NY Jets Sign Dalvin Cook

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Isn't it a good thing to actually have both of them on the team? It's only for 1 year also. 

Agreed , I like Knight but he’s the 5th guy …practice squad ..if someone grabs him you have to live with that . It’s a good problem to have .

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I definitely wanted to add a RB, and Dalvin is certainly an upgrade over Bam.  But this idea that Dalvin is a 3-down back still is faulty, for sure.  

He probably isn't but having a Hall, Cook, Carter, Izzy backfield at some point this season is pretty outstanding. I think this probably means Hall won't be ready by opening day which sucks.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Thanks for posting.....geez this guy is a game changer even if he lost 10% of that.  Maybe I'll revise my opinion of this signing all the way up to I'm now ok with it.  He's got baggage and ball security issues so I can't do better than ok.     

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

Cimini 

The Jets have now added Aaron Rodgers and Dalvin Cook, each of whom have been Pro Bowlers four times since 2018.

Per @EliasSports, the Jets are the first team in NFL history to add a QB and RB in the same offseason after both reached the Pro Bowl in 4 of the previous 5 seasons.

Celebrate Number 1 GIF by Awkwafina

• Haha 3

This all but guarantees Hall is going to start off the season on either the PUP or short-term IR.  Other than that, unless they get a decent offer for MC, it will be Bam who is the odd man out, that they'll try to move to the PS.  Given the overall depth of RB throughout the NFL, there's a decent chance he'll make it to their PS, but he's also shown enough that he'll probably get a called up to a roster this year, whether with the Jets or elsewhere, once regular-season injuries start piling up.

The greater question will probably be what the Jets end up doing once Hall is ready to make his way back and they need to make room for him, as they already seem to have lots of people looking to fill offensive skill positions, but I'm sure that will be more a matter of crossing that bridge when they come to it, as any injury could quickly answer that for them.

32 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

This all but guarantees Hall is going to start off the season on either the PUP or short-term IR.  Other than that, unless they get a decent offer for MC, it will be Bam who is the odd man out, that they'll try to move to the PS.  Given the overall depth of RB throughout the NFL, there's a decent chance he'll make it to their PS, but he's also shown enough that he'll probably get a called up to a roster this year, whether with the Jets or elsewhere, once regular-season injuries start piling up.

The greater question will probably be what the Jets end up doing once Hall is ready to make his way back and they need to make room for him, as they already seem to have lots of people looking to fill offensive skill positions, but I'm sure that will be more a matter of crossing that bridge when they come to it, as any injury could quickly answer that for them.

Gotta love these takes, based on absolutely nothing but guessing...

There is NO indication that Hall won't be ready to go on some level by week 1.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Not an expert on Cook by any stretch. I haven’t watched a full Vikings game since he joined the NFL. Maybe he’s washed maybe not, I have no idea

This is a very telling statement/admission.  It's hard to have an informed opinion on the NFL and it's players when you are watching/following one team and not watching/following the whole league.  Or maybe you just hate the Vikings and watch everyone else?