Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

12 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This contradicts Wingo, who claimed the deal was 99% done.

I choose Wingo.

"Far apart but could change quickly" -- covering himself either away

Right.  I choose Wingo as well but I guess who really knows at this point.  We'll just have to wait and see.

A lot of these reporters look to be on damage control. We have no way of confirming the current offer is more than it was last week. Also, they’re far apart but things can change quickly? lol

I don't mind them saving face. GB fans think they’re going to get a haul. So their gm can say, well we squeezed them for an extra pick. The reality is nobody can confirm that. And likely the offer hasn't changed. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, that all makes sense, but how can you counter this amazing strand of ESPN personality logic? 

Ummmmmm they don't know what they are talking about and Rogers says I'm coming back and there is nothing they can do and here is why...

See a GB podcaster explain why....

Starts at 40.36

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm they don't know what they are talking about and here is why...

Starts at 40.36

You have to understand... Green Bay is leaking this info to everyone... They are trying to pressure Joe D right now because they lose leverage by the day if they want 2023 draft picks...

Meanwhile Jets are being patient and staying tight lipped hence why the narrative is in GB favor... This is how its done...

JD will work it out. They just have to keep Woody at bay.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

I have nothing but admiration for all of you here for having the patience/desire to keep posting theories on “who has the advantage here”. I mean, at this point what else can be said that hasn’t been said by at least ten other people?
At this point I’m so bored reading them, all I do is scan the home page for any news, and wait to see how it plays out.

Thankfully I can be on a tee box in 20 minutes whenever I want, or watch the NCAA tournament which is on all day.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm they don't know what they are talking about and Rogers says I'm coming back and there is nothing they can do and here is why...

Starts at 40.36

Hard to believe Mina went to Yale. Her take that Green Bay has the most leverage is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Hard to believe Mina went to Yale. Her take that Green Bay has the most leverage is absolutely ridiculous. 

for the life of me I could never stomach around the horn yet it continues on the air.

Mina has someone in her ear letting her know what to say and what will be controversial - they are no different then the many cable news networks.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

probably in other threads--

"The take here is: "GB may not get much, but it will be more than last week"

• I disagree that it gets better as time passes. Aaron will just say no, not going *insert sh*t team*, i'll just retire.
  • If you thought GB was going to get a 1st rnd pick (even a 2nd imo), give your head a shake.
  • my prediction is a Corey, a 3rd this year, and a 3rd next year that could escalate up to a 2 if they make playoffs. (maybe even a 1 if they make the SB)

There will be a contingent of Jet fans anointing JD greatest GM of all time but I always thought it would be something like this.  The Favre trade set a precedent. 

Packer fans whining will be a joy to read through. 

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Paradis said:

• I disagree that it gets better as time passes. Aaron will just say no, not going *insert sh*t team*, i'll just retire.
  • If you thought GB was going to get a 1st rnd pick (even a 2nd imo), give your head a shake.
  • my prediction is a Corey, a 3rd this year, and a 3rd next year that could escalate up to a 2 if they make playoffs. (maybe even a 1 if they make the SB)

I’m leaning that way too.

I would highlight to GB that the 2023 3rd round pick + Davis are for Rodgers services in 2023 since there is a real risk of retirement after year 1.

The 2024 conditional pick starts as a third rounder IF Rodgers plays another year but can escalate to a 1st round if the Jets make the Super Bowl in 2023 (regardless if Rodgers plays another year).

1 year Super Bowl Run = 2023 3rd + Davis + 2024 1st

1 year (no Super Bowl in 2023) = 2023 3rd + Davis

2 years (no Super Bowl in 2023) = 2023 3rd + Davis + 2024 3rd

Remind them that it’s also in their interests to get this done soon so the Jets can turn their attention to building a 2023 SuperBowl contender.

Lastly, to get the above deal, GB needs to eat $15-$20M of Rodgers over market cap number

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

There will be a contingent of Jet fans anointing JD greatest GM of all time but I always thought it would be something like this.  The Favre trade set a precedent. 

Packer fans whining will be a joy to read through. 

2izno5.gif

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Closed sealed and delivered

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I know this means I wouldn't make a good GM, but part of me hopes JD doesn't hold out for the best possible deal, even if he can get it.

GB is in a tough situation, and a little give/take now can pay dividends down the road in the relationship between the two teams (whereas holding out to squeeze every last penny out of them could make future dealings more difficult).

Again, that's spoken out of ignorance of what it takes to successfully GM a professional sports team, but it's something I'd accept as a fan . . .

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have the same exact feeling.  I get the feeling JD is digging in because he thinks it's the Packers holding the weak hand here.

GB is holding the weaker hand.  And using the media to help fight for their position looks feeble.  Don't underestimate the sh!t treatment of the Jets by the local and national media over many years.  It makes JD and Woody partners with Rodgers in burning the whole Schefter/Rapoport/ESPN/media house down...

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

I know this means I wouldn't make a good GM, but part of me hopes JD doesn't hold out for the best possible deal, even if he can get it.

GB is in a tough situation, and a little give/take now can pay dividends down the road in the relationship between the two teams (whereas holding out to squeeze every last penny out of them could make future dealings more difficult).

Again, that's spoken out of ignorance of what it takes to successfully GM a professional sports team, but it's something I'd accept as a fan . . .

Give now and they’ll know his final offer is never his final offer. GMs will always try to squeeze him. His reputation is always on the line.

4 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

GB is holding the weaker hand.  And using the media to help fight for their position looks feeble.  Don't underestimate the sh!t treatment of the Jets by the local and national media over many years.  It makes JD and Woody partners with Rodgers in burning the whole Schefter/Rapoport/ESPN/media house down...

and as bad as it has been - it has already started to get worse. Throw the NFL network in there as well.

It is ok though, can't remember a season I am looking forward to as much as this one in awhile. Rodgers pissed off and wanting to show he still has it - a bunch of rookies who came from winning programs and don't want to lose.

Just please let Saleh find his nuts, get rid of the slogans and PVO crap and get back to the guy we say on the SF sidelines and we can sit back and enjoy where it takes us.

As for the media - F them. 

• Upvote 1