Odell visiting Jets on Monday

Just now, Tranquilo said:

The thing is, acting out on Baker is one thing. I don’t think he would pull that sh*t with Rodgers because Rodgers is good and he also wouldn’t deal with that sh*t

Maybe. He was a sh*thead with Eli, too. 

and what he did on that flight was very off putting. Just seems like a such a tool. Not sure he’s worth the gamble at this stage in his career, coming off an ACL. 

i can live with 1 year, 7-8 mill. I think more than that is no bueno. The key to making it work is not thinking of him as a central piece to the offense, but more like a great third option. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

I can probably talk myself into it but my gut reaction is this is a mistake. He's been hurt a ton and I am not really sure he's going to be into being the 2nd or 3rd option if he does wind up playing a ton. doubt the juice is worth the squeeze at this point in his career. 

He didn’t cause any problems when he played on the Rams while Cooper Kupp got targeted like 15 times a game. His teammates love him in the locker room. He’s older now, not a kid anymore. If he can stay healthy I think it’s a solid short term signing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't see "going all in" in the picture....there's no long term contracts and they aren't trading away all their draft picks....this team is built on young players not overpriced vets that we traded for.

Agreed. All in makes no sense. Rodgers will be here maybe 2 years. Lazards deal is a 2 year deal. I’m sure OBJs will be the same. Meantime we can continue to build thru the draft. When this trio of FAs is gone, we use that money to start signing our young players to extensions. 

• Upvote 3

I think we’re gonna be a top 3 offense after it’s all said and done. Plug a couple holes on the o line and this Jets team is going to be fun to watch to say the least.

Rodgers

Breece

GW OBJ Lazard Hardman Mims/Cobb?

Uzomah/Conklin

LT: Brown/ 1st rd rookie

LG: Tomlinson 

C  : Free agent (Ben Jones or Mcgovern)

RG: AVT

RT: Becton/Mitchell 

Who’s stopping us?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

They know Njigba will be gone by 13

There's layers to how much I don't like/agree with this post.

The notion that JSN's availability at #13 is somehow influencing decision making is like saying "why do I need a suit" in space

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Didn’t learn anything from last seasons OL issues?  You need more than 5 quality OL especially in an “all in win” season  

Anyone that makes a statement like "Becton is our (anything)" clearly hasn't watched this team in at least 3 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KINGDIRK said:

Agreed. All in makes no sense. Rodgers will be here maybe 2 years. Lazards deal is a 2 year deal. I’m sure OBJs will be the same. Meantime we can continue to build thru the draft. When this trio of FAs is gone, we use that money to start signing our young players to extensions. 

Exactly the all in narrative makes no sense right now....don't get me wrong they could decide to do it in Rodgers year two but right now it doesn't apply.

1 hour ago, KINGDIRK said:

He didn’t cause any problems when he played on the Rams while Cooper Kupp got targeted like 15 times a game. His teammates love him in the locker room. He’s older now, not a kid anymore. If he can stay healthy I think it’s a solid short term signing. 

No doubt there's a high upside. I'd love to be wrong about it 

5 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Mecole Hardman and Lazard with GW is a nice upgrade over what we had. OBJ on a $5M contract is about all he is worth.

He's going to get more than that. I just like that he is WR 3 at best. Nice depth piece.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

There's layers to how much I don't like/agree with this post.

The notion that JSN's availability at #13 is somehow influencing decision making is like saying "why do I need a suit" in space

JSN is elite. Just embrace it!

8 hours ago, prime21 said:

I haven’t played Madden in years but I may come out of retirement for the Jets in Madden24.

Same but if we ever randomly matchup online in a game with the same team. Accept my friendly quit and don't be the guy who declines and we have to finish the game Jets vs Jets lol

• Haha 1

7. Potential sleeper: Everybody loves a good long-shot story, right? For the next few months, keep an eye on wide receiver Irvin Charles, who made the practice squad last season as an undrafted free agent out of Indiana University (Pa.). He impressed last season on the practice field and has carried that momentum into the offseason with his studious approach. The team is stacked at receiver, but Charles (listed as 6-foot-4, 219 pounds) is big enough to be a flex tight end. Interesting prospect.

I'm rooting for Irv - not as a flex tho...

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

He's going to get more than that. I just like that he is WR 3 at best. Nice depth piece.

I wonder how much JD can keep his word to Hardman, when he promised him a greater role than he had at KC, and keeping a guy like OBJ happy with limited PT?

Good problem to have, but when The Athletic surveyed 26 top NFL Agents, Joe D is one of the least trusted GMs in the league. Is this something that works in Jets favor in the future? Eagles GM least trusted by agents. Bills GM most trusted.

10. Among GMs or front-office leaders, whom do you trust the least?

Eagles GM Howie Roseman (four votes)

• “I don’t trust what comes out of his mouth because he lied to me.”

• “I don’t think he’s very transparent. He kind of tells you what you think you want to hear. He does the same thing with the players.”

Jets front office (four votes)

• “I trust them the least, but (GM) Joe Douglas I actually trust as a man. There’s a lot of s— going on in that building, whether it’s (senior director, football administration) Dave Socie or their f—— ownership.”

• “Joe Douglas because he just doesn’t communicate. Just does not communicate at all.”

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Has to be trolling.  No one can seriously think a TE would be a smart pick in anything other than  a late round flyer. 

Depends on the intentions of JD with the restructures of Conklin and Uzomah. IMO they locked them in for these next 2 years, and TE is a non factor....

BUT, IF

1) the intention was to lower cap hit this year to cut next year and

2) JD believes he doesn't have to use a 1st to solve the future of OT

Then I would be tempted to get a top TE. I think Kincaid is the best receiver in this class.

• More Ugh 1

10 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think we’re gonna be a top 3 offense after it’s all said and done. Plug a couple holes on the o line and this Jets team is going to be fun to watch to say the least.

Rodgers

Breece

GW OBJ Lazard Hardman Mims/Cobb?

Uzomah/Conklin

LT: Brown/ 1st rd rookie

LG: Tomlinson 

C  : Free agent (Ben Jones or Mcgovern)

RG: AVT

RT: Becton/Mitchell 

Who’s stopping us?

To answer your question possibly breece not being 100 percent 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The value of Beckham (vs Davis or a rookie) is that he can’t be covered by your CB2 or CB3, which would show up during a playoff run. Corey Davis would get locked up by safeties and JAGs. A rookie 3rd rounder probably isn’t developing in time to earn Rodgers’ trust. I’d imagine the sales pitch to Beckham will revolve around him being a part-time player in the regular season, but getting a bunch of targets when it counts. 

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Depends on the intentions of JD with the restructures of Conklin and Uzomah. IMO they locked them in for these next 2 years, and TE is a non factor....

BUT, IF

1) the intention was to lower cap hit this year to cut next year and

2) JD believes he doesn't have to use a 1st so solve the future of OT

Then I would be tempted to get a top TE. I think Kincaid is the best receiver in this class.

No question Kincaid is a player. But we’re a win now team the second we decided to go after AR. So we can’t use the 13th pick on a guy that won’t be a starter or big time  contributor. That’s why I’m having a hard time figuring out who I want us to draft. Is an OT at 13 for sure starting over Becton or Brown? A DT maybe would start but likely getting less than 50% of defensive snaps. We sign OBJ… a WR is 5th on the depth chart. A TE would be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. Only position we can actually look at right now and say the guy we’d draft at 13 would be our starter is C. And drafting a C at 13 is too high IMO. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No question Kincaid is a player. But we’re a win now team the second we decided to go after AR. So we can’t use the 13th pick on a guy that won’t be a starter or big time  contributor. That’s why I’m having a hard time figuring out who I want us to draft. Is an OT at 13 for sure starting over Becton or Brown? A DT maybe would start but likely getting less than 50% of defensive snaps. We sign OBJ… a WR is 5th on the depth chart. A TE would be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. Only position we can actually look at right now and say the guy we’d draft at 13 would be our starter is C. And drafting a C at 13 is too high IMO. 

Unless Douglas is a reckless idiot, he simply can not trust our current starting OTs.  Notwithstanding all the  year-long talk about not picking OL in rd 1 this year, @slats et al. I think if the right guy is there, you go OT in rd 1.  Otherwise trade down and amass some day 2 picks if possible

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

sure but that does not mean you need a 1st round back up

Anyone expecting Brown to play all 17 games this season?  Anyone?

I also wouldn’t rule out Douglas taking a C somewhere in the 1st (then an OT in the 2nd) but definitely in the 2nd. 

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Unless Douglas is a reckless idiot, he simply can not trust our current starting OTs.  Notwithstanding all the  year-long talk about not picking OL in rd 1 this year, @slats et al. I think if the right guy is there, you go OT in rd 1.  Otherwise trade down and amass some day 2 picks if possible

I want OT there too. I’d optimistically say that guy could beat out Brown. Or put that pressure on Laken at LG. Just put the best 5 out there. Skoronski is interesting bc you probably can even try him at C if you wanted. So you could draft him (if still there) plan on playing him at OT or C and if the draft falls where we love a C at 42 or 43. Then draft them and you have Sko move back out to OT or OG.