Let's treat each other with respect

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

There have been several reported posts lately and a lot of feedback that the tone here has gone downhill. That is really upsetting to me, so it is imperative that everyone treats others with respect.

No personal attacks.

Use the ignore feature if you feel the need to attack others.

This is a fun season. There was so much frustration early with the Rodgers injury, but the Jets pulled out a huge win on Sunday. Enjoy the bye week. Enjoy this team getting better, and enjoy the ride!

There is enough stress in everyday life. This is a place for fun.

hqg GIF

I'd also like to see more public accolades given to Becton & Zach Wilson.  They got trashed and justifiably so, but both have done what most thought would never happen.  They cleaned it up and are contributing.  If both continue to improve it is a major windfall for the Jets.

It would also add to the JD legacy if those two cats pan out.  

I'm pullin' for 'em. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Man where is that guy, he's music buddy of mine. We had been online friends for years but he would never let me know what his first name was I hope he's alright

a few years ago there was a thread about we became jets fans

his involved working at peep shows in the city, cleaning the floors ( use your imagination) quarters and free tickets to the Jets.

Hope he is ok as well because he is a classic. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2023 at 10:08 AM, Scott Dierking said:

So, you are a new poster here, yet know the entire history of TomShane, or should I say T0mShane? Can you tell me where this TomShane guide exists? I would like to read it, with pictures.

He’s spent a lot of time reading since signing up on Saturday.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

his involved working at peep shows in the city, cleaning the floors ( use your imagination) quarters and free tickets to the Jets.

if i recall correctly didnt he send a "im out of here for a while" stress post a few months ago????

26 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Man where is that guy, he's music buddy of mine. We had been online friends for years but he would never let me know what his first name was I hope he's alright

I think his first name was Borgo.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

38 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

34 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I agree ... That guy was awesome

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Trotter said:

29 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

if i recall correctly didnt he send a "im out of here for a while" stress post a few months ago????

Nope that wasn’t Munch.  His most recent posts here were November 6, 2022 and there was no sign of any issues in any of those posts.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

If you choose to believe what Aaron Rodgers has to say about medical science, then gif away, my friend

Do you think the guy standing on the sideline w/ no support and slinging the rock to his boys pregame was actually an AI generated robot?

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I think his first name was Borgo.

Max, would you ever consider messaging someone who has mysteriously disappeared and asked them if everything is alright and if there is anything that we, as a community can do to help? Let him know that people are asking about him...?

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

One of the worst things about a community such as this, is having long-time active community members effectively disappear, and never knowing why or if they're ok.

While it's been made clear by a few folks lately that they're not here to make friends, our long-time participants and community members inevitable think of other, similar long-timers as friends of a sort.  People we talk to almost every day, joke with, talk sports, music, fishing, whatever with on the regular, guys who over the years have memes on the board about them (like Savage and Curtis Martin, or Sperm writing novels, etc.) we joke with each other about.  

Then, one day, someone notices a guy hasn't been around a while.  Like months, or even years when it gets commented on.

And you just never know, did they pass on.  Did they ragequit.  Did they just drop the team out of frustration.  Who knows, and in most cases, we'll never know unless they have family on the board too, or real life friends on the board.

It's just sorta sad if you think about it.  Well, for some of us it's sad I guess.

This is a long post to say you miss @Smizzy

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone who wants to fistfight me behind the Sunoco station on Queens Boulevard across from the Best Western, speak up now or die a coward

I believe that an Applebee's parking lot is the traditional venue for such events.

I thought you were an institutionalist.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

One of the worst things about a community such as this, is having long-time active community members effectively disappear, and never knowing why or if they're ok.

While it's been made clear by a few folks lately that they're not here to make friends, our long-time participants and community members inevitable think of other, similar long-timers as friends of a sort.  People we talk to almost every day, joke with, talk sports, music, fishing, whatever with on the regular, guys who over the years have memes on the board about them (like Savage and Curtis Martin, or Sperm writing novels, etc.) we joke with each other about.  

Then, one day, someone notices a guy hasn't been around a while.  Like months, or even years when it gets commented on.

And you just never know, did they pass on.  Did they ragequit.  Did they just drop the team out of frustration.  Who knows, and in most cases, we'll never know unless they have family on the board too, or real life friends on the board.

It's just sorta sad if you think about it.  Well, for some of us it's sad I guess.

This is the sad part of it all for me Warfish, I have come to like most of the guys (and the ladies back when they were still here) now we're getting guys who are keeping track of every negative thing that has ever been written said and even joked about Zach Wilson, like there's going to be some reckoning someday like at the end of that Kevin Smith movie

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

why cant you post nice things like this more often?

It is possible that he has died, because we are all going to die and idk if signing in will be our top priority at that time

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's one disturbing avatar, fish.

Kudos.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

This is the sad part of it all for me Warfish, I have come to like most of the guys (and the ladies back when they were still here) now we're getting guys who are keeping track of every negative thing that has ever been written said and even joked about Zach Wilson, like there's going to be some reckoning someday like at the end of that Kevin Smith movie

I like all these ****ers.  Even the ones charting what I say.  I even like @T0mShane and I have literally set my google maps for the Sunoco on Queens Boulevard so I can fight him. 

I just wish the location was still the Western Beef in Shaolin since then I wouldn't have to pay a toll.  When my office was in Forest Hills that is where they wanted to meet up.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2