Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

8 hours ago, Hex said:

It's all about what you want, right. Packers fans generally wanted Rodgers to be gone because they thought a restart was necessary. Now that he's getting traded, of course they think he's worth more than he'll probably get traded for. In the case of the media, Rodgers had a down year, and so they pounced on that. Now that he's getting traded, it's a much better story if he gets traded for more because the stakes are higher.

The reality is Rodgers isn't totally washed, but he needs a better supporting cast. The Jets can give him that. He isn't worth a 'haul of picks', either, per se, but he is worth something. He still has a few years left in him before he becomes Drew Brees from 2 years ago.

Well it would be nice to know where both sides are at.   Obviously packer fans aren’t pushing for two ones.   A Jet fan on YouTube the other day posted four trade options that seemed decent.   I mean the Packers may be unreasonably asking for two ones but it’s also possible the Jets are only offering a fourth.  

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If the defense plays at the level it did last year - and the Rodgers, under Hackett, plays at a close to MVP level.  

Jets are seriously Super Bowl Contender.  They'll be as good as any team in football - just has to fall right in the playoffs.

That is impressive considering the Jets lost 5 games this season holding opponents to 20 pts or less (7 games at 23 pts or less).    Rodgers has 9 his entire career?   Wild. 

• Upvote 3

I think JD probably has 2 offers that are very similar in value out there for GB. And he’s given GB the option to pick which one they want. Heck he might even have more than 2 options for them. I just doubt any of them are close to that crazy value GB thinks they’ll get for him. And that’s why we’re at where we’re at. With no trade agreed to.

I do still trust Wingo and think something gets finalized this next week.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think JD probably has 2 offers that are very similar in value out there for GB. And he’s given GB the option to pick which one they want. Heck he might even have more than 2 options for them. I just doubt any of them are close to that crazy value GB thinks they’ll get for him. And that’s why we’re at where we’re at. With no trade agreed to.

I do still trust Wingo and think something gets finalized this next week.

Except nobody knows what’s going on.   GB may not want crazy value.   It’s possible the Jets offer is crazy low.   We don’t know 

27 minutes ago, choon328 said:

2 Things:

1: Some of you dudes are wusses ready to bend over and give up 2 first round picks bc you're scared

2: I've realized that the Packers media and fans are some of the least informed people. They are genuinely dumb when it comes to football. 

1st round pick = 5 years of cost control of premium talent

Aaron freaking Donald was picked at or around #13

Micah Parsons went #12

Would be a ransom to pay for 1 year of a 40 year old AR, plus being on the hook for 110M gtd

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I do wonder though - have offenses played conservative against the Jets, knowing they couldn't score?

Will offenses be more aggressive now? Put up more points?

Possibly, could also speak to why they couldnt force turnovers during their collapse.  That said, there is also a gamble if you go that route w/ the pass rush and corners on the team.  Probably not exactly a recipe for success either. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

If you are doing that then Jackson would be in play and would make more sense given his age.  

not a fan of RB/Qbs they dont last and has he ever passed for more that 3000 yds? what waste of GW resource.  Plus we already have Breece not too mention his cost and probably never ending contracts saga's like revis.

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

not a fan of RB/Qbs they dont last and has he ever passed for more that 3000 yds? what waste of GW resource.  Plus we already have Breece not too mention his cost and probably never ending contracts saga's like revis.

I don't want Jackson either given the cost, but no way the Jets are giving up two ones or most likely even one for Rodgers.

Just now, Green DNA said:

I don't want Jackson either given the cost, but no way the Jets are giving up two ones or most likely even one for Rodgers.

probably not but again I would not lose sleep over if they did - I dont think this is the strongest draft anyway imo...plus next year 1st will be the 31st selection anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

It is a terrible post.   Because it doesn’t belong on a Jets forum.   Having said that it’s also 100% true and I say that with great regret.   Now they are getting rid of standardized testing because it’s not “fair“ (aka the kids who work the hardest do better and since too many are Chinese we are getting rid of that criteria. ). Anyway let’s get Aaron Rodgers already and let’s go Jets!

Lmfao what the **** are you talking about

another delusional post

seek help

• Thumb Down 2

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

Possibly, could also speak to why they couldnt force turnovers during their collapse.  That said, there is also a gamble if you go that route w/ the pass rush and corners on the team.  Probably not exactly a recipe for success either. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - that if teams get more aggressive - turnovers will increase.  

Jets D will need to capitalize on the aggressiveness, but I do think they have the guys to do it.

50 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

1st round pick = 5 years of cost control of premium talent

Aaron freaking Donald was picked at or around #13

Micah Parsons went #12

Would be a ransom to pay for 1 year of a 40 year old AR, plus being on the hook for 110M gtd

2022 Jordan Davis Eagles 1 13 13 DT Georgia
2021 Rashawn Slater Chargers 1 13 13 G Northwestern
2020 Tristan Wirfs Buccaneers 1 13 13 T Iowa
2019 Christian Wilkins Dolphins 1 13 13 DT Clemson
2018 Da'Ron Payne Redskins 1 13 13 DT Alabama
2017 Haason Reddick Cardinals 1 13 13 LB Temple
2016 Laremy Tunsil Dolphins 1 13 13 T Mississippi
2015 Andrus Peat Saints 1 13 13 T Stanford
2014 Aaron Donald Rams 1 13 13 DT Pittsburgh
2013 Sheldon Richardson Jets 1 13 13 DT Missouri
2012 Michael Floyd Cardinals 1 13 13 WR Notre Dame
2011 Nick Fairley Lions 1 13 13 DT Auburn
2010 Brandon Graham Eagles 1 13 13 LB Michigan
2009 Brian Orakpo Redskins 1 13 13 LB Texas
2008 Jonathan Stewart Panthers 1 13 13 RB Oregon
2007 Adam Carriker Rams 1 13 13 DE Nebraska
2006 Kamerion Wimbley Browns 1 13 13 LB Florida State
2005 Jammal Brown Saints 1 13 13 T Oklahoma
2004 Lee Evans Bills 1 13 13 WR Wisconsin
2003 Ty Warren Patriots 1 13 13 DT Texas A&M
2002 Donte' Stallworth Saints 1 13 13 WR Tennessee
2001 Marcus Stroud Jaguars 1 13 13 DT Georgia
2000 John Abraham Jets 1 13 13 LB South Carolina
1999 Troy Edwards Steelers 1 13 13 WR Louisiana Tech
1998 Takeo Spikes Bengals 1 13 13 LB Auburn
1997 Tony Gonzalez Chiefs 1 13 13 TE California
1996 Walt Harris Bears 1 13 13 DB Mississippi State
1995 Mark Fields Saints 1 13 13 LB Washington State
1994 Joe Johnson Saints 1 13 13 DE Louisville
1993 Brad Hopkins Oilers 1 13 13 T Illinois
1992 Eugene Chung Patriots 1 13 13 T Virginia Tech
1991 Mike Pritchard Falcons 1 13 13 WR Colorado
1990 Percy Snow Chiefs 1 13 13 LB Michigan State
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, y2k8 said:
2022 Jordan Davis Eagles 1 13 13 DT Georgia
2021 Rashawn Slater Chargers 1 13 13 G Northwestern
2020 Tristan Wirfs Buccaneers 1 13 13 T Iowa
2019 Christian Wilkins Dolphins 1 13 13 DT Clemson
2018 Da'Ron Payne Redskins 1 13 13 DT Alabama
2017 Haason Reddick Cardinals 1 13 13 LB Temple
2016 Laremy Tunsil Dolphins 1 13 13 T Mississippi
2015 Andrus Peat Saints 1 13 13 T Stanford
2014 Aaron Donald Rams 1 13 13 DT Pittsburgh
2013 Sheldon Richardson Jets 1 13 13 DT Missouri
2012 Michael Floyd Cardinals 1 13 13 WR Notre Dame
2011 Nick Fairley Lions 1 13 13 DT Auburn
2010 Brandon Graham Eagles 1 13 13 LB Michigan
2009 Brian Orakpo Redskins 1 13 13 LB Texas
2008 Jonathan Stewart Panthers 1 13 13 RB Oregon
2007 Adam Carriker Rams 1 13 13 DE Nebraska
2006 Kamerion Wimbley Browns 1 13 13 LB Florida State
2005 Jammal Brown Saints 1 13 13 T Oklahoma
2004 Lee Evans Bills 1 13 13 WR Wisconsin
2003 Ty Warren Patriots 1 13 13 DT Texas A&M
2002 Donte' Stallworth Saints 1 13 13 WR Tennessee
2001 Marcus Stroud Jaguars 1 13 13 DT Georgia
2000 John Abraham Jets 1 13 13 LB South Carolina
1999 Troy Edwards Steelers 1 13 13 WR Louisiana Tech
1998 Takeo Spikes Bengals 1 13 13 LB Auburn
1997 Tony Gonzalez Chiefs 1 13 13 TE California
1996 Walt Harris Bears 1 13 13 DB Mississippi State
1995 Mark Fields Saints 1 13 13 LB Washington State
1994 Joe Johnson Saints 1 13 13 DE Louisville
1993 Brad Hopkins Oilers 1 13 13 T Illinois
1992 Eugene Chung Patriots 1 13 13 T Virginia Tech
1991 Mike Pritchard Falcons 1 13 13 WR Colorado
1990 Percy Snow Chiefs 1 13 13 LB Michigan State

Wow.  That’s a list that says “keep me” of the pick.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I do wonder though - have offenses played conservative against the Jets, knowing they couldn't score?

Will offenses be more aggressive now? Put up more points?

Fair point. But that should actually up some of our numbers like INTs and sacks. Teams play more aggressive generally means more mistakes. And we have the talent to make teams make mistakes on defense.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Notable that Brandt, Florio, and McAfee have all done some bar-lowering for the compensation the past two days. That’d be coming from the Packers side, who need to stop their dimwit fanbase from thinking they’re getting two firsts and Sauce Gardner.

Almost every major media member who was screaming that the Packers have all the leverage have been walking that back since then. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Notable that Brandt, Florio, and McAfee have all done some bar-lowering for the compensation the past two days. That’d be coming from the Packers side, who need to stop their dimwit fanbase from thinking they’re getting two firsts and Sauce Gardner.

Setting expectations.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ptisme said:

Except nobody knows what’s going on.   GB may not want crazy value.   It’s possible the Jets offer is crazy low.   We don’t know 

The one thing we do know from someone involved in the situation is that Rodgers asked GB to “do the right thing” and make the trade happen.  You may not like him very much at this point, but he clearly was pointing the finger at GB for holding things up.  You would think if he observed that the Jets were the ones lowballing, he would have at least said something more ambiguous.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MykePM said:

The one thing we do know from someone involved in the situation is that Rodgers asked GB to “do the right thing” and make the trade happen.  You may not like him very much at this point, but he clearly was pointing the finger at GB for holding things up.  You would think if he observed that the Jets were the ones lowballing, he would have at least said something more ambiguous.

For him to say that, in public, means the Packers have been clowning around 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I actually love Rodgers.   And I like him as a person as well.    You may be right but it also may be that Rodgers thinks the packers owe it to him to let him leave for less than fair value and that’s why he pointed them out.   Rodgers is motivated to have his new team with the maximum amount of draft picks to help him win.  

• Upvote 1