Who is snapping the ball to AR in 23?

Couldn't help but notice the glaring hole at Center. Connor McGovern is still sitting in FA and the Jets seem not likely to retain him. The problem? He rates among the top 3-5 available centers on the market. Below is the list. If we take LT at 13 will JD use our other 2nd rounder on a center?(I assume we deal wthe other 2nd round in the trade) Is that smart? Or are we rolling with a 34 year old Ben Jones type? Have to be honest, it doesn't seem like many good options. 

image.png.4aabee37e5a2ddff648db81d2f21d223.png

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Couldn't help but notice the glaring hole at Center. Connor McGovern is still sitting in FA and the Jets seem not likely to retain him. The problem? He rates among the top 3-5 available centers on the market. Below is the list. If we take LT at 13 will JD use our other 2nd rounder on a center?(I assume we deal wthe other 2nd round in the trade) Is that smart? Or are we rolling with a 34 year old Ben Jones type? Have to be honest, it doesn't seem like many good options. 

Not sure who clapp is but now I want him. You see that??? Dude got clapped!!!

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

so this team will have 2 rookies, presumably, on the o-line?  a T and a C?

I don’t see any rookies starting on the line. Brown at LT, Tomnlinson LG, Vet C, AVT RG, Becton RT. 

Maybe if a LT is drafted in the 1st and overtakes brown which seems possible 

• Upvote 3

Obviously Connor McGovern wants more money than anyone wants to pay him, at this time.

I seem to recall some C being signed last year after the draft for surprisingly high money.  

I would have tried to extend CM for continuity, particularly with Rodgers coming.  But guys like CM, Corey D and Lawson are too expensive for a team paying a QB.  JD blew it by not finding a C in the lower rounds to develop sooner.   If Mims was what he was supposed be, Corey would be cut.  Elijah Moore required Hardman at 3x the cost.   With Huff, JJ2 and Clemons I don't know why we are paying Lawson $15mm. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, varjet said:

Obviously Connor McGovern wants more money than anyone wants to pay him, at this time.

I seem to recall some C being signed last year after the draft for surprisingly high money.  

I would have tried to extend CM for continuity, particularly with Rodgers coming.  But guys like CM, Corey D and Lawson are too expensive for a team paying a QB.  JD blew it by not finding a C in the lower rounds to develop sooner.   If Mims was what he was supposed be, Corey would be cut.  Elijah Moore required Hardman at 3x the cost.   With Huff, JJ2 and Clemons I don't know why we are paying Lawson $15mm. 

There were so many assignments missed or just being out of alignment the last few years. To me this falls on the C and OL coach. Both happen to be gone now 

44 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If only there were four months until training camp and five months until the first game to sign or draft a starting center.

We so screwed.

Fire JD.

41 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

wtf is wrong with you? Do you deny who is available and who is not? Do you deny we may or may not draft one? That was the hypothtical. Answer it or stop being a masive troll that you are

Now I can totally see how/why JD made the pretzel comment.  There are a lot of ways JD can potentially solve this issue (including trade) so let's not jump the gun here.  As IJ points out, there's still plenty of time here.  I'm sure JD has a plan.

15 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'd guess they're waiting on Ben Jones to decide if he wants to play...and play for us.

After that it will be draft and/or post-draft value/depth signing. McGovern could be brought back on the cheap for a 1-year deal if needed.

Isn't our new OL coach the former coach of the Titans, who was not necessarily well-liked.

So his former players are either dying to play here, or avoiding him. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

wtf is wrong with you? Do you deny who is available and who is not? Do you deny we may or may not draft one? That was the hypothtical. Answer it or stop being a masive troll that you are

Calm down Karen, JD will have a center by opening day!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

One of three options:

John Michael Schmit

Steve Avila

Joe Tippeman

We might sign Ben Jones or Connor McGovern, but I think we are drafting one of those guys to plug and play. 

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I don’t see any rookies starting on the line. Brown at LT, Tomnlinson LG, Vet C, AVT RG, Becton RT. 

Maybe if a LT is drafted in the 1st and overtakes brown which seems possible 

forget about becton

anyone factoring him in anywhere is being foolish...

• Sympathy 1