Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

I've said several times that Rodgers will be signed...still sticking to that.  However, IF they don't sign him, I think the Jets will say they couldn't commit to Rodgers list of Packer players he wanted them to sign.  Listen, he has said he doesn't want to interfere with FA signings which starts unofficially on Monday and officially on Wednesday...so, he and the Jets have until Sunday to make it happen. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Industry? I thought he was just a fan with a blog

He works for ESPN radio in Houston.  He does the YouTube stuff on the side because he's a Jets fan (and probably to help his career aspirations to work in NYC).  He filled-in for Michael Kay in NY not that long ago too.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I caught this.  Totally tongue in cheek but was still pretty funny.  Fwiw Boomer keeps saying it’s a done deal he’s coming.

Not a Boomer fan but he obviously has numerous contacts throughout the league and I would think he is stating this based on credible information and not just trying to get a reaction on the radio.

Let's hope

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Not a Boomer fan but he obviously has numerous contacts throughout the league and I would think he is stating this based on credible information and not just trying to get a reaction on the radio.

Let's hope

Although I also believe it's a done deal already, Boomer talks out of his ass... routinely.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

Don't worry about it, man. You said he wasn't coming

You’re right. He’s not. How many times has this happened to us? I want us to move on and actually find someone who wants to be here. 

We cannot go into the 2023 season with our current QBs. I would shift my attention to Lamar Jackson. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

IMO...

Based on multiple reports, it seems to me that an agreement has been reached. I also feel confident the holdup is Rodgers giving the final go ahead. Like everyone else here I feel like I want to jump out of my skin, but I think some of you are thinking too much. You are making yourselves (and the rest of us here) crazy. It was only 2 days ago that the Jets contingent flew home. The man is making a major life decision and I cannot fault him for mulling it over for few days... but dammit, I wish he would agree already!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is going to drag out until 4pm ET Wednesday.

The one thing that seems a sure thing is Rodgers won't be back with GB as their starter.

I think it's the Jets or retirement.  Maybe AR and GB agree to restructure and essentially give him some kind of golden parachute for doing nothing.

Thats the thing, it really can't. The legal tampering period starts Monday, the Jets need to know what their plan of action is. This has to end by sunday.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I've said several times that Rodgers will be signed...still sticking to that.  However, IF they don't sign him, I think the Jets will say they couldn't commit to Rodgers list of Packer players he wanted them to sign.  Listen, he has said he doesn't want to interfere with FA signings which starts unofficially on Monday and officially on Wednesday...so, he and the Jets have until Sunday to make it happen. 

Rodgers guys sans Bak will all be minimal contracts..   Lazard they may have to pay 10 M for if he's one of the guys.

1 hour ago, Vader said:

It is exactly how negotiations work. The post is based on GB being the knuckle dragging party. Obviously this is speculation bc no one really knows but it seems to jive w most recent reports. Anyway, when a party dilates in order string out a deal to the finish line, that move in a negotiation needs to be countered -- and let's understand, if no deal is done by Monday, JD and the Jets are so balls deep into AR, without getting in on the market of any other QB -- it really hurts the Orgs ability to conduct FA.

Negotiating is a game, with strategy and moves. The rational move would be to break the GB-induced impasse by threatening alternatives. This would force GB off of whatever demands it has and towards the Jets target bid. GB can't trade him if there's no one to trade him to. Don't forget good faith and relationships are part of this.

If GB's actions wind up damaging JD's ability to conduct FA or were not in good faith, the league will note this. Relationships matter. 

It's fine if you want to revise your post to be more narrow than what you wrote. It doesn't really change that you're still describing some TV drama version of negotiations. 

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Damn Rodgers has Rap tiptoeing around this situation, he sounds like one of us talking about this situation lmfao

My best guess is the jets aren’t willing to part with high picks and eat money if he’s only going to commit to one year, Rodgers doesn’t know if he’ll play two more years & the gripe is about GB still wanting what they want out of NY, despite all of that.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Rodgers guys sans Bak will all be minimal contracts..   Lazard they may have to pay 10 M for if he's one of the guys.

It's not necessarily about the bucks.  It may be that the Jets are not on board with the players...they may like what we have right now.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

My best guess is the jets aren’t willing to part with high picks and eat money if he’s only going to commit to one year, Rodgers doesn’t know if he’ll play two more years & the gripe is about GB still wanting what they want out of NY, despite all of that.

No, all of the speculation about picks, players, money -- no. 

Just waiting on Aaron. That's it. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

It's fine if you want to revise your post to be more narrow than what you wrote. It doesn't really change that you're still describing some TV drama version of negotiations. 

I do this for a living bud, and I watch news all day.