Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

It probably won’t BUT it could. 

So he’s the backup. What happens if they start out 0-3 and Love sucks. 

I'm only stating what Murphy said when asked. 

They’re rebuilding, so Love would stay the starter. Rodgers would probably retire halfway through the season if that happened

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Jets leverage will increase as time goes on too. If I were JD I would take my merry time waiting until GB takes the price.

I agree.  I think right now Green Bay's leverage is at its highest.  Just before the first week of FA- when the top FA's are being signed.  I'm sure the Jets would like to have Rodgers on board as they head into FA.

But once it gets past that - then the Jets position gets stronger every day.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I just meant announced to the world. We’d know. Who gives a sh*t about a press conference, I wasn’t referring to that 

Okay, my whole point was, some guy Stu reported there is a press conference tomorrow with JD, Woody, and Saleh, announcing the Jets traded for Aaron Rodgers and I said BS. Thats all.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree.  I think right now Green Bay's leverage is at its highest.  Just before the first week of FA- when the top FA's are being signed.  I'm sure the Jets would like to have Rodgers on board as they head into FA.

Time for Woody, Saleh and JD to fly to see Jimmy G

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This board is basically:  "anyone but Zach Wilson" 

*except for Rodgers, Carr, Lamar, Tannehill, Geno, Jimmy G, Mayfield, Darnold, Minshew, any first round QB, anyone with a lot of experience, everyone with no experience, any "running QB", any non-athletic QB, anyone retired, anyone who has mentioned retirement in the last 7 years, divas, anyone too nice, Daniel Jones, Wentz . . . 

Love how you listed Jones and Wentz at the end as if they didn’t fit into any of the categories you’d listed prior, lol.  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sorry I was too busy letting another man f**k my wife while I watched.  What did I miss?  

It’s his his cousin. If I remember correctly, she used to work for an NFL team, but has more contacts with the Jets (or something like that).

Anyway, she told him earlier today that the Panthers were looking to trade up to the #1 pick, and sure enough they did just that a few hours later.

@section314 nailed the trade compensation on the head. We don’t know if he has any cousins in the NFL however.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

are you kidding?  once FA starts those other QBs arent going to last too long. then we have nothing.

this could be the worst offseason in NFL history, or the stupidest run one. 

a solid QB like Carr almost never becomes a UFA and we didnt even make him a serious offer. if Jimmy G gets signed soon then we have zero leverage. we cant walk away with Brisset or Minchew after all the option we had and we only really tried for Rodgers.

that would be a huge disaster that its so bad that Goodall should take the team away from Woody for incompetence.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If I remember correctly it’s his his cousin. She used to work for an NFL team, but has more contacts with the Jets (or something like that).

Anyway, she told him earlier today that the Panthers were looking to trade up to the #1 pick, and sure enough they did just that a few hours later.

@section314 nailed the trade compensation to the tee. We don’t know if he has any cousins in the NFL however.

Gotcha, thanks.  Panthers are dumb lol.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

are you kidding?  once FA starts those other QBs arent going to last too long. then we have nothing.

a solid QB like Carr almost never becomes a UFA and we didnt even make him a serious offer. if Jimmy G gets signed soon then we have zero leverage. we cant walk away with Brisset or Minchew after all the option we had and we only really tried for Rodgers.

that would be a huge disaster that its so bad that Goodall should take the team away from Woody for incompetence.

Relax Rodgers is our QB

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

9 hours ago, oatmeal said:

The packers are tossing A Rod like a dirty condom you think he really gives af about some twenty somethings burning a foam cheese replica?

Christ step outside 

Went outside but yea Nah still cringe. 

not that it matters, but it is  lol

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

t's not about the other QB's.  

Rodgers wants to be here and Rodgers will end up here  - there's close to no scenario in which that doesn't happen anymore. It's Just a matter of when and for how much.. 

GB HAS to move him - The Jets don't necessarily need him.  Right now it's a stand off between the Jet and GB on comp.  The Jets have more leverage than GB, might not be a lot more - but they do have more. -  that's all I'm saying.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

GB HAS to move him - The Jets don't necessarily need him.  Right now it's a stand off between the Jet and GB on comp.  The Jets have more leverage than GB, might not be a lot more - but they do have more. -  that's all I'm saying.

You are correct, the Jets don’t necessarily need him. They could try for Goroppolo or trade for Tannehill or make an offer for LJ.

GB on the other hand would either play AR and fail to gauge Love; or play Love and bench AR & have a divided locker room and fan base. Rodgers would make GM & Pres. of football Ops. lives a living hell.

Were still in the CatBird seat

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

That doesn't answer his question. Assume Rodgers is out for a moment.  Who do you want to get to play ahead of Zach Wilson in '23? Garoppolo?  Dalton?  Minshew?  Give us a name or two before rejecting Carr Rodgers.  Why is it a certainty that no matter what the Jets choose, we  kind of know your reaction already?  Just saying.  So who then?   IMO, Rodgers-to-G Wilson with a solid run game will be better than anything we've seen in decades.  It seems like you want the same ol' sh*t.

I've been on record for Jimmy G weeks ago 

He's a cold weather guy 

Just as much injury risk as Rodgers at like half the price 

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1