  This was at home at lambeau.  The jet fans expectations of what they are getting in rodgers is so off its unbelievable.

To put the jets and the super bowl in the same sentence because of aaron rodgers is lunacy.

aaaand he lost to Zack Wilson, at home at lambeau!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

GOOD you know Rodgers is hearing it. Going to shove it right up their asses this season

Yup!  Our starting QBs haven’t thrown 26 touchdowns in three years combined. Which Rogers did last year after coming off of back to back MVPs. He has plenty left in the tank. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, C Mart said:

You would have to think AR or his reps release a statement, thank you GB, something prior to AR going on McAfee ?

Agree.  This whole troll game with Schefter and Rapoport has been a delight, but at some point things can turn very negative on to the Jets, GB and Rodgers if there isn't a resolution here very soon.  Really needs to be tomorrow, or there needs to be a clear explanation from the parties involved WTF is going on.  Jerking around the fans serves no purpose...

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woody Johnson’s Jets are pursuing Rodgers so aggressively that there’s clearly no plan B. No one else seems to be pursuing Rodgers at all. Some people are being dangerously glib about this whole situation, and it isn’t the ones warning it’ll be a disaster.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, C Mart said:

You would.

It will be interesting to see if something is released in the AM/prior to the show if this is going where we think it is going. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t mind the Athletic and “print” guys as much anymore now that Manish is banished, but the WFAN/ESPN crap has always been a bore. I do enjoy the podcasts so much more these days

I think Manish leaving and ESPN becoming somewhat irrelevant (honestly just check their scoreboards, don't even know the last time I read a story from them) helps because they both drove the lolJets narrative.  WFAN is basically an audio book version of the trolls on this board.  

Yeah, I like the podcasts because the shows are usually more thought out than spur of the moment antics, and the evidence is there to go through in the past.  I like some of the group collaborations on YouTube (I think GreenBean is one one, with Jets Central- I think, I'm not sure) where things are at least thought out.  

I wish there was a good Jets podcast that had a group setting consistently.  I know the Browns had one (it was on YouTube because they started it as Flacco led the comeback last year, so I checked them out) and the Bills have one called Maybe Next Year that I kinda like as well.  

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My favorite was Mike Ross saying Rodgers hasn’t looked like Rodgers the last couple of years when he has won the MVP of the league 2 of the last 3 seasons and his down year, with a broken (also torn) thumb, and broken ribs would rank top 5 in Jets history.

That was stunning. “Are they getting Aaron Rodgers in his prime? I don’t THINK SO.” Like, what? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

None of them will care that Wingo and McAfee broke the story, because they all have books to write. It’ll be six months of them making goo-goo eyes at Rodgers every time he makes a high school-level quip.

This is 100 percent what's going to happen.

Our local hacks are going to be starstruck.

Just now, T0mShane said:

That was stunning. “Are they getting Aaron Rodgers in his prime? I don’t THINK SO.” Like, what? 

They all just furious where they can't unequivocally call the Jets a laughing stock for the next couple years.

I get it's fun to make fun of a bad team. Believe me, I'm all for it.

But the absolute disdain and hatred for the jets just blows my mind. Like seriously, what terrible things did this organization do to deserve this? Did woody and zach tag team all their mothers?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I think Manish leaving and ESPN becoming somewhat irrelevant (honestly just check their scoreboards, don't even know the last time I read a story from them) helps because they both drove the lolJets narrative.  WFAN is basically an audio book version of the trolls on this board.  

Yeah, I like the podcasts because the shows are usually more thought out than spur of the moment antics, and the evidence is there to go through in the past.  I like some of the group collaborations on YouTube (I think GreenBean is one one, with Jets Central- I think, I'm not sure) where things are at least thought out.  

I wish there was a good Jets podcast that had a group setting consistently.  I know the Browns had one (it was on YouTube because they started it as Flacco led the comeback last year, so I checked them out) and the Bills have one called Maybe Next Year that I kinda like as well.  

In the early days of this site, Max and I had talked about putting together a roundtable format call-in show with a rotating group of hosts from the board and from Twitter, but we couldn’t get the logistics together. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My favorite was Mike Ross saying Rodgers hasn’t looked like Rodgers the last couple of years when he has won the MVP of the league 2 of the last 3 seasons and his down year, with a broken (also torn) thumb, and broken ribs would rank top 5 in Jets history.

Do you know how much sh!t we have all had to take during this 12-year run of ineptitude? And we are supposed to feel bad about getting the guy with the second-most MVPs of all time after watching Brady and Stafford have success making late-career moves? The haters can kiss all our collective a$$es. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jerichoholic said:

Is there anything more Jetsy than finally landing a franchise qb, but by the time he's signed he's already pissed off the entire institution of sports media and the fan base?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As soon as he wins one game throws two touch downs and doesn't look like ass out there like every QB we have had since penny. Literally the entire jets fan base will treat him like royalty. 

You get that right?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was a disaster the second they committed to Zach Wilson two years ago. They are digging themselves out from the rubble. Rodgers is a petulant, narcissistic, high-maintenance diva, but he’s also—as of 1:15 pm tomorrow—the best QB to ever sign on to this godforsaken franchise. It’s the best of a tragic situation with a high likelihood of failure, but it also provides—far and away—the highest likelihood of success. 

A good summation. Maybe Rodgers rides the spite dragon to another high level year, they get lucky with health, a bunch of other stuff happens and the team can make a run. All that isn't likely but what's the downside? That the Jets will be embarrassing? 

This regime is getting canned and replaced with the next group of bozos unless they pull something pretty wild off. This is the best chance they have. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Aaron Rodgers at this stage of his career couldnt beat old man brady, couldnt beat jimmy g and couldnt beat jared goff when it mattered over the past few years.  This was at home at lambeau.  The jet fans expectations of what they are getting in rodgers is so off its unbelievable.

To put the jets and the super bowl in the same sentence because of aaron rodgers is lunacy.

In the past few years Rodgers was league MVP twice. WTF are you even talking about?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In the early days of this site, Max and I had talked about putting together a roundtable format call-in show with a rotating group of hosts from the board and from Twitter, but we couldn’t get the logistics together. 

I'm never going to one of those planning meetings again. It was really weird having to go shirtless but the team building oil rub down stuff was too much. I'm not sure how you guys got any work done at those meetings.

• Haha 2