Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

lol come on DLJ.  He only said that because the Jets became his only option.  If any other options emerged and he ended up going there, they would have been his # 1 choice too.
I'm not upset about it though.  I don't care if we were his 1st option or his 31st.  He's coming and he's pissed off.  That's good news for us.  And I think he'll learn to like it here.  Roster is ready to go.  Fans are ready go.  

I APOLOGIZE JF80, the douchiness of this show is rubbing off on me. These dudes are overgrown frat boys
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol come on DLJ.  He only said that because the Jets became his only option.  If any other options emerged and he ended up going there, they would have been his # 1 choice too.

I'm not upset about it though.  I don't care if we were his 1st option or his 31st.  He's coming and he's pissed off.  That's good news for us.  And I think he'll learn to like it here.  Roster is ready to go.  Fans are ready go.  

False. He gave Jets credit the moment we whooped their ass in GB. He complimented us multiple times. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

We have no idea when the terms were negotiated or if they have changed at any point in time.

correct.  But you have been assuming throughout that terms were not agreed upon and we don't know that.  So saying the Jets have pretty much failed is all speculative of you.  

Aaron Rodgers has been pretty consistent that current leadership has not always leveled with him - which is very different from he wants to pay GM.  This latest chapter has obviously only convinced him that GB is no longer an option, and he is pissed.

It's going to be a fun ride this year!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

2023 4th rounder with a 2024 conditional was my prediction!

I think that a 2023 3rd rounder with a 2024 conditional.  Specifically, a 3rd rounder for 2024 conditional pick that can go to a 2nd round pick if Rodgers gets the Jets to the Superbowl in 2023.  Additionally, the 2024 pick would be lowered to a 5th round pick if Rodgers decides to retire after 2023.

• Upvote 1