Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Here's something I don't get. I always hear people call Rodgers a diva or a drama queen or whatever but whenever I hear him talk he seems pretty reasonable. What gives? 

projection?

Because he doesn’t think or act or believe in what you are supposed to believe in. I won’t get political but let’s just say, he doesn’t follow the narrative. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Joe Douglas??? No, this was all Woody’s doing. Don’t you remember reading that a hundred times here?

A lot of people here owe our owner an internet apology. He’s the one who fixed our QB dilemma.

JD hired Hackett 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I would assume in good faith he must have settled on the fact that he enter into this with a mental commitment, probably supported by some kind of contract restructuring? Which i don't think they can do till today, a year removed from his last restructure. 

So yea, it's up to GB to accept the condition of the trade, something they had to wait for Aaron last week to settle on. 

1)  Year two 100% depends on year one, if the jets have a really good year and he is healthy he will be back.  If he gets hurt or the jets flop he will be outta here.

2) No matter if he is staying or leaving he will be musing about retirement for weeks and weeks if not months after the season ends unless Joe Douglas draws a line in the sand and says we 100% have to know by this date.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Here's something I don't get. I always hear people call Rodgers a diva or a drama queen or whatever but whenever I hear him talk he seems pretty reasonable. What gives? 

projection?

People have very short memories Rodgers his whole career was considered a media darling and the media made excuses for him not winning more Super Bowls....blaming the Packers for not surrounding him with enough talent or not drafting offense...the flip came when he didn't agree to the you know what....ironically I've never been a fan until pureblood anti-media Rodgers. lol

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

projection?

Oh I can pinpoint the EXACT moment the perception of Rodgers changed for you. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Dude are you alright? The Packers are digging in their heels regarding the compensation. That's what's holding things up. 

Ok.. I shared last week that Jets were waiting for him to settle on committing to more than 1 season, and you've turned this into whatever is now with your necro post. slow clap i guess

36 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Joe Douglas??? No, this was all Woody’s doing. Don’t you remember reading that a hundred times here?

A lot of people here owe our owner an internet apology. He’s the one who fixed our QB dilemma.

Woody provided a directive for which he should get some credit, but JD is the one that is making it a reality. Otherwise Woody would've clicked his heels long ago to fix the QB problem. Talk is cheap.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You apparently forgot how this is all Woody’s doing.
JD had to hire Hackett, it was all part of Woody’s master plan to fix our QB situation.
If I remember correctly, JD was only going along with it in order to save his job.

Am I the only one cringing when I read "Woody's master plan"? The thought of it made me throw up a little in my mouth.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Woody provided a directive for which he should get some credit, but JD is the one that is making it a reality. Otherwise Woody would've clicked his heels long ago to fix the QB problem. Talk is cheap.

No, no. Let’s not change the narrative now…
“this has Woody’s fingerprints all over it!!!  yada yada yada…”

“He’s the one who chartered the plane, went out to Cali begging on his kness, and let Carr go to the Saints because he’s a ________ (fill in the blanks)”

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Ok.. I shared last week

I said this past March 13th, which was 2 days ago, that I strongly felt the Packers were the main reason things were being held up, because they want the #13 overall pick. It compared it to a game of chicken. You strongly disagreed and shifted the blame to Aaron Rodgers. This was two days ago. The Packers simply want too much. F them. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Shame.

I was really sorta hoping they'd roll with Sam Howell for 2023.

Although to be fair, you don't more of a "JAG placeholder till the Team gets Sold" than Jocoby Brissett, I guess....

You think they signed him to start? I thought they were all in on Howell?

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Jacoby Brissett never has been nor ever will be a part of the QB Domino game.

don't bother.  he's convinced he's right, even though rodgers basically blew up his narrative that JD bungled this thing

but yeah, i'm sure not being able to throw jacoby brissett out there has JD ready to fold lol

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's thread 264 how many pages until Rodgers actually gets dealt to the Jets? 

I'm thinking over 500 maybe 1000 

this thing could take months. 

Very excited for the discourse to evolve from “there’s no way we’re giving up a first-round pick” to “it’s not that big a deal that we gave up a first-round pick” to “when you think about it, not having a first-round pick is actually a positive”

• Haha 2