Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Shouldn’t be. And furthermore. Even if true. Doesn’t mean you can’t announce it. But it’s not official until tomorrow.

As I said. We traded for Clark a week ago and announced it. Yet he’s not a Jet until later today. We announced Lazard yesterday. He can’t sign until today.

You can announce it, yet it be official tomorrow 100%

Agree. It could still be announced even if it isn't official  to the 17th

• Upvote 1

Just now, hotrodcharlie said:

Bill Belichick wouldn't kiss any players ass the way the Jets are kissing Rodgers'  so this scenario just wouldn't happen with them

as for your point about Agholor and Jonnu Smith, when you have 6 SB rings you get the benefit of the doubt a little. The Jets GM is 20-46, the media is fair to wonder if he has any clue what he's doing

No, totally. When you overdraft Mac Jones at 10 and then develop him by letting Matt Patricia be his OC and then follow that up by starting Riley Reiff and Yodney Cajuste at tackle with Tyquan Thornton at WR1, you definitely look back to when Tom Brady was winning Super Bowls for him and say “he’s got this.”

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Many on this forum.  Someone could make a long and embarrassing list of those who just assume that the Jets are letting Rodgers be a "defacto GM".  Nothing could be more untrue, but it makes them happy to post conjecture and falsehoods as though they were real.  Not worth the time, but it is absolutely shocking from some here.    You guys have created, perpetuated and/or bought in to the huge pile of nonsense and then act like it's truth.

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

She's one of the bigger frauds out there this year.  Probably savoring watching Schefter and Rappoport's balls get squeezed.  Whats worse is the actual number of people who believe every word she and the others spit out.  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

No, totally. When you overdraft Mac Jones at 10 and then develop him by letting Matt Patricia be his OC and then follow that up by starting Riley Reiff and Yodney Cajuste at tackle with Tyquan Thornton at WR1, you definitely look back to when Tom Brady was winning Super Bowls for him and say “he’s got this.”

they still kicked Joe Douglas ass with that plan twice

as a matter of fact Douglas has never, ever beaten the Patriots

1 minute ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Bill Belichick wouldn't kiss any players ass the way the Jets are kissing Rodgers'  so this scenario just wouldn't happen with them

as for your point about Agholor and Jonnu Smith, when you have 6 SB rings you get the benefit of the doubt a little. The Jets GM is 20-46, the media is fair to wonder if he has any clue what he's doing

The question I would ask is what exactly are the Jets doing where they are kissing his ass?

We have no idea what the negotiation is/was and what the conversation is between the Packers, Rodger and the Jets.

Are we going by the clowns in the media putting out wishlists demands which are basically useless?

Are they kissing his ass because they signed Lazard which on its own is a very good move?

The takes out there on what is going on are mostly laughable - don't fall into the trap.

Listening to FAN right now and Tiki is on the same bandwagon - the Jets look like fools etc etc.

If there is a football God out there - Rodgers does come here and just shuts up all of these fools.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

It is such a stupid take on the media and dare I say some posters part to think that was what was going on.

Does anyone even remotely believe Rodgers was demanding these players happen in order for him to consider saying yes?

Even more unbelievable is thinking JD is sitting there afraid he is going to get fired if he does not do everything he asks.

These type takes is the heart of why Rodgers dislikes the media - and he is correct.  

It's astonishing the usually logical and sane posters on this forum who have been promoting this nonsense.  It's a big knock on their credibility here going forward.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A fun thought exercise is to imagine what these brilliant ESPN and NFLN hacks would be saying if Rodgers was instead being courted by the Patriots. The Pats are choking on tens of millions of dollars they gave to Nelson Agholor and Jonnu Smith and you don’t hear boo about it, but the Jets *might* throw the league minimum at Randall Cobb and it’s high treason? 

The Pats happen to have the third most cap space this year behind Atlanta and Chicago.  They could actually go get Lamar if they were so inclined.  

clearly anything being written in the media is speculation or guessing but I read a few " experts" saying the jets may have to part with 2 number  ones to get arod-if that is the case it is way too much for a guy that at best will be here 3 years but more than likely 1-2

at that price  I would rather have lamar  who should give you 5-7 years or sign the mustache on the cheap  and draft a qb and hope joe gets it right after missing badly before

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's astonishing the usually logical and sane posters on this forum who have been promoting this nonsense.  It's a big knock on their credibility here going forward.

And I want to clarify that although I quoted @BigRy56 post - I was not including him in the category of posters taking the bait. I simply used his post as he was basically saying the same thing.  

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets have gone all-in on the let's stack the good young core with old guys and weirdos plan several times during Woody's tenure. Not only has it worked out horribly every single time, but the years that it takes to recover from said plan have been extensively longer than it would take to recover from your average bad year. This is like the sixth film in the Kickboxer franchise and you're here lecturing me about how the seventh one will finally live up to the original.

I just watched Kickboxer I again all these years later because it's on Netflix & I just wanted to veg out one night. Mercifully, I fell asleep no more than halfway through.

19 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The past two years Lazard has put up more yards and TD's than Davis.  Davis has been unable to stay healthy and not a particularly good red zone target.

Lazard isn't just a minor upgrade but a major one over Davis.  

Davis is more talented and, when totally healthy, is a superior WR plagued by injuries and playing with garbage QBs. There are reasons to choose Lazard over Davis - the nonstop injuries are reason enough - but you're overstating it here. Lazard is fine, and fills a hole here in a need for a reliable big-target WR, but he's going to be the team's WR3 unless Moore proves no better with Rodgers.

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think this:

- Some Jets players have been frustrated about the process dragging out.

Is an outright fabrication. 

The only Jets players who would be "frustrated" right now, are those who think Rodgers, or his desire to sign a few old friends, might cost them snaps/touches.  Not because it's "dragging out".

Calling 100% BS on this line.  

Z.Wilson/Moore/Mims bitching, perhaps, but not because it's dragging out, but because it's happening at all.

Probably Mims, possibly Moore, definitely Davis.

Zach I think is happy (or happier) with this situation, or as happy as he's going to get while being tied to the "toxic" Jets. There's less than no pressure for him to beat out the starter + gets to be teammates with his hero + with Rodgers on board for 1-2 seasons he gets some time between his last flop and the next time he's on the field for any meaningful snaps. If it runs through the end of his rookie contract he can pick where he wants to go on a short, prove-it deal.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Question: would this apply if they are re-doing, re-working his contract?

I think it implies that it is exactly what they are doing CT. Rodgers has his "wishlist" so if he wants his buddies on the team he's going to have to do his part to help make it happen

• Upvote 1

The Main Reason Aaron Rodgers Is making the NFL WAIT... imho

21 Teams passed on Rodgers with 23 players being drafted ahead of him... making him wait excruciating long in the green room with a camera in his face, back then it was 15 minutes per pick in the 1st round... Totally Embarrassed after believing he was going no later than top 10 but most likely higher (Top 5)... So Now It's His World & His Turn... To make The NFL Wait... These guys Never Forget... brady still knows the names of the 6 qb's drafted ahead of him... These Guys Use It As FIRE...

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

The question I would ask is what exactly are the Jets doing where they are kissing his ass?
We have no idea what the negotiation is/was and what the conversation is between the Packers, Rodger and the Jets.
Are we going by the clowns in the media putting out wishlists demands which are basically useless?
Are they kissing his ass because they signed Lazard which on its own is a very good move?
The takes out there on what is going on are mostly laughable - don't fall into the trap.
Listening to FAN right now and Tiki is on the same bandwagon - the Jets look like fools etc etc.
If there is a football God out there - Rodgers does come here and just shuts up all of these fools.  

Cause tiki wants the Jets to trade for LJ

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Flightattendant said:

An important reminder. Rodgers is older and less likely to be healthy, Garrett Wilson isn't davante Adams,  and our O sucks. 

If anyone ever invites you to a party or celebration, make sure you decline.  It will be for the better.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What if:

- ...the deal is already done between the Jets and Green Bay, and has been for a while now

- ...the agreement is also already in place for him to agree to go to the Jets (rather than threaten retirement to prevent coming here), and to the giddy Jets' FO/coaches it's between a shoulder-shrug & small potatoes to oblige him wanting to do his farewell presser to Packers fans on the 15th before it's officially announced; the idea being, if he does his tearful goodbye thingy after it's made official it won't get nearly the attention he wants (nor the type of attention, since it's harder for a good actor to look & act conflicted about moving on after the announcement's already been made public).

- ...there's truth to the idea that a trade can't happen until the 17th when his extension can first be exercised (I'm still not seeing why myself, as he can surely sign a one-sentence rider to his contract that stipulates he agrees to that bonus today instead of 2 days later, but it's been thrown out there by at least a couple people)

- ...Lazard is a fine WR2-3 swap for Davis & good puzzle-piece match to fit alongside Wilson-Moore, even if they weren't signing Rodgers

- ...glossed-over in all this is that Lazard was specifically waiting to see what happens with Rodgers before doing anything (and then further licking his face after he's agreed to come to the Jets). So then IF Rodgers has an unexpected change of heart he's screwing his buddy Lazard along with the Jets. Never say never, but it's extremely unlikely unless it had led to Lazard getting a vastly over-market contract in the $15MM+/year range (in which case it'd be him using the Jets to help his friend).

I get people not liking the idea of the Jets going in this direction with Rodgers, and further get people just flat-out disliking him as a person & wanting no part of having to root for him (I remember feeling that way with Vick). If both parties (all 3 parties, counting the Packers who can't wait to be rescued so they can go with Love without Rodgers wiping the floor with him in camp), then there is no Plan B needed, so the lack of a Plan B is a non-factor. I take for granted Rodgers & the Jets are privy to more info on the matter than we are, and the lack of an announcement doesn't indicate a lack of an agreement being in place. 

Now watch this narcissistic motherf***er announce his retirement this afternoon so you can rub my nose in this embarrassment until the end of time. 

Good summary and I think closest to the truth of what is going on!

1 minute ago, football guy said:

There's a lot coming out from Schefter about the Packers wanting two 1st round picks. That's what they wanted very early on in the process. It has come down since. I've maintained that it will ultimately cost something like a 1st and a 2nd round pick compensation. I do think it will ultimately wind up being our 2023 2nd + a conditional 2024 selection that has a high likelihood of becoming a 1st + Corey Davis. Anything less is a massive win. 

What I don't know: would the Packers eat a large chunk of the money in exchange for the 1st round pick? 

But the 2024 pick is conditional, yes?  Also i would expect the jets to trade back from 13 if they deal their 2nd round pick.

still seems high for a guy who has 3 yrs tops left, no?

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Sorry Boozer but it ain't happening today eitherimage.thumb.jpeg.49407f89d38a34a78236d02df6ab9e68.jpeg

Couldn't Rodgers just agree to move up the date in that clause? Players + teams renegotiate & restructure contracts all the time. 

It may happen today, or maybe on the 17th, but the idea that "it's impossible until then" makes no sense to me because both parties have the ability to change that date in writing in 2 minutes upon a trade going through.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

But the 2024 pick is conditional, yes?  Also i would expect the jets to trade back from 13 if they deal their 2nd round pick.

still seems high for a guy who has 3 yrs tops left, no?

I would think it will be a conditional 3rd or 2nd that becomes a 1st if certain conditions are met. It's a high price but worth it IMO

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I think flying the owner, president, front office and half the coaching staff out to wine & dine a guy is kissing his ass and something you'd never see with Belichick or Parcells

but taking it a step beyond even that and letting him pick which friends he wants to play with is full on balls in face embarrasing

Ripping on the Jets is a layup for the media. Things go up in flames, they're right. Jets have a good season, wow Rodgers is better than we thought, he got the Jets over the hump. The blowing up the roster narrative is silly unless they trade young talent.

Also, more than a second round pick for likely a one year rental would be pretty disappointing. I don't see how the Packers really have any leverage.

Still think the board would fall apart if Rodgers doesn't elect to play here, and if he does the board will fall apart because Douglas gave up too much.

• Upvote 2