Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Simply well stated

Thanks man!

We are playing the Rodgers game.  When you play to win, the key is to Shower him with LOVE and ADORATION.

Does it look silly at times?  Sure…. But it’s the game we chose.  It’s the same game GB is tired of playing..

The Jets brass decided it was worth playing because losing out on Carr wasn’t a death knell and a pivot to other options wasn’t as bad as it looked to some fans.

Let’s see if they win their bet?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i got it from the start.  it's cool if a guy wants to show support for a guy but when it's obvious someone in the org told these guys to all tweet things out - it reeks of desperation.  it's turning into a SOJF sh!tshow.  can't hold up the entire franchise from some weirdo that has to slam some ayahuasca to decided his future.

Why would they choose Conklin, Hardee, and Will Parks to recruit Rodgers lol

Sauce and Hall make sense

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Wasn’t this kind of expected?

1. 75% of us wanted to shoot for Rodgers (according to a poll on this site).  Many didn’t even want to consider Carr .. who the Jets tried to keep warm

2. Rodgers has performed this do I want to stay song and dance w/ GB before.  This is NOT a Jets centric issue.  It’s a Rodgers centric one

3. Is it March 12th yet?  NO .. so the ‘waiting game’ continues

SMH at the hypocrites who only wanted Rodgers and are now blaming the Jets for ‘looking bad’.

The jets are playing the risk reward game here. Yes, there is a probability that Rodgers retires but the Jets are betting that money and potential glory will fuel his massive ego to return.  And the reward for them could be a lot bigger than the cost given the market for top tier ego driven QBs is low as we approach the draft and with Watson & Wilson a very raw memory.

This is smart business even if it’s not a guarantee.

Agreed.  I wanted nothing to do with Derek Carr because I didn't think his ceiling was high enough.  If Rodgers can bounce back, however, he gives us a shot to be a real contender though.  That's worth taking a shot at, even if we risk losing all the other options from Carr on down.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

So some of the waiting may be because the jets / packers haven’t ironed out the trade part of the deal and figuring out contract details. Some of you guys putting this wait all on Rodgers is nutty. Lots of moving parts to this deal. 

6E10F206-5033-4671-94C3-7D8E60F357D2.png

F10C672A-B291-423A-B63D-892B21F3A69D.png

I have taken my shots at Woody but in this particular case - he and the Jets brass have done everything they can to bring him here.

If Rodgers does not happen, it is either his personal decision or from a business perspective,, it simply was not in the best interest of the org.

Don't want to see fire JD posts or Woody f'd this up if he does not come here. They truly have done everything they can. Having said that - cmon Aaron - come on over and let's give this a ride for 2 years. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, extmenace said:

So some of the waiting may be because the jets / packers haven’t ironed out the trade part of the deal and figuring out contract details. Some of you guys putting this wait all on Rodgers is nutty. Lots of moving parts to this deal. 

6E10F206-5033-4671-94C3-7D8E60F357D2.png

F10C672A-B291-423A-B63D-892B21F3A69D.png

i really hope that this saga ends today

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I have taken my shots at Woody but in this particular case - he and the Jets brass have done everything they can to bring him here.

If Rodgers does not happen, it is either his personal decision or from a business perspective,, it simply was not in the best interest of the org.

Don't want to see fire JD posts or Woody f'd this up if he does not come here. They truly have done everything they can. Having said that - cmon Aaron - come on over and let's give this a ride for 2 years. 

Yep, for all we know, Aaron has already signed off and said make it happen. It could now just be about getting the jets and packers on the same page.

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

God Russini is such a dolt. She presented literally nothing new in those tweets. 

She said the jets and packers are still working on the trade and contract. If you’ve read half the posts here, you’d of thought everything was done and Aaron Rodgers is being a drama queen and dragging this out.

• The Jets have to move onto other options when FA starts, for strategic and practical reasons. 
  • I think practically the Jets will have to solidify their offense for Rodgers, and let the defense wing it.  So guys like Lawson would be cut so the Jets could sign a FA Veteran C, like McGovern or Lindsey. We either draft another T or get Bakhtiari.  I vote for the draft.  

1 hour ago, Greg555 said:

Dreaming:

Rodgers signs without giving up our 13 pick for a top Olineman. Becton returns - a man transformed in body and mind.  Breece regains his top running back form. Defense is top 3 in the league, etc, etc.

Plus, Jets…for the 1st time in ages avoid a massive amount of injuries.

Super Bowl bound. ? 

Well we still have to get past Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen.

IF this happens, we’d need Rodgers to be a lot better than he was last year to win it all.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

FG, can you comment on the importance of bringing in a WR familiar with Rodgers and his “nuances”? I believe Allen Lazard would be a player Rodgers would push for to be signed while filling a need. We need a big receiver (6’3 / 230 / 4.55 speed to fill Corey Davis role and can coach up GW on what AR likes. 

I doubt JD would trade for Hopkins & that contract. Lazard would cost  around $12m and provide an instant connection with AR.

I could also see Cobb replacing Berrios. They are the same player.

From the Jets perspective: they have had the plan internally to include Rodgers on some personnel decisions if they land him, which includes WR. They have a core piece in Garrett Wilson, otherwise things are flexible. Davis may or may not be back and it’s even possible (likely?) he’s included in a trade. The team believes in Elijah Moore’s talent but Rodgers will not tolerate the antics—if he doesn’t buckle up and shut up he’d be gone. Assuming he stays under control my guess is he’ll be the primary slot receiver. The team is also bullish on Denzel Mims talent but he’s another guy who I can see in a trade to GB as he fits the “type” of receiver they look for and were reportedly planning on taking him at 62 in 2020. Berrios is who he is as a contributor and an elite PR, but at his salary there’s a good chance they go their separate ways. 

From my perspective Rodgers seems to look at and speak about WRs like a scout would and understands the importance of having different types of guys play different roles in the offense. I can imagine him type-casting Wilson in the Adams role, Moore in the Cobb role, Mims in the MVS role, etc. Rodgers is an anticipation thrower who routinely throws to “spots”, so he‘s a stickler for guys running the right routes and being at the right spot at the right time because in his view, he and his receivers need to be on the same page and to see the defense as one. Despite the talent we have at WR this was a problem last year and the hope is bringing in new coaching will help solve it, but it would only seem natural that Rodgers wants one of his guys in that room to help teach the others what he expects… assuming Davis is gone, that leaves an open spot for a big bodied possession receiver; the natural fit would be Allen Lazard. It wouldn’t be cheap but they can probably get him for something like 3-years, $40 million which I think they would be willing to do. If it’s not Davis or Lazard him it’s hard to say. Could it be Jakobi Meyers? Could it be Courtland Sutton (on the trade block)? How about Michael Thomas? Other receivers Rodgers apparentlywanted to play with in the past/is friendly with that could be available include Hopkins (I agree trade won’t work), OBJ, Adam Theilen, Allen Robinson… my money is on Davis or Lazard but let’s get Rodgers first then worry about that. As for Randall Cobb, I think the Jets would welcome him here in a limited role, but there’s also question whether he wants to keep playing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1