Outside of Aaron Rodgers/Lazard, which vet newcomer are you most excited about?

The Rodgers/Lazard combo has dominated the headlines for obvious reasons but not much talk about Chuck Clark, Quinton Jefferson, Randall Cobb, Mecole Hardman, Al Woods, Wes Schweitzer, Trystan Colon.

Which player are you most looking forward to seeing and why?  I'm gonna' go with Quinton Jefferson.  Underrated signing IMO who does a good job of disrupting opposing QBs.

Do draft picks count?

Will McDonald. Hated the pick at first and now I kinda love it. He’s got the athletic traits to be a stud edge rusher and the production from a major conference to back it up. This team has missed a true edge threat who can close a game as much as they have missed QB. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Do draft picks count?

Will McDonald. Hated the pick at first and now I kinda love it. He’s got the athletic traits to be a stud edge rusher and the production from a major conference to back it up. This team has missed a true edge threat who can close a game as much as they have missed QB. 

I'm of the same mind. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

The Rodgers/Lazard combo has dominated the headlines for obvious reasons but not much talk about Chuck Clark, Quinton Jefferson, Randall Cobb, Mecole Hardman, Al Woods, Wes Schweitzer, Trystan Colon.

Which player are you most looking forward to seeing and why?  I'm gonna' go with Quinton Jefferson.  Underrated signing IMO who does a good job of disrupting opposing QBs.

Personally, I don't find any of those names "exciting". 

They're all/mostly role players at best, backups at worst.

• Upvote 1

That this thread is about which veteran newcomer of a list is most exciting and we’ve got four (or five) posts about rookies, two posts about a player already on the team, two posts about a player not listed, and one saying none of them are exciting tells you how exciting that list of players is.

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

Boring selection, but I have a feeling that Chuck Clark is going to be a fan favorite by the end of the season.

This would be my choice as well because I think he's going to fill the biggest void.  He's a versatile safety w/ some throw back to him.  Covers the TE and the flats well, plays great down hill w/ awesome balance and discipline.  He'll knock a head off too, so I just think he brings nastiness and attitude to the secondary as well.  He's trending in the direction of one of those safeties you have to find presnap because you can move him so much. 

just a highlight reel but you can see his versatility and how the Ravens lined him up all over and asked him to do a little of everything:

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

This would be my choice as well because I think he's going to fill the biggest void.  He's a versatile safety w/ some throw back to him.  Covers the TE and the flats well, plays great down hill w/ awesome balance and discipline.  He'll knock a head off too, so I just think he brings nastiness and attitude to the secondary as well.  He's trending in the direction of one of those safeties you have to find presnap because you can move him so much. 

just a highlight reel but you can see his versatility and how the Ravens lined him up all over and asked him to do a little of everything:

Excellent video.  I hope we continue to use him as a chess piece all over the defense.  

He was an underrated/forgotten move bc of his position and moreso bc the cost to acquire was so low.

I'll go with Hardman on offense.  Explosive player, great on trick play and on returns.

Clark on defense, especially if they cut Whitehead.  Strong tackler will improve run defense.  Finally, someone who can cover the tight end.  Two weak spots on an otherwise strong defense.

The OP is talking specifically about VET newcomers. 

Becton is not technically a newcomer. Rookies are obviously not vets. Not sure why some jumped at specifying these guys. 

I will go with with Quinton Jefferson as well. This guy is known for being a penetrating/attacking DT that can get after the QB. I think he will flourish playing next to Q and the rotation of DEs and Edges we now have. There are just too many guys for the O-line to worry about on passing downs.

Jefferson, IMO, may not get a ton of reps due to our D-line rotation but he will be the de-facto starter next to Q and I think he will have an opportunity to make a substantial impact.  

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

The OP is talking specifically about VET newcomers. 

Becton is not technically a newcomer. Rookies are obviously not vets. Not sure why some jumped at specifying these guys. 

I will go with with Quinton Jefferson as well. This guy is known for being a penetrating/attacking DT that can get after the QB. I think he will flourish playing next to Q and the rotation of DEs and Edges we now have. There are just too many guys for the O-line to worry about on passing downs.

Jefferson, IMO, may not get a ton of reps due to our D-line rotation but he will be the de-facto starter next to Q and I think he will have an opportunity to make a substantial impact.  

True becton isn’t a newcomer but he hasn’t been on the field for nearly two seasons and his play will have a huge impact on the teams direction. Possibly more than any other player except maybe Zach.