Jets release Berrios

48 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Too bad we won’t get to see him with an OC who knows what they’re doing

was looking forward to 5 foot nothing Berrios not being the #1 receiver on the outside 

He got his previous fat contract BECAUSE of the same oc

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Because lawson is not very good and very overpaid. Ditto JFM. I don’t think we release both. But 1 should go.  Didn’t we just draft a DE with 1 of our first round picks last year? 

Lawson is iffy without a pay cut/restructuring.  JFM isn't going anywhere (in spite of the dumbest penalty of the 2022 season)

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

umm why tf would we release two intrigual parts of our dline? The most successful part of our team was the DLine and you want to get rid of guys

Shuffling in new DL every year is going to be a thing, given that no one on the DL seems to play much more than 65 % of the snaps.  

Hopefully Jermaine Johnson becomes a thing next year so Carl Lawson will be an afterthought, whether Lawson is on the roster or not.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Looks like your self-imposed time out did nothing for you or the rest of this board. Back to this again. Please finish your sentences: "It was a bad throw because it was thrown by Mike White."

Come on, that wasn't a little funny?

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Shuffling in new DL every year is going to be a thing, given that no one on the DL seems to play much more than 65 % of the snaps.  

Hopefully Jermaine Johnson becomes a thing next year so Carl Lawson will be an afterthought, whether Lawson is on the roster or not.  

Maybe IDL but not EDGE rushers. Still a primo position 

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Maybe IDL but not EDGE rushers. Still a primo position 

Well yes but my point still remains the same, the only difference is we're constantly going to be using high picks on EDGE guys.  Wouldn't be surprised if we take one within the first 3 rounds in basically every draft going forward.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Given your history, I didn't pick up any humor. If that's what you were going for - kudos.

I was legit kidding.  but you're right impossible to tell.  

I'm really trying to get past all the Zach, Mike White sh*t (as talents anyway - personal attacks are still annoying).

We're about to get a new QB - that hopefully everyone's behind.

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He was an obvious cap casualty. Hopefully lawson and or JFM is next 

I don't know, but am guessing it won't be JFM, but imo Lawson yes and probably both Davises.

JFM has brain farts, but he's a more-rounded player & stays healthy. They have a couple young edge guys they just drafted plus am figuring they're going to RFA-tag Huff as well. Beyond those guys they can also add cheaper depth but should be a far cry from using up Lawson's $15MM savings. 

• Upvote 2