Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Isn’t this perfect for us? He wants us and GB looks like assholes now 

He has been sick of the GB management for a good while now. That's why he looked like he was not interested in playing football last season.  He is not washed.  He's somewhat disgruntled. 

He made a point saying that the GB management has changed since he was drafted. 

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He also has to approve ANY trade. Sounds like he will only approve to play for Jets. So they have to consider keeping him or give into the jets. Have to choose 1

He doesn't have a no trade clause BUT if they trade him to anyone else he will basically retire and accelerate 75 Million cap hit

11 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I think the craziest thing Rodgers said was the Packers holding up the trade. Don't think I've seen a player take away leverage from his team like that.

Yea so? Truth be told. Don't think that has any bearing on anything. Pack do not want him back, do not want to pay him 100M. What are they supposed to do ? Tell the Jets to Eff off with what's offered? They have to make a deal. Are they going to back out because they dont like the compensation and force AR to come back? Then what? Bench him? Make him play when he's been told he's clearly not wanted anymore. Cut him and owe him 100M? Love also is in limbo and they going to have to pay him and sign him long term. They will look like total idiots to the NFL and fanbase.  Goodall and the NFL need AR playing. Period. He may have to get involved if this thing keeps stagnating. AR is a huge superstar for the NFL. JD holds the cards.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Yea so? Truth be told. Don't think that has any bearing on anything. Pack do not want him back, do not want to pay him 100M. What are they supposed to do ? Tell the Jets to Eff off with what's offered? They have to make a deal. Are they going to back out because they dont like the compensation and force AR to come back? Then what? Bench him? Make him play when he's been told he's clearly not wanted anymore. Cut him and owe him 100M? Love also is in limbo and they going to have to pay him and sign him long term. They will look like total idiots to the NFL and fanbase.  Goodall and the NFL need AR playing. Period. He may have to get involved if this thing keeps stagnating. AR is a huge superstar for the NFL. JD holds the cards.  

I don't disagree with you so don't get the "yeah so?" My point is I haven't seen a player do this.

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

He doesn't have a no trade clause BUT if they trade him to anyone else he will basically retire and accelerate 75 Million cap hit

Which is basically a no trade clause ha. Why no one is going to trade for him. They can have the same Brett farve offer. Aaron can give GB a deadline if it comes to it. 

It's all coming together now.

The Jets have all the leverage which is why they are dragging it out.  The Packers take a HUGE cap hit unless Rodgers retires or is traded.  He's not retiring.

The Packers are holding out for a first round pick, but the Jets aren't budging.  In time, the Packers will have no choice but to accept the biggest trade offer on the table.  At this point, the only real concern is another team jumping into the mix and making a strong push for Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  A 2024 first needs to be off the table as well given the apparent strength of the QB class.

So I am going to play GM here which guarantees this will qualify as dumb ass post of the day.

Let's say the deal is a 2nd this year and a 3rd or 4th next year that can escalate.

Would you swap jets #1 this year for Packers #1 next?

Pack get 13 and I think they have 16.

Jets roll the dice that pack pick next year is not very good and should be top 10