look on the bright side. we only have to give GB our #2 pick next yr instead of the #1

No need to even think about this... Rodgers will rise again in 2024 and Zach is becoming a beast before our eyes. In 2025 the Jets will shock the world with one of the best young QBs in the league.

No matter what draft pick we have ... there should be a good young arm to take as either a solid backup or direct competition for the starting role.

It is unfortunate zach needs to play this year ... but the team needs to turn this negative into a positive.... I am excited to see how Hackett handles this.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I know there are many forum members that were upset that we moved down two slots in the first rd as part of the Rodgers trade, and bashed Douglas for it.

Due to playing time, a conditional 1 st rder now becomes a second rd pick because Douglas negotiated injury protection.   That’s huge, specially if this year doesn’t go as well as initially hoped.

Thank you Joe Douglas, thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

another bright side of this the Zach Wilson question will be answered once and for all.

if he sucks he should be cut for next year, if he makes a huge step foward he stays. 

yes a huge step.  not going from the 34th QB to the 28th best QB. he needs to be around 20th best for me to keep him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

38 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We gave 3 seconds for Darnold.   I cant fault JD here… it blew up in our face.  

It was a massively risky move trading so much and paying so much for an aging, declining player.

You can absolutely blame JD for this, I surely do. But you are absolutely right, his miscalculation absolutely blew up in our face.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

you wanted Derek Carr?

He would have been my first choice.  Yes.  

But if Rodgers was my first choice, I surely wouldn't have bid against myself - and gave up a haul of picks for a player that no one else was trading for, they had to get rid of and who said he would only play for the Jets.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Next year he’s 40 we need to draft a QB who can grow with this young team win here ….. old fragile scared me.

I know it’s more attractive to draft a “ franchise qb “ but look at the piss poor failures jets have wasted premium top picks on. It’s hard enough to get it right. Have a young core, but it’s a win now core. When they are all putting their hands out for big contracts, be lucky to keep a few. Rodgers injury is freak, but emphasizes the urge for a good pass protection OL. Otherwise wether it’s best in business qb like rodgers getting the ball out, or a slow young field reader like Zach, qb is going to have issues.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

another bright side of this the Zach Wilson question will be answered once and for all.

if he sucks he should be cut for next year, if he makes a huge step foward he stays. 

yes a huge step.  not going from the 34th QB to the 28th best QB. he needs to be around 20th best for me to keep him.

Exactly this. Zach set the bar so low last yr, he shouldn’t be hailed for showing improvement if it’s not as you say, a huge one. 

• Post of the Week 3

18 hours ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

and we should be able to get a good QB with their first selection.

losing is good.   you don''t want to miss out on one of the top 4 QB's

bo callahan should be available

to.gif.0a5944f8bd0db680307d09411f1b8d38.gif

If we draft a QB instead of getting Rodgers some OL (or possibly WR) help, he'll likely be very angry at the organization.  So unless we've somehow got a shot at Caleb Williams (or possibly Drake Maye - I don't follow CFB very closely) then we'd be risking Rodgers retiring and us being stuck with a rookie starting QB next year.

Honestly, right now, my "way too early" prediction is that JD will trade down with the #1 to try to replace the #2 that we traded for AR8.

• Upvote 1

If we couldn't find a first rounder OT worth drafting at 14 what makes anyone thing we'll be able to find one next year with a worse draft slot.  Because I've got news for you, we are winning more than 7 games this year, guaranteed.   

However, in JD I do trust.

Go Jets!  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we draft a QB instead of getting Rodgers some OL (or possibly WR) help, he'll likely be very angry at the organization.  So unless we've somehow got a shot at Caleb Williams (or possibly Drake Maye - I don't follow CFB very closely) then we'd be risking Rodgers retiring and us being stuck with a rookie starting QB next year.

Honestly, right now, my "way too early" prediction is that JD will trade down with the #1 to try to replace the #2 that we traded for AR8.

The trade down option is very possible 

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

If we couldn't find a first rounder OT worth drafting at 14 what makes anyone thing we'll be able to find one next year with a worse draft slot.  Because I've got news for you, we are winning more than 7 games this year, guaranteed.    

We got Tippman in the 2nd round, so I guess we should just hope for the best.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

I'm drafting an OT next year fellas. I don't know if you got the memo, but we're still all in with Rodgers until he leaves our this young talent we have does. 

Keep building around him. 

Exactly, and sure will only help the next qb to have a stronger OL. We would have had a great OL, and probably still our qb, if we had used the zach, darnold picks ( and the 3 2nds to trade up ) on premium OL picks. 

6 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

you wanted Derek Carr?

so did i, and the early reviews are that Carr was the better choice.

we now have Rodgers for 1 year instead of 2 with the cost of two 2nd rd picks. 

and it might be less than that. a 40 yr old coming back from this injury could very well have a few setbacks that might cost him some time next year.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, doitny said:

so did i, and the early reviews are that Carr was the better choice.

we now have Rodgers for 1 year instead of 2 with the cost of two 2nd rd picks. 

and it might be less than that. a 40 yr old coming back from this injury could very well have a few setbacks that might cost him some time next year.

The cost for two years of Rodgers would've been a first and second instead of two 2's.  

On 9/16/2023 at 7:59 AM, Ecuadorian Jet said:

you wanted Derek Carr?

I wanted him after this mess so far I'm right. Theguy got knocked around last night behind horrible OL  no Kamara still kept the team in the game to win it. He would cost no draft picks and they could have dump Zach like nines dumped Lance. If Carr doesn't work out they could cut him lose and draftva QB instead we have a has been QB  on IR with Peter pan starting. The Jets paid 2 2nd rounders and lost out on drafting a premium player because they were back 2 spots all so Woody could fill seats. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2023 at 7:59 AM, Ecuadorian Jet said:

you wanted Derek Carr?

In a world where Rodgers cost a bounty of picks and cap and lasted 4 plays, and Zach Wilson appears en route to another ~30th amongst starting QB’s or so type rating, is having wanted Free Agent Carr the crazy opinion?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In a world where Rodgers cost a bounty of picks and cap and lasted 4 plays, and Zach Wilson appears en route to another ~30th amongst starting QB’s or so type rating, is having wanted Free Agent Carr the crazy opinion?

I wanted him as well.

30 for a QB is not old. You have a longer window of quality play, you keep 2 extra high draft picks to continue to build around him.

• Upvote 1