--- Jets vs Broncos # The Game Thread ---

Robert

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Win the damn game or we moving this b!tch to defcon 3.

DEFCON 3 has only happened 4 times in the history of the US. It hasn't happened for 22 years. The Cuban Missile Crisis is the only example of DEFCON 2. 1-4 is a DEFCON 4 type of thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

We have to try different things to undo all the bad Karma that @BP brought upon us.

Your horrendous track record of failure in starting game threads speaks for itself. You don’t need me to tell anybody this, just do a simple search of “game thread loss” and I’m sure an abundance of threads started by @Maxman will show up in the results. You should let some new blood try it, Sean.

Just saw you had a leak (sorry man) and all I kept thinking of was that picture of your face with smoke all over it after you tried unplugging the JN server in your basement and it almost caught fire. 

You are bad luck, just face it. It’s like somebody put the fergosi emerald in your rv 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

The season starts today. The defense is ready to feast. Zach is ready to step up.

The brutal part of the schedule is over. Time for some Wins and that begins this afternoon.

Let's go Jets!

Zach is "ready" to step up ???  There should be a question there and not a statement.  Can he step up ???

IMHO, Wilson's performance by far outweighs having a "W" in this game.  Was last week a fluke, or did we witness something unexpected and very unlikely ???

Was that field Wilson's second birth pace ???

The significance of that question is massive.

these 2 teams are similar is many respects.   ask yourself this is it more likely that zw will get a road win or that the broncos defense will play better at home.

there's plenty of discord in denver as well.  but  rw has played much, much better this year than last year

unless the broncs defense is complete and utter crap this looks like a bad spot for the jets. 

two desperate teams trying to get momentum.  denver seems to have the edge.

i wouldn't bet the jets here expecting a win.   

• Upvote 1

Win, or the season is effectively over.  1-4, going into the buzz-saw that will be the Eagles (who the Jets have what, never beaten?)

1-5 going into the bye, with our only win the miracle OT punt return over Buffalo (a team that would beat us 9 out of 10 if we replayed that game?)

I get folks want to be optimistic, but today is as close to a "Must Win" for us as we're likely to get this year.  Lose, and it's all about player development and draft pick slot, sadly.

Zach better damn well produce vs. this worst-in-NFL Defense today.  For all the silly over-hype over his "better than Mahomes" 2 quarters-of-actual-good-play vs. the Chiefs in a loss, today is vastly more meaningful.  If he can't produce today, he should be benched immediately.  No excuses.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Win, or the season is effectively over.  1-4, going into the buzz-saw that will be the Eagles (who the Jets have what, never beaten?)

1-5 going into the bye, with our only win the miracle OT punt return over Buffalo (a team that would beat us 9 out of 10 if we replayed that game?)

I get folks want to be optimistic, but today is as close to a "Must Win" for us as we're likely to get this year.  Lose, and it's all about player development and draft pick slot, sadly.

Zach better damn well produce vs. this worst-in-NFL Defense today.  For all the silly over-hype over his "better than Mahomes" 2 quarters-of-actual-good-play vs. the Chiefs in a loss, today is vastly more meaningful.  If he can't produce today, he should be benched immediately.  No excuses.

He can be awful today, I don't think there's any chance he gets bench this season. 

25 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

yep... this game, historically, has been a trap game.   Nothing would be better than  Zach playing well and us with a 24 17 type win.

Zach plays like a decent NFL QB and we get the 2nd of the 3 wins we need before the bye

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jermaine Johnson or Bryce Huff for Davante Adams. Make it so.

Huff is definitely at his peak value right now - and they're not keeping him anyway. 

I love Huff, but if we can get Adams for him - I make that move without a thought.  Only way they give up JJ is if you can lock up Huff long term (which I would prefer - run stopping edges that can't get to the QB are a dime a dozen) But I'm pretty sure Big Mac was drafted to replace him.

• Upvote 2