OBJ not asking for 20 Million

14 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I doubt he takes equal to or less than 11 million (average receiver market now), based on his name/ego.

I think 12-14 million for 1 year gets it done for whoever signs him.

if he took the same deal Lazard got, which is essentially 2 for 22, I think that's fair.

• Upvote 1

A couple of things.

1. OBJ is washed up, injury prone and plain sucks at this point in his career. No thank you. 

2. ARod said he had a wishlist. Not a list of demands. I doubt if JD doesn't bring everyone he wants on board he will refuse to play for the Jets. JD already signed his top request, Lazard. 

• Upvote 4

OBJ the player I wouldn’t mind giving a contract to with a lot of incentives. Just not sure how his personality would fit in here with how deep our WR room would be. GW should remain the #1 and after that targets are likely pretty even between what would be Moore, Lazard and OBJ. I’m not overly familiar with Hackett’s system…. Maybe he runs a lot of 4 WR sets. But if OBJ who’s been known to be a problem, Moore who just requested a trade last year all don’t get targets. It could go sour. I would say winning shuts people up. But Moore was complaining last year when we were winning. So we know he’s not above that.

19 minutes ago, PepPep said:

A couple of things.

1. OBJ is washed up, injury prone and plain sucks at this point in his career. No thank you. 

2. ARod said he had a wishlist. Not a list of demands. I doubt if JD doesn't bring everyone he wants on board he will refuse to play for the Jets. JD already signed his top request, Lazard. 

I’d love her Hopkins but at this point it’s chips all in

27 minutes ago, Icer said:

Rather give those targets to Elijah than OBJ at this point. 

If Elijah can learn to be where he is supposed to be when he’s supposed to be  there he will be a star.   If not, cut him free for whatever you can get.

But agree, he’s worth another year with good coaching.   I don’t think the WRs have been getting help the last 2 seasons so it’s impossible to know what they can become.   Not impossible to know he’s got a high ceiling as a slot.  

• Upvote 1

This franchise once, very recently, gave a near paralyzed Quincy Enunwa $9M per. 

Trade Davis, trade Moore, bring in OBJ for 2/$24M. Wilson, Lazard, OBJ, Cobb/Thielen, Breece Hall, whoever, with ARod is elite+

At this point, I keep Moore, he has 0 value in a trade. Line him up in the slot and see if he finds success with Rodgers/Hacket.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

If for some reason Corey Davis is traded or released I'd love to replace him with Odell Beckham Jr.

Pretty sure lazard fills the corey Davis role. Obj would likely mean elijah is gone also.  If elijah didn't like his role last year he isn't going to like being the #4.....

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If Jets sign Rodgers where does it leave us money wise on cap considering AR's salary and how much of it Jets will be paying. It might not leave much for the rest of the roster. We already have a number one receiver.

Last time I looked we were sitting at $11m, we need almost $16 for Rodgers + $4m for our draft. Corey Davis is likely to be cut or traded to make up the additional cap space needed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

Hard no.  He was a really good player on the Giants and they couldn't get rid of him fast enough.  His antics make him toxic, especially in a young WR room.

OBJ was in the locker room of the rams when they won a super bowl. He isn't someone you want on a young team, with a young QB, but this isn't a young rebuilding team anymore with Rodgers. 

38 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This franchise once, very recently, gave a near paralyzed Quincy Enunwa $9M per. 

Trade Davis, trade Moore, bring in OBJ for 2/$24M. Wilson, Lazard, OBJ, Cobb/Thielen, Breece Hall, whoever, with ARod is elite+

This should be the plan. We can probably get a 4th for Moore. Not great but he wont be a second contract player. Maybe see if we can get a FS for him or a LB.