Can we talk about Woody Johnson and how far he has come

Look I am not a Woody hater, at all in fact I think for the most part he is just a dude trying to make it work and gets terrible advice both hired and by those around him. But every Since Joe has shown up he as consistently allowed Joe to restructure this FO, Team and power structure. Big thinks like GM/HC>owner dynamic but also little things like just stepping back and letting Joe do his job. 

Its amazing to read stuff like this. Its actually great. Yeah Woody you have what some would argue the biggest amount of time ever lettering your GM make all the big boy moves and now you have super stars drafted, a decently built and paid roster on the cusp of playoff and getting A freaking rodgers for a SB push. 

Its a great feeling right boss? lets keep it going. Dont screw it up now by trying anything. Just stick to that really important Owner duty of picking the team uniform on game day Joe entrusted you with. Like seriously. Love how Joe has made this steam function. .  .  

Also a weird comment by woody about fans wanting to kill him. I think this is him trying toi say he knows he has made mistakes but he really thought he was doing the rigth thing, but no one with any sense was around him or at least anyone that he was willing to actually listen to, but since Joe has joined the team he has seen that Joes approach is the right one and thankful to not be acting like an idiot anymore. Who want to do a White out week 1 right guys? whoo hoo go jets!!

woody2.png.dc7cd125426e2761bf6b532a304f58bb.pngwoody3.png.a06a0eb320a5e0985ecaf7f98a349af6.pngwoody.thumb.png.08b1d8acba37df029d71295fc71cc848.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Shut down a deal for Carr and now likely the driving force behind the Rodgers 1 year rental overpay if yesterday's report was accurate.  Awesome.

The scary part is you don't think this is awesome.....even tho you just invented it all in your head.  I give you credit tho you are still clinging to your Derek Carr delusions.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

He needs to hire someone that serves as a buffer between him and the GM on football decision.  Stay away from football operational decisions. 

If he wants to have his fingerprints in marketing, have at it.

This.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Nothing is more annoying than the guys who say “this has Woody’s fingerprint all over it” when something looks like it might end up bad, but if it turns out okay, it’s due to the genius of Joe Douglas.

That is your biggest annoyance in life? One time as a kid I was confronted by a gang of 8 teenagers that were wreaking havoc in the neighborhood. That was far more annoying to me.

Paper cuts are definitely the worst cuts though. That one I agree with.  L)

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

That is your biggest annoyance in life? One time as a kid I was confronted by a gang of 8 teenagers that were wreaking havoc in the neighborhood. That was far more annoying to me.

Paper cuts are definitely the worst cuts though. That one I agree with.  L)

I didn’t say “literally nothing is as annoying…” at least give me credit for that! ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

Every single positive move is due to Joe Douglas.

Woody didn’t even hire JD, his brother lucked into him following the worst coach in the NFL‘s recommendation, Adam Gase.

Woody’s awful. Absolutely awful. The only compliment I can give him is that he’s not cheap.

Yea Woody told JD to draft Becton and Wilson as well.............you guys need a reality check from time to time

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Look I am not a Woody hater, at all in fact I think for the most part he is just a dude trying to make it work and gets terrible advice both hired and by those around him. But every Since Joe has shown up he as consistently allowed Joe to restructure this FO, Team and power structure. Big thinks like GM/HC>owner dynamic but also little things like just stepping back and letting Joe do his job. 

Its amazing to read stuff like this. Its actually great. Yeah Woody you have what some would argue the biggest amount of time ever lettering your GM make all the big boy moves and now you have super stars drafted, a decently built and paid roster on the cusp of playoff and getting A freaking rodgers for a SB push. 

Its a great feeling right boss? lets keep it going. Dont screw it up now by trying anything. Just stick to that really important Owner duty of picking the team uniform on game day Joe entrusted you with. Like seriously. Love how Joe has made this steam function. .  .  

Also a weird comment by woody about fans wanting to kill him. I think this is him trying toi say he knows he has made mistakes but he really thought he was doing the rigth thing, but no one with any sense was around him or at least anyone that he was willing to actually listen to, but since Joe has joined the team he has seen that Joes approach is the right one and thankful to not be acting like an idiot anymore. Who want to do a White out week 1 right guys? whoo hoo go jets!!

woody2.png.dc7cd125426e2761bf6b532a304f58bb.pngwoody3.png.a06a0eb320a5e0985ecaf7f98a349af6.pngwoody.thumb.png.08b1d8acba37df029d71295fc71cc848.png

Excellent use of owner and social media to quash any notion that the owner will step in and overrule JD.  The target audience for those tweets was one person - Mark Murphy

31 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea Woody told JD to draft Becton and Wilson as well.............you guys need a reality check from time to time

All he said was that anything people are giving Woddy credit for was actually JD’s, not that JD’s failures were Woody’s. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

He’s not perfect no general manager hits on all their decisions, but we will be in the Super Bowl conversation this year – what more are you asking for?

• Upvote 1