Let’s talk about Zach Wilson

What’s “fake news”? I was just giving an opinion on how this year’s preseason with extra reps can be helpful. 
Fair ... But couched with 'getting a ton of zero pressure snaps'.

A lot of QBs experience huge pressure in the pre-season because of sloppy play all around them. Especially in the OL.

One of the reasons pre-season games sucks and are near unwatchable ... Typically horrid football...

.... here are some examples of devastating zero pressure games in the pre-season ...e072a7bf7ec726ac09cc3068115b7d41.jpg24c2b4a9018b7a8b394c8deeeb785f66.jpgc2c8365c6210612f8cec965a6756675b.jpg5af380726c978b744bd6be93346bbc69.jpgcb47832981880401fab7bf7a82c4e075.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Fair ... But couched with 'getting a ton of zero pressure snaps'.

A lot of QBs experience huge pressure in the pre-season because of sloppy play all around them. Especially in the OL.

One of the reasons pre-season games sucks and are near unwatchable ... Typically horrid football...

.... here are some examples of devastating zero pressure games in the pre-season ...e072a7bf7ec726ac09cc3068115b7d41.jpg24c2b4a9018b7a8b394c8deeeb785f66.jpgc2c8365c6210612f8cec965a6756675b.jpg5af380726c978b744bd6be93346bbc69.jpgcb47832981880401fab7bf7a82c4e075.jpg

I agree. I’m hoping he doesn’t see any live action at all during the season and just hoping that he makes the most of the preseason reps and abnormally long preseason that the Jets have this year. Hopeful but doubtful. 

• Sympathy 1

reports from Sabo say that he still shows some of the issues he has exhibited in the past...  What do you think the HC is going to say about it ... he is making progress BUT lets not not put any expectations on him for the HOF game... LOL.  

Call me dubious about the reports he is progressing better... we'll seewhen the bullets start flying if he has progressed.  Hope so but like I said I am dubious.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saw Jets Twitter post a no-look pass from ZW.

Would be more encouraging to see clean footwork and basic staple passes that don't bounce 5 feet in front of receivers.

Jets Twitter showed a highlight play, I don’t like it. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Would be more encouraging to see clean footwork and basic staple passes that don't bounce 5 feet in front of receivers.

Being genuinely humbled is a good thing if you take it to heart.

Somehow he got the idea that playing QB in the NFL should be treated like an NBA slam dunk contest rather than a team sport.

Maybe he's actually just being himself and playing with confidence again?

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I would love for Zach to become a good player, but this is not something we can even remotely gauge from camp tweets or what players/coaches say to the media. 

Let’s see how he does in actual games 

It's actually part of what makes this HOF game so interesting.  Last time we saw Zach it was legitimately the worst QBing I've ever seen in the league outside of Denver starting a PS WR at QB during covid.

Huge step forward if he just looks the part, even if his stats aren't guady.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Being genuinely humbled is a good thing if you take it to heart.

Somehow he got the idea that playing QB in the NFL should be treated like an NBA slam dunk contest rather than a team sport.

This is an all-time bad post.

By literally every account he's doing everything that's been asked of him, he's following Rodgers around like a puppy dog trying to learn, he's not skipping throws, according to Saleh he's looked much more confident in his reads...and has been humble and a professional throughout the process.

I think it's highly unlikely he can revive his career and it's clear you don't like him - which is fine - but jeez - having to go to the ole - he sucks because he made a good play - is just a bit twisted.

6 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

It's actually part of what makes this HOF game so interesting.  Last time we saw Zach it was legitimately the worst QBing I've ever seen in the league outside of Denver starting a PS WR at QB during covid.

Huge step forward if he just looks the part, even if his stats aren't guady.

I can't go nuts over a preseason game, but sure, it would be good to see him look competent. 

• Upvote 1

I love the clips where you can see Zach is getting coached up.  It looks like he’s processing faster.   

The reported stats have still mostly been 55%-ish.   It’s practice and we don’t know what’s going on, but in real games he’s going to need to complete a higher percentage of passes.  

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I can't go nuts over a preseason game, but sure, it would be good to see him look competent. 

The bar really is that low. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he shows some ability to use the pocket and deliver accurate screen passes.

• Upvote 1

Not while Rodgers is here.  U cant jordan love him again.  Any premium picks will be used to help Rodgers win in this short window.

Give Rogers all the assurances in the world that the kid won’t play unless he retires or is injured. If the prospect sits for 2 or 3 years all the better. Assure the prospect that his time will come and he could not have a better teacher then Rogers mentoring him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The ONLY 2 things a QB needs:

1) Deciphering a defense quickly (processing speed)

2) Accuracy

Zach has neither. On top of that, he is TERRIFIED to get hit.  He does one read... the first one.. then self preservation kicks in and he runs away as fast as he can.  I do not see anything changing with him (even with Rodgers) as you cannot teach someone how to be unafraid. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

The ONLY 2 things a QB needs:
1) Deciphering a defense quickly (processing speed)
2) Accuracy
Zach has neither. On top of that, he is TERRIFIED to get hit.  He does one read... the first one.. then self preservation kicks in and he runs away as fast as he can.  I do not see anything changing with him (even with Rodgers) as you cannot teach someone how to be unafraid. 
Never been in the military huh ?

• Sympathy 1

Zach Wilson gets the start in the glorified scrimmage that is the HOF game. A start usually reserved for 3rd string QB's. 

Kind of amazing thinking about us as a fanbase thinking of him 2 summers ago to now. It was a complete and utter disaster none of us expected. 

Hope he can start to rebound and maybe, just maybe develop into a serviceable back. My take? We are auditioning him for a trade. Time will tell. 

• Thumb Down 14
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Zach Wilson gets the start in the glorified scrimmage that is the HOF game. A start usually reserved for 3rd string QB's. 

Kind of amazing thinking about us as a fanbase thinking of him 2 summers ago to now. It was a complete and utter disaster none of us expected. 

Hope he can start to rebound and maybe, just maybe develop into a serviceable back. My take? We are auditioning him for a trade. Time will tell. 

Fake news. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

He's a QB. I think. 

• Haha 2