Baker Mayfield huh?

4 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

I thought he’d be good and that geno would be good too. I thought fields would be good too. This is why I don’t evaluate qbs for a living

I thought Zach Wilson would suck.  I thought Fields would suck.  I though Baker would be good.  I though Trevor Lawrence would be great.  I thought the Giants should have taken Haskins instead of Jones.  I thought Jaylin Hurts would wind up being a starter.  I predicted Tanner McKee would eventually wind up as a starter.  I was unsure about Sam Darnold.  I was unsure about Sanchez.  I thought Geno would suck.  I thought Josh Allen would never fix his accuracy issues.  I thought Josh Rosen would suck.  I though Deshun Watson would be better than Mahomes.  I thogut Trubisy would suck. 

Win some lose some.  Just like the expert GMs that get it wrong half the time.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mayfield is the worst kind of qb you can have.  He will get you 8-10 wins and a 1st round exit in the playoffs.  And then you keep bringing him back and not address the qb position.

Hes a poor mans Derek Carr.

Thats like 90% of the non sh*tty QB's in football including guys like Lamar Jackson.

• Upvote 2

Baker Mayfield will tend to have a section of time where he looks good, and then a section of time where he looks awful. He's in a good phase currently. At some point he will look terrible again and people will forget he looked good. He will get traded to another team and do the same thing.

• Haha 1

I think I would’ve preferred mayfield to darnold.  Mayfield seemed to show some spark and emotion.  Darnold was kinda dull.  But look at how much better Allen plays.  Allen doesn’t seem to be very smart but he throws much better than he showed in college and his physical stature and strength just adds a huge dimension to his game.

• Upvote 2

At the time, without the benfits of hindsight, I:

Preferred the Cleveland Molester over Adams.

Preferred Mayfield over Darnold.

Preferred Fields or Jones over Wilson.

Don't think I was that wrong on any of them, 1 v 1, although clearly there were better options than all of the them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, talisaynon said:

I thought he’d be good and that geno would be good too. I thought fields would be good too. This is why I don’t evaluate qbs for a living

Geno has more receipts, the last five games of 2022, the entire 2023 season

and so far this year. I would have preferred signing him than Rodgers

• Upvote 1